Status: Under Construction. Posted on wattpad as "Rebels and Skeletons"

Burn It to the Ground

She's Heaven On The Eyes, But Boy She's Hell On The Heart.

Kassia's POV

Pacing casually across the cheap, stained carpet of the motel room, I peered out the large window. Maura was right; the Impala was out of sight. Those assholes went for a head start on the case. I shouldn't have been surprised, but disappointed that we could have been on another hot-pursuit car chase.

Then another thought hit me quickly. "Hey, what if the taller one had one of those visions? I mean he said he's telekinesis, so maybe something could be going down right now." I stated to her, realizing how ridiculous I sounded.

Maura turned her head sharply towards me. "Girl, you aren't even seriously right now? Kass, that was just another lousy excuse to catch you off guard," she retorted, pounding a fist on the table in front of her. I stared at her blankly and she rolled her eyes, continuing. "What, do you suddenly believe that we can trust these scumbags?"

"Maybe you are right..." I declared as my voice trailed off, crossing my arms over my chest and feeling uncomfortable arguing with sister. That still didn't explain the details they we're filling our ears with, but I guess I was on my own with that one. There's no way I could get her to trust anyone anymore; it was in her instincts to decline every new person she meets, that is unless she is drunk enough and has a one-night stand.

"Damn straight," she recalled with the raise of her voice, followed by a smile. "I'm always right."

I rolled my eyes and nudged her arm, playfully. "Yeah sure, keep believing that, princess."

She stuck her tongue at me and walked over to the mini fridge on the other side of the room, opening it and realizing there wasn't anything in it. She sighed loudly and turned to me. "You mind going out and getting us a couple 6-packs? And maybe a pizza or something? I need to stay here and do some more researching."

"You want me to take the Firebird?" I asked confused. Maura never let me drive her car, unless she was drunk or too injured after a hunt.

"No, go find a horse and buggy and see if the Amish can take you to the liquor store," she stated with a straight face, obviously annoyed that I would ask such a question.

I laughed softly. "I don't think Amish live in the middle of Cheyenne, Maura."

She growled at me, ignoring my smart ass remark and tossed me the keys. "Just bring it back in on piece, otherwise I'll have to kick more than sexist ass, 'ight'?"

I nodded before heading out the door to the Firebird. I could feel the taunting, rising inside me, as the car was telling me to put the pedal to the metal. As tempting as the invite was, I wasn't going to break a promise with my sister.

Almost five miles out of the way, I stopped at a little joint called Parkway Pizza. I ordered a large pepperoni pizza and added two cases of beer to the counter. The aroma of greasy cheese filled the restaurant, making my mouth water more by the second. I picked up the pizza box in one hand and struggled to grasp onto the two six-packs. The young cashier behind the counter watched me fumbling to take a hold of it. Once I finally succeeded I muttered out loud, "No I don't need any help or anything, that's fine," just enough for only him to hear. He continued to stare at me, as I backed up against the door and pushed it opened. The beer glasses clinked together as I fiercely pushed on the second door and proceeded to the car. People just don't have common courtesy.

Placing the beer on the hood and the box on the car, I noticed the familiar black car strolling along quickly down the street. I sighed as I opened the passenger door, putting the beer on the floor and the pizza on the passenger seat. My mind was in sort of a haze, wondering if the boys found anything about the case. Also, Maura and I needed to hurry up and go down to that bar, where all the victims seemed to roost.

___________________________________________________________________

Dean's POV

After stopping at a local gas station to go pee, I strutted out of the run down, grimy restroom and hastily pulled my cell phone from my pocket, scrolling through all the contacts and hesitated once Dad was highlight in blue. Sam nor I have gotten a hold of him since he said about going on a big hunt one day. I was worried about the man. As for Sam, well, for him not being on speaking terms I wasn't sure what he was thinking.

A sigh escaped from my mouth as I pressed the 'call' button. Three rings and an answering machine. Same thing every time, saying to call me if help was needed. We know he's out there, but why wouldn't he pick up his damn phone just once... I'll never know.

"Dad," I said as I began to leave a voicemail. "It's Dean." I breathed heavily and continued. "Listen, um- Sam and I are in Cheyenne, Wyoming... it um- seems like a pretty good case on our hands; ran into some hunters along the way out for the same case- they're two sisters... I don't know whether they are the real deal or just another distraction, but-" I paused and mumbled, "God, this is so stupid," I sighed and turned to notice the sun going down, resting at ease behind the trees. "I just wish you would answer your damn phone and tell me you're okay, so I could stop worrying..."

I shook my head. This is stupid. He's not going to answer, why am I even bothering? I hung up the phone and walked quickly back to the car. Sam was sitting in the passenger side, looking at some research papers. I opened the car door and slid across the leather seat. Sam looked up at me and acknowledged the beads of sweat rolling off my face. "Dude, you alright? You seem a little... peaked."

I put the keys in the ignition, gawking over at my brother. "Nasty facilities; gas stations really need to upgrade or something." He chuckled as I grinned back at started up the Impala, high-tailing it back to the motel.

-

"The Firebird is gone," Sam said, though I was quite aware of that before we ever pulled into the parking lot.

"Probably out doing what we were doing. You know how determined woman can be," I replied with a smile. Sam rolled his eyes up in his head and opened the door to get out. I did the same and realized the black and gold Firebird coming down the road and into the parking lot. I smirked to myself, noticing the younger one was the only one in the car.

She parked next to us, cut the engine and got out of the car, heading over towards me. She turned to us with a nod and said, "Hello boys," opening the passenger door to reveal a pizza box and two six-packs.

"You and your sister having a party?" I replied, holding the door open for her, as Sam walked over to us. She hesitated, bending down to pick up the beers off the floor of the car. I watched as her white tank top moved up, exposing the lower of her back. She had a bizaree tattoo stamped above her waist-line; it appeared to be some type of symbol. (1st symbol)"Nice ink by the way."

Kassia peered over her shoulder, before picking up the beer and placing it on the roof. "No and thanks," she retorted with a fake smile and the pizza in her hand.

"What kind of symbol is it?" I replied, as Sam nudged my arm. I shrugged my shoulders at him, puzzled as to why he was hinting for me not to ask. I was curious.

She shut the door of the car with her foot. "It's a Chinese symbol for love if you really wanted to know. I got it one day when I was out with some friends in high school, but why am I telling you this? I don't know." She said, reaching up to grab the beers off the roof, struggling to get a good grip on it.

"Here, let me help you with that," I offered, reaching over her as our bare arms brushed against each others.

She jerked away from me and spat, "No, you might steal my beer."

Sam laughed and spoke up, brushing passed me. "Dean here will, but I won't I promise." Kassia seemed somewhat skeptical, but she nodded and Sam helped her take in the beer.

I shook my head in disbelief. I mumbled to myself, "really, she trusts him and not me? This is down right ridiculous." I quickly followed them as I saw the older one opening the door to their room, wide-eyed and furious.

"What are they doing with our beer?" she said hatefully, gritting her teeth and glaring at both Sam and I.

"Hey, don't yell at her. Sam was doing your sister a favor, now if you excuse us, my brother and I have some unfinished business to do," I replied with a grin and a pat on Sam's shoulder, staring back at Kassia.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks so far for reading our story. Keep up with the comments, they are super duper amazing :)