Status: New. :D

Teenage Misfits

Sickness

I don't feel sick. I never felt sick, and yet people always treated me like a disease. A heart defect isn't a sickness, you can't catch it by breathing the same air as I do. You're born with heart defects, but mine never affected me until I was three. I'm an orphan, my mother died giving birth and my dad didn't want me. I was living in the orphanage since I was born and when I turned three I started fainting and having palpitations. When Miss. Janet brought me to the hospital I don't remember much, a doctor stuck me with needles and took a lot of tests.

I was diagnosed with LQTS, long QT syndrome. A rare heart defect that affects the heart's electrical activity. To put it simply, I have an irregular heartbeat. Having LQTS doesn't always mean that you have to live in the hospital like I do.The only reason I'm stuck here is because I suffer from frequent arrhythmias, problems with my heartbeat.

I'm a lost cause, doctors have been telling me I'm going to die before I'm twenty. To be honest, I'd rather die in a car accident than die from an irregular heartbeat.

I never know when I'll have an arrhythmia, and that worries me a lot. I can die at any second. Any day could be my last, but I'm definitely not living it like I want to.

I'm not sick. I don't have a disease. I'm not a freak, I have interests just like any other teenage girl. But all people see me as is a dying girl. I'm sick, I'm contagious, and I'm a freak because I sometimes faint and I'm different

I've given up on the world, trying to make people understand my condition is pointless.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lemme know what you think? It'll get better, I promise.

Comment&Subscribe