Status: New. :D

Teenage Misfits

Sam

I've had this thought all day, something telling me that today's going to be good. It's weird, I rarely get this feeling, when living at a hospital nothing seems good. But today something good will happen, it's just a random premonition.

My morning was normal, wake up and eat breakfast with Lisa, do any scheduled tests, go to the workout room and do some easy exercises, do any other scheduled test, and then go to my studio.

Because I'm a full-time resident here the chief of staff decided to give me my own room to do art in. I've always loved art and always wanted to become a famous painter or sculptor. I spend at least an hour working on my art everyday. Today, my hour seems to be cut short because of that feeling. Something is going to happen soon, but I'm not longer sure if it's good or not.

I pull my hoodie tighter around my body before standing up and exiting my studio. As soon as I shut the door behind me a person stumbles into me making my heartbeat increase as we both fall to the floor.

"I'm so sorry!" I blink and put a hand over my heart, trying to calm my racing heart before looking up and meeting a pair of stormy gray eyes.

"It's fine," I lie. "But I'd appreciate it if you didn't make running into me a habit of yours." I reply putting slightly more pressure on my chest to feel my heartbeat, it's returning to normal.

"Well obviously fate wants me to keep running into you." He says with a small, gentle smile.

"I don't believe in fate." I reply.

He shrugs, "Not everyone does." he says and gets to his feet offering his hand out to me. "I'm Sam."

I stare at him for a moment, brown hair that stopped just below his stormy eyes, small but built body, fair skin. I already don't like him.

I grab his hand and he helps me to my feet, "Juliet." I reply and release his hand.

He smiles at me, "Nice to meet you."

"I can't say the same," I reply then glance around, "Although, I see no duffle, no doctors, nor any security guards. I hope you don't mind me asking, but what are you doing here this time?"

He grimaces when I mention his last visit to the hospital and then sighs, "You're judging me." He says.

"Well your actions are pretty judgeable." I reply and sidestep him, he's bad news.

He turns around and follows me as I start the walk towards my room, "The drugs weren't for me, they were for someone else. I'm here as a punishment, community service."

"Community service at the best hospital in the country? What are they going to have you do?"

He shrugs, "Whatever they tell me to do. So far I've been mopping floors and shit like that." His eyes widen for a moment. "Sorry." he apologizes.

"For what?" I ask.

"Swearing." He shakes his head, "I'm trying to stop."

"Oh." I reply. I don't want to be near him anymore. "Oops, I forgot. I have a scheduled meeting with my doctor." I lie, "I have to go."

He looks at me and then sighs, "I know you're lying, but if you really want to get away from me that badly, I'll just go." he smiles quickly before he turns down another hallway, "See you soon, Juliet."

I stand there dumbfounded, I just met him. How could he possibly know that I was lying? I blink, if I think about him I'll just become curious and then associate myself with him more. I will not let that happen. I continue walking to my room, one thing on my mind.

Sam.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was gonna update yesterday but since it was christmas I couldn't. I hope you all enjoyed it :D

Comment&Subscribe :)