Come Back To Me It's Almost Easy

Fatherly Instincts

After Mikey and the guys left Jamia left to go get us some food. Being pregnant with twins makes me really hungry sometimes. Alicia also went out to get us some stuff to do while I was stuck in the hospital. Ashley was sitting on my bed with me, Katelyn and Eliza were both sitting in chairs in my room and we were all talking about random stuff.

“What does Mikey think about the names you picked out?” Ashley asked.

“He likes them, he picked out the middle names.” I said.

“What are they going to be?” Katelyn asked.

“Tyler Michael and Taylor Mackenzie Way.”

“Awe those are cute names.” Eliza said.

“Thanks,”

“No problem.” She said.

“Okay I’m back.” Jamia said coming in the room with Subway in her hands.

“Yes, I love Subway.” I said.

“I know I called Mikey and asked him what you would want.” She smirked.

“Thank you.” I said taking my sandwich; I sat it on my belly. It was actually really helpful to have a big belly because it acted as a table too.

A few minutes later Alicia walked in with three bags full of games and puzzle books to keep us busy. Following her was a nurse coming back to check on me. She looked at the monitor that was monitoring my contractions; a smile appeared on her face.

“It looks like your contractions have almost stopped.” She said.

“That’s awesome.” I said with a huge smile.

“Yes it is,” she said. “We’ll just have to keep you on this medication and maybe it will keep us from having to do an early C-section.”

“It would be a miracle and a blessing.”

“We’re praying for you.” She said.

“It means a lot.” I said.

“Oh the doctor wanted me to tell you that next week we’ll do another ultrasound so we can monitor the fluid in the placenta.”

“Okay that’s fine.” I said.

“Alright see you next time I come to check on you.”

“Bye,” She walked out of the room leaving me to devour the rest of my Subway.

*Mikey’s POV*

Me and the guys got off of our plane and walked into the New York Airport. We then walked out of the airport and called two taxis. The taxis took us to mine and Amber’s apartment first. Frank paid for this round of taxis and then we all walked up to our apartment.

“Okay you guys can watch TV while I pack Amber’s stuff.” I told them. I walked into our room and went straight for the closet. Every maternity outfit I seen I packed in a suitcase; I even threw a couple things in for me. After I finished packing everything up I walked back out into the living room and we all left.

We made pit stops at everyone else’s houses then went back to the airport. Our plane back to New York would take off at nine o’clock tonight and it was only six right now. All of us sat in the waiting place just hoping that our plane would come early. I really wanted to get back to Amber. Just the though of her being there without me made me sick.

What if she went into labor and they had to do a C-section? What if the babies died? What if Amber died? All these questions raced through my head making me even more nervous and antsy.

“Mikey are you okay? You look a little pale.” Ray asked.

“Yeah just a little worried.” I said.

“Don’t worry everything will be fine. We’ll get back there soon.” Frank said.

The guys kept trying to reassure me that everything would be fine. They kept saying one of the girls would have called if something went wrong. Something in my mind wanted me to believe them but then there was part of me that said something was going to go wrong.

Finally after two grueling hours the PA system announced that we could now board our flight to New York. All of us got on the plane and strapped into our seats. Soon in the flight all the guys were sleeping except for me. I sat in the plane looking out the window hoping that they would say we are now landing right then.

Though it felt like an eternity that eventually did happen. The plane started to dip lower out of the sky and I could see the New York lights. I nudged Gerard with my elbow waking him up and telling him we were landing now. As he woke up the other guys I looked at my phones clock. 11:02PM it said.

Amber would probably be sleeping. The plane landed and we all got off.

“You guys can go back to the hotel I’m going to the hospital.” I told the guys.

“Mikey you need to sleep.” Gerard said.

“No I need to be with Amber and the babies.” I said.

“You’re so much like dad. Stubborn as hell and put your family before yourself.” Gerard smirked.

“I’ll take that as a compliment.”

“Just please promise me that you’ll at least get some sleep at the hospital.”

“Alright I will.”

“I’ll see you tomorrow; call me if anything happens before then though.” Gerard said wrapping his arms around me in a hug.

“I love you big bro.”

“Love you too little bro.” We smiled and I watched the guys leave in a cab. Soon a cab came for me and it took me to the hospital. Once I got there I went straight to Amber’s room where I seen her peacefully sleeping. A smile appeared on my face for the second time today.

I walked over to her bed and sat in the chair beside it. I took her hand in mine and kissed the top of it. Gerard wanted me to sleep but for some odd reason I wasn’t tired. Maybe it was the fatherly instinct coming out in me but all I wanted to do was watch Amber sleep to make sure that she and the babies would be okay.