Come Back To Me It's Almost Easy

Better Than Expected

"I'm pregnant." I said nervously. Silence consumed us both. "Are you going to say anything?"

"I'm just kind of in shock right now." He said.

"What do you want to do about it?" I asked him.

"Well we're both adults so we should take responsibility for our actions."

"I couldn't agree more."

"How far along are you?"

"Just thirteen weeks."

"So we have lots of time to plan for this baby."

"Yes." I said. "But my next ultra sound is in two days."

"That's cool." He said.

"So your excited about this baby?"

"Yeah actually I am I think it will be cool to be a dad."

"You don't know how good that is to hear." I said. It made me so happy that he was glad that we were going to be parents.

*Going to the Ultra-Sound*

My belly had gotten slightly bigger, but it still didn't look like I was pregnant it just looked like I was a little bloated. No one knew that I was expecting yet, today everyone is going over to the Way's house so we can tell them at dinner.

We pulled up to the doctor's office and got out of the cab. Mikey grabbed my hand and we walked into the office. After signing in we sat and waited in anticipation. It took about twenty minutes but then they called us back to the room. It was a small room but it held a bed which I was sitting on and an ultra-sound machine. In another minute the doctor came in the room.

"Hello Amber how are you feeling?" She asked me.

"Other than the morning sickness I'm alright." I said.

"That's good, you haven't had any pain."

"No."

"Ok then let's take a look at your baby." She turned on the machine while I was laying down and pulling up my shirt.

Mikey took my hand in his as she rubbed the gel stuff on my belly. Then she got the probe thing and started searching on my belly. I looked over at the screen to see a moving thing, then I could hear the heartbeat. A smile appeared as I realized that was my baby, the thing I would have to take care of for the next eighteen or so years.

I looked back at Mikey and he seemed to be in awe, he looked at me and smiled.

"That's our baby." I said to him.

"Yep and it's beautiful." He said.

We finished up the ultra sound and I got all the gel off of my belly. The doctor said I was fine and that I had to come back when I was sixteen weeks along. At that appointment we could find out what we are having. I'm not sure if I want to find out or not, I guess I'll have to think about it some more.

We walked out of the office, Mikey called a cab and we got in. The cab drove us back to our apartment where we quickly fed the cat and then got in Mikey's car. He would be driving us to Belleville, New Jersey for the dinner.

"How do you think your parents will take it?" I asked.

"I think they'll be happy to be grandparents." He said.

"You don't think they'll be mad?"

"Stop being nervous, my parents love you and they'll love this baby with all of their hearts." He said putting his hand on mine. I smiled.

"You always know what do say don't you?"

"Of course I'm Mikey Way." I laughed.

The drive to New Jersey took just over an hour and now we were sitting in Mikey's driveway.

"Are you ready?" He asked.

"Yep." I said. We got out of the car and walked up to the door. We felt we didn't need to knock and just walked in.

"Oh, Michael, Amber you guys are home." Donna said running up to us and hugging us. She didn't know we had news to tell everyone she just thought we wanted to have a family dinner. Which a family dinner was going to be nice for us. I looked around to see all the guys and their girlfriends were here as well.

After a few minutes of hugging we were sitting down and eating the amazing meal that Donna had cooked for us. Me and Mikey were waiting for the perfect moment to tell everyone that we were in fact expecting a baby. Mikey looked over at me and nodded, I stood up and knocked my fork on my glass. Everyone stopped talking and looked at me.

"Me and Mikey have an announcment to make." I said.

"Are you guys getting married?" Frankie asked.

"No, I'm pregnant." I said.

"Oh my god you are?" Donna said with a smile on her face.

"Yes." Mikey said.

"Your not mad are you?" I asked her.

"Of course not honey, I know that you guys love each other and will make great parents for my grandchild." She said.

"To Mikey and Amber." Gerard said raising his wine glass. Everyone else raised their wine while I raised my fruit punch. Well maybe this pregnancy thing will go better than I expected.