Come Back To Me It's Almost Easy

Complications

*3 Weeks Later*

I am now sixteen weeks along and today me and Mikey are going for a check-up and an ultrasound. Hopefully everything is alright and they say me and the baby are healthy.

"So do you want to know what the baby is?" Mikey asked me as he was driving.

"I think it would make everything a lot easier down the road, don't you?" I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Like if we know what the sex of the baby is we can buy it stuff."

"Yeah,"

Another couple minutes later we pulled up to the birthing center. Me and Mikey decided that we wanted to have a midwife instead of go to a hospital. We parked the car and we both got out. My belly has gotten bigger over the past three weeks and I've gained about six pounds. We walked into the building, Mikey signed us in and we sat down to wait for our names to be called.

"Amberlynn Connors." The nurse called ten minutes later. We got up and followed her back to a room. It was the same room we had last time with the ultrasound machine and a bed. Another five minutes passed and the doctor came in and sat down next to the bed.

"Hello Amber how are you feeling?" She asked.

"Good except for all the peeing I've been doing lately." I said, she laughed.

"That's good," She took out the gel they put on my belly for the ultrasounds. "Let's get you ready for the ultrasound."

I lay down on the bed and lifted my shirt. Then the nurse squeezed some of the blueish gel on my newly formed baby bump. The ultrasound machine turned on and she put the probe thing on my stomach. An image of my baby popped up on the screen making me smile. As the nurse kept probing around she got this weird look on her face.

"Is something wrong?" I asked her.

"Yes actually, there is." She looked over at me. Mikey grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

"What's wrong?" Mikey asked.

"Well the first part is good, your pregnant with twins," She paused. "The second part is that I'm seeing the early signs of Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome."

"What's that?" I asked, I had honestly never heard of that before but I had a feeling it wasn't good.

"It's where one of the twins fluids increase because they take it from the other one making the other one's decrease. It becomes serious because one of the baby's keeps growing and the other one doesn't." She said.

I felt tears come to my eyes.

"Is it fatal?" I asked trying to hold back my tears.

"Yes, either we can save both of them, one of them will live or it's possible for both of them to die."

That's when I broke down into tears, even though this was't a planned pregnancy over the last couple weeks I've been getting more excited about the baby. Now I find out I'm having two and I could lose both of them.

"I don't think we can have you at the birthing center now though, you need to be at a hospital. The pregnancy is too high risk." She said.

"Alright, whatever it takes to keep our babies alive." Mikey said because I was still bawling my eyes out. "Come on honey let's go."

Mikey helped me out of the bed after I wiped the gel off of my stomach. We walked out of the birthing center, got back into the car and started driving home. Silence enveloped us in the car because neither of us knew what to say.

"Don't worry hon everything is going to be okay." Mikey said putting his hand over mine.

"But what if it isn't? What if we lose the babies?" I asked.

"I really don't know but I do know that we just have to be positive even though it's a shitty situation."

"You always know what to say."

"That's because I'm the great Mikey Way." I chuckled wiping away my tears. Just then Mikey's phone rang, he grabbed it out of his pocket and answered it.

Only hearing one end of a conversation can be hard to get what they are saying so I just decided to wait until Mikey hung up the phone until I asked him anything. Once he hung up that's when I started asking stuff.

"Who was that?" I asked.

"It was Gerard."

"What did he want?"

"Well the band wants to start working on a new record."

"Oh,"

"Are you okay with that?"

"Yeah, when do they want to do that?"

"Today, they're already at the studio."

"Ok well you can just drop me off at home and you can leave okay?"

"Are you sure you'll be ok?"

"I'm strong I'll be fine."

"Alright then."

A couple minutes later we arrived at our building, I got out of the car and walked over Mikey's side of the car where he was standing. His arms reached out and pulled me into his chest. I looked up and he pecked my lips.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too." I said smiling.

"Be careful." He pulled away. "Oh and get lots of rest."

"Don't worry I will." Mikey got back in the car.

"Bye,"

"Bye." I said. Then Mikey pulled away, I stood watching until I couldn't see him anymore. After that I went inside, sat on the couch and thought about the days events. If I were to lose either one of these babies I don't know what I would do. As I was thinking the phone started rining. I got up from the couch, walked over to the phone and looked at the called ID. 'Birthing Center' it said.

What now was all I could think.