Rotting Out

Party Poison

“You’ll see…hehe I think you’ll like it.” Dylan responded, putting his key in the ignition.
I sighed and rolled down the window slightly; cigarette in hand and took a drag as Dylan started driving out of the parking lot and on to the streets. The whole time we were together (as a couple), I didn’t recall him being the greatest driver ever…Just let him do what he wants; that is all I need to tell myself.

We pulled up to a familiar parking lot…and I jump out of the truck tossing the cig onto the ground at last. I stepped on it quickly and spun around in the middle of the next parking space.

Dylan appeared right next to me, mocked my dance moves, and laughed. “Okay, silly”

I rolled my eyes at him and looked up realizing that we’re at a music club. “Who’s playing tonight?”

“I don’t know yet…just let’s go see,” He walked to the front door and I followed a few paces behind.

“I’ll treat by the way...for the tickets and whatever.” He told me.

“Aw, that’s so nice of you…thanks,” I said trailing off into a soft monotone.

He paid for a couple of tickets and we ran up to the stage to see a handful of scruffy teens warming up. I decided to stand a little bit behind where there would likely be a mosh pit.
Dylan asked, “Want anything to drink?”

“I’m good, but if you want anything go ahead,” I said, smiling at him.

He nodded and left me alone to go buy himself something. I walked to the bathroom to go take a piss. I went into the stall, staring at the graffiti around me. There were remarks about different bands that have played here in the past. “People are so disrespectful,” I whispered to myself.

I flushed the toilet after doing my business and walked up to a mirror to primp up a little. I took a comb out of my purse and went through my long hair quickly and ran out of the bathroom towards the stage as I heard a couple of guitar notes; the first band must be ready to start playing. I spotted Dylan in the small crowd and stood next to him. He looked at me and winked. “You look really nice tonight,” he whispered in my ear.

“Thanks…,” I replied to him him and turned my attention to the stage as apparently a singer walked up to the microphone.

“Okay so we’re the Feuding Angst and we’re going to rock your precious little ASSES off tonight!” The singer screams.

The guitarist started playing a riff, intensifying by the second. People started to move and make a little bit of room for a circle and a few stoned kids ran in, making laps around the pit. The singer starts singing, “Hey you. Remember all the times we shared? Remember how I held your heart in my bare fists and we sang along to all the songs on the radioooo” I nodded my head to the beat…they played a few more songs and then their set was over.

“They were pretty good,” I reflected.

Dylan nodded in agreement and handed me his glass of beer, “I saved a little bit for you.”
I smiled and drank the rest. “You shouldn’t have done that,” I giggled.

“Oh, but I did.”

“Can you get me more?” I asked Dylan, fluttering my eyelashes in a really stupid looking way.

He smiled, “Okay, come with me.”

I followed him to the bar area; hiding behind him as he pulled out his fake ID. I chuckled and Dylan asked the bartender, “Can I get two screwdrivers please?”

The bar tender threw them on to the counter, sliding down the bar ledge and I responded by taking a drink, “Thanks Dylan…I’m going to really regret this aren’t I?” I slightly slur.

“Regrets? You’re still regretting things?” he trailed off with his question, “Regrets just keep you back. Keep pushing forward, Ramona. You know how strong you are.” and walked back to the stage, not saying another word. He just left me with that to analyze. I felt my eyes watering up and looked up into the sky refusing to let myself get emotional; here of all places. I put myself back together and caught up with him and took a sip of my drink.
The next several bands played really well. Well, almost all of them anyways; the second to last one sucked terribly, but I guess I wasn’t really quite in the correct state to judge my surroundings. Especially after several drinks and everything suddenly became a blur.

“D-Dylan can we go?” I asked him.

He rolled his eyes, somewhat wasted as well, “Okay, Ramona…oh shoot we can’t drive.”

I put my drink down on the floor in a random spot, “Well then what are we going to do?”

“Uh….there’s always taxis,” Dylan suggested.

“I don’t have fucking money for a taxi,” I replied to him, somewhat offended; as well as the fact that I’m just drunk out of my head….

“Ugh, I’ll try driving,” He said and walked out the door.

I staggered after him as my footsteps became more and more unbalanced every other step. I couldn’t understand any of this tonight and what had come over me.

I walked quickly to the car, having no choice other than to think in my head “Right, left, right, right left….” I opened the door to Dylan’s truck; weakly hopping into the seat. Dylan started the engine and backed out of the space and out of the parking lot we went. My eyes kept lazily gazing towards the speedometer gradually going up….and then I remembered to always close my eyes in car rides like this. I closed my eyes lazily and felt the car getting faster.

“Fuck!” I heard Dylan scream.

It nearly gave me a heart attack, “What happened?” I asked. I saw blinking red and blue lights flashing straight ahead.

“Nothing, calm down….”

“I will NOT calm down. Ugh just pay attention to the road,” I said, rather annoyed. I rolled my eyes and put on my seat belt extra tight.

I glanced at the clock and it said that it was well after midnight. My vision started becoming hazy and I blacked out hopelessly.
♠ ♠ ♠
~My Chemical Romance song title was the inspiration for the chapter name. Tell me what you think by commenting and please subscribe :). Merry Christmas.