Sympathy for the Devil

Lucy

Lucifer always seemed like a spurned lover to me. A clever man, bit too big for his booits but then intelligence does that, I think. Makes you pretentious. It's the introspection and abstraction of the Big Picture. It makes you colder, older and bitter.

Maybe that's what happened to God. Because - from where I'm sitting as a justified sinner - God and Satan are pretty fucking similar. Maybe I've learnt too much about life and I've lost all differentiation between the motion, the act and the shadow between.

Angels are slaves - pretty, singing ones. I pity them. And Lucy, old Lucy, thought differently. I don't trust the idea that (s)he tried to get one over on God. But then again, I've seen it before - the creation destroying the creator.

Maybe they've made up and the whole thing is just drama, a fleeting moment in time. They've gotten over it but humanity (or the bit of humanity that still believes in fairy tales) still believes in that for whatever ends.

Morality is dark and gukkilio. I never saw no goddamn light at the end of the morality tunnel on that high ground. There is no light, that's a lie.

Life is darkness. Life is fucking gukkilio.

And maybe Lucy saw that and God thought otherwise.

Maybe Lucy hung herself.

God damn it.