Status: New Story :]

The Life of a Teenage Dancer

Feelings

The next day is normal, I show up on time to practice with Shane. He’s ready to jump right in and start throwing me in the air like a sack of potatoes but we need to have a little discussion first.

“Shane.” I say sitting down and I started stretching. “We need to talk…about the dance”

“Briana you promised!” he said misinterpreting what I was getting at.

“No that’s not it Shane…we need to talk about the lifts within the dance, where’s you head at?”

“I’m all for them, they bring risk and fun to the dance what about you.”

“Um the funny thing is, I have never danced a duet with a guy…” He looks at me for a moment and then bursts out laughing “Its not funny! Look I’m totally willing to try and do the lifts…I just need you to be gentle with me and…not drop me”

“Briana. Dancing pairs is dangerous, I can’t guarantee that your not going to get a few bruises, but I do promise you I will protect you to the best of my ability…does that sound good?” I took a deep breath and nodded…

“Fine”

“Great now lets get to work” He said picking me up and spinning me around. “First off I was thinking about the song we were going to do” he says smiling ‘and I think I have the perfect one”

“No, No and oh wait NO! We are not dancing to that song Shane!”

“Why what’s wrong with Shut up By: Simple Plan”

“Um besides the fact that it’ll get us kicked out of school.”

“They wont kick us out of school Bri, relax I have some ideas for the song that are really great, please just give it chance” I look at him and his stupid puppy dog pout and stupid puppy dog eyes. I can’t believe I’m going to say this.

“Fine. But if I get expelled you’re going to have a lot of explaining to do.” He nods and we get to work, and I have to say lifts are the most uncomfortable, painful things I have ever experienced in my life.

“Owww Shane put me down” I scream as he holds me up by my waist.

“Hold on Bri just listen to me and it wont hurt anymore…tighten your stomach muscles and bend your back” I do as he tells me to and what do you know…it still hurts.

“Shane its not working just put me down!” I beg and he sighs and starts to bring me down. This has been going on for hours me screaming in pain and Shane trying to get it to work. “I’m sorry” I say looking at him

“No…it takes some getting used to…one more try and we’ll call it a day?” He asks and I reluctantly nod. His hands grip my sides “1, 2, 3, 4,” He says picking me up. I try and relax and do everything Shane has told me to in the past couple of hours…and just like he said…it didn’t hurt anymore “How you doing up there” he says

“Pretty good actually” He holds me up for a couple of seconds before placing me on my feet.

“I told you, you could do it” He says holding his hand out for a high five. I smack my hand against him and smile

“Great way to end our first practice…same time next week?” He nods and is on his way. I look at the clock on the wall to see that its around 11:50 a.m. which means I have about 10 minutes before Cameron shows up to work on our scene so I turn on some music maybe try some things out for my solo. I turn on the radio and ‘I don’t wanna be’ By Gavin DeGraw comes on. I smile if only I had the balls to dance to this in the recital. I turn up the music and start to let the beat lead me where it wants to. I feel my body let go and I’m instinctively performing what feels right. I end the song by looking up at the mirror to see Cameron staring at me through it.

“Hey” I say looking at my watch “You’re 5 minutes early” I say trying to keep it cool after yesterday

“Yeah…is that your dance for the recital?”

“No, I was just goofing around. No big deal”

“You should do that song for your solo…you would kill it.”

“Thanks but no thanks…I think I’m going to stick to my true colors and do some ballet” Before he could say anything else “So you ready to work on our script?” He bites his lips like he wants to say something but refrains.

“Yeah…why don’t we just practice in here” he says sitting down on the ground and I sit across from him like our scene is supposed to start. I looked across to him not sure if we were starting or not he nodded and I took that as my cue

“It’s like dream” I say gazing around at the supposed birds that are supposed to be there. He looks at me and smiles like a man in love.

“Do you want to feed them?” I smiled and nod

“Yeah” he hands me the ‘bread’ and I pretend to throw it around for the birds “What are they doing here?” I ask astonished that the birds are still here this time of year. He shrugs. This whole scene was so intense.

“I don’t know” Everything is going fine…that is until we’re supposed to kiss. Now this is awkward. Cameron was just about to say his last line before the kiss he was standing so close to my face I could feel his breath on my lips. I can’t do this.

I take a step back from him my face turning red.

“What’s the problem?” he asks

“Um…” I searched my brain for something to say. Anything. “I don’t think we should do the kiss yet” I nod like it’s a perfectly reasonable thing to say. He looks at me oddly and then smiles.

“Are you afraid to kiss me Bri?” He asks I shake my head rapidly

“No! I just don’t think that we should yet, considering we just really became friends yesterday”

“Oh is that it?” I nod “You know eventually we will have to kiss, so we don’t fail.”

“I know…just not yet” I sighs

“All right then, lets go through the scene again…without the kiss” I smile and we continue.
----------------------------------------------------------

So that’s how the next two hours went we broke down certain parts of the scene and started working on them individually, and of course every time Cameron would try and convince me that we had to kiss. But every time I stood my ground. I mean maybe it wouldn’t be such a big deal, but this would be my first kiss, and I kind of want it to be special…cliché I know, but still. A girls allowed to dream.

After having enough practice for one day I tell Cameron that we should pick up here next Sunday same time.

“So, do you want to hang out a little?” He asks afterwards. I want to say yes but I can’t let myself. I make up some excuse about having to do homework and head back to my room. Dee is sitting on the couch watching TV I plop on the seat next to her.

“Hey girlie” She says smiling

“Hey” I say sighing. She smiles one of her knowing smiles.

“Is there something you want to talk about?” I want to tell her but I’m afraid she’ll tell Cameron…or even Alex.

“Dee if I tell you something do you promise not to tell anyone…and this includes Alex” I ask. She looks and me and turns the TV on mute

“Yeah…Briana you know you can tell me anything” I nod.

“You know how we have our scene for Acting” She smiles

“Yeah you have the Notebook with Cam”

“Exactly and there’s that kiss at the end”

“Did you guys kiss? Oh my god” she smiles

“No Dee we didn’t kiss.”

“Why? Didn’t you guys have practice?”

“Yeah…and we were about to…I just…” I took a deep breath and said everything really fast. “I’ve never been kissed before and I’m nervous to kiss him because I can almost guarantee that he’s kissed multiple girls.” She stares at me for a long moment.

“You’ve never kissed anyone before?” she finally asks and I sigh

“No. My entire life I’ve always been too busy and I haven’t had time for a boyfriend…and I don’t want to just kiss Cameron to get it over with. I want something special.” I say and she starts laughing. “Stop laughing at me Dee!” I say and she tries to stop but a few giggles keep escaping her lips “Its not funny!” I say and she nods and composes herself

“No I’m not laughing at you Bri. I’m laughing because you sound just how I did before I got my first kiss”

“Who was your first kiss?” I ask her

“Alex who do you think?” I nod and roll my eyes

“Well was it special?” I ask

“Yeah…it was perfect.” she smiles as if she’s remembering it “It was when we first started dating and he was just starting to learn that if he wants to be with me, he’s not going to be an asshole. I was yelling at him for something…I don’t even remember and I turn to walk away from him saying something along these lines ‘you’re the most frustrating jerk I have ever met in my life and if you’re going to act like this, this isn’t going to work. So you know what Alex, I’m-’ and then,…then he grabs my arm spins me around and presses his lips on mine gently. I’m so stunned I don’t know what to do. When he pulls away I have so many emotions running through my head, and he says ‘I have never met anyone in the world like you Daniela. You’re stubborn, hard-headed, and the most beautiful thing I have ever seen, and if I’m lucky enough to call you mine. I promise you with all of my being I will try and be the man that you want me to be”

I smile at her story. It sounds like Alex.

“You’re lucky that does sound perfect” She smiles a mischievous smile at me.

“You know…my brother really likes you Briana…and I don’t want to him get hurt.” I nod.

“I know…and if you promise not to tell him. I really like him too.”

“Briana please tell me what’s the problem then?”

“Since we’re being honest and I’m trusting you, I’m scared okay. I’ve never felt about anyone the way I feel about Cameron…and I’m terrified.” I sigh. Wow. It feels good to finally admit my feelings.

“Briana…I know Cameron, and I would like to believe I know you, and if you feel this strongly about Cameron…give him a chance. I can vouch for him on this and say that he will never intentionally hurt you.” I take all of this information in.

“Maybe someday I’ll tell him. But for now…I need you to keep my secret.”

“But-”

“No buts Dee. I can’t tell him now I have too much to worry about.”

“Briana its not healthy to keep your feelings inside”

“I know…but I just can’t. Are you going to keep your promise?” I ask hopeful. She looks distraught and like she’s having an argument within herself.

“I promise. What are friends for?” She asks smiling.

“Thank you Dee.” I say laying back on the couch.

“So…you want to pig out and watch movies tonight because we don’t have school tomorrow. Ugh I love holidays”

“Sounds perfect”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay 10 chapters :]! Please comment and tell me what you think :]