Status: New Story :]

The Life of a Teenage Dancer

Empty.

After changing into my bathing suit I walk out to find Cameron standing there with a smile on his face. I could tell he wanted to say something about how Dee’s bathing suit just so happened to be extremely tiny and revealing.

“What?” I ask annoyed

“Nothing…I’m just going to have to thank my sister later.” I glared and him and went to walk in the other direction.

“Briana wait! I’m just kidding, friends kid right?”

“Whatever lets go” I say taking the board from him and headed towards the water…
-----------------------------------------------

After falling of the board for the millionth time I was done. I could honestly say I. Hate. Surfing. Its stupid and pointless and I cant do it…no matter how many times I try me standing up on that board was not going to happen.

“Briana hold up” Cameron says chasing me out of the water

“No. I’m done surfing, if you can’t tell I kind of suck at it”

“So your giving up?” he said

“Yeah…what’s your point”

“You just don’t seem like the type of person who gives up” and he was right. It takes a lot for me to give up I shook my head.

“Don’t judge me Cameron”

“I’m not…I’m just stating my opinion.”

“Cameron we’ve been out here for two hours and I’ve swallowed so much seawater I feel like I’m going to taste like salt for the rest of my life”

“C’mon” he says taking my hand again. I sighed but picked up the board. “You don’t need that” He says grabbing his own board and pulling me out with him. He helps me get on top of his board and he straddles it behind me. “Now you’re going to do everything I taught you…paddle out and stand up, the only difference is I’ll be here to help you this time.” I try and get off the board, this cannot be safe.

“Cameron are you sure about this…”

“Yes, I’ve done it a million times with my friends.” He holds me tight and we start to paddle out. My whole body tenses and he sensed it.

“Briana listen to me I am right here and I’m not going to let anything happen to you okay…do you trust me?”…this is the moment. I thought to myself I can either trust him and do this. Or I can let dear hold me back again…I made my decision.

“I trust you.” he smiled and we paddled out to what was going to be the first of many experiences.
----------------------------------------------------------

I think the moment I trusted Cameron was the moment I started to actually have good time. I wasn’t acting all weird around him and from what I have discovered, he really is a sweet, respectable guy. On that surfboard…I don’t know I felt like I could do anything if I wanted to. It was like because he was there holding me up to make sure I was alright I felt security and in all honesty it was one of best moments I’ve had in a while. It was getting dark now. We’ve been at the beach for like 6 hours and we’re still not sick of each other.

“You ready to get back to school?” He asks. we’re sitting on the beach now staring at the sun setting. It was beautiful, peaceful.

“Is it wrong if I want to stay here forever?” I ask

“I know being here is such a stress reliever.” I nod

“being here…I feel like life can wait and everything is just simple…for once”

“haven’t you ever heard…simple is boring” he stands up and takes my hand. “Lets head home the others are probably starting to wonder where we are”

“The others…you mean the ones that kidnapped me so you could hang out with me” I teased, he laughed

“It worked didn’t it”

“That it did” I said and he led me to his car.

Once we got into the car I didn’t realize how tired I was, I could barely keep my eyes open. I could feel my eyes closing but I didn’t want to leave Cameron awake alone.

“You can sleep if you want, you’ve had a long day you must be tired”

“I’m fine” I shake my head, but I cant suppress the yawn that escapes my lips. “Fine, I’ll sleep, wake me up when we get there” then I drift off into a wonderful dreamless slumber.
----------------------------------------------------

When I wake up I don’t recognize where I am. The last thing I remember was falling asleep in Cameron’s car, but I can confidently say that I am not in Cameron’s car right now. What I do know is that I’m still exhausted and just want to go back to sleep. I try and get up from where I’m at but I can’t move. But I do feel like I’m bouncing. Its actually kind of weird. I start squirming but a voice stops me.

“Relax Briana, go back to sleep.”

“No” I murmured, “I’ll walk” I tried to get on my feet but it didn’t work. Now usually I would just fight him until he put me down but at this moment I was too tired and too comfortable to move. So I didn’t fight him, but I sure as hell wasn’t going back to sleep…I could pretend though. We eventually got to mine and Dee’s room and he knocked on the door. I heard Dee answer

“What did you do to her Cam” I hear Dee say and I almost smile but I refrain.

“Nothing” He laughs, “She’s just tired she had a long day of you kidnapping her.”

“What else could I do Cam, she’s so…I don’t know resistant to everything” I sighed, is this how she really saw me.

“She’s not resistant Dee, she’s misunderstood…don’t you agree Alex” Alex? Alex was in the room…this could get very bad, very fast.

“She’s different” Alex concludes after a minute.

“What do you mean?” Dee asks

“Its not for me to tell…she’ll fill you in when she’s ready” Alex says and I instantly regret snapping at him after I talked to him. The room was silent for a moment. I could feel their eyes on me though.

“You really like her man?” I hear Alex

“Yeah…but she just wants to be friends…so we’ll be friends, and maybe, hopefully someday she’ll let me in”

“Dude, you are in way over your head” I hear Dee say and Cameron laughs

“Trust me I know that. But Dee what you have to understand is, she is not like other girls…she’s beautiful, frustrating, intriguing, complicated…but I can’t get him off my mind, and quite frankly I don’t want to, now if you’ll excuse me I’m going to put this beautiful girl to sleep because she is exhausted and so am I and she needs to be in her bed” Cameron then walks in the direction of my room and opens the door. He sets me on my bed but surprisingly doesn’t leave. I lay on my bed and he sits there silently and I don’t know for sure but I have a good feeling he’s staring at me right now. I lay there not moving and I sense his face moving closer to mine. His breath is on my face and he leans in closer, and I am so sure he is going to kiss me. But instead he whispers

“Goodnight Briana, hopefully one day you’ll have the same feelings for me.” He leans in and kisses my forehead softly…sweetly. I want to smiled and pull him into me screaming that I feel the same way about him…but I don’t. He keeps his lips to my forehead for a moment before pulling away and standing up to leave my room. He walks out of the room shutting the lights off before he does…and now that he’s gone part of me feels empty and I all I want is to chase after him and have me hold me and tell me everything is going to be alright…even when its not.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment and subscribe :)