Veins of Glass.

Daddy.

"Mommy, Uncle Zacky said Daddy's in the hospital," the guys all knew how abusive Alex was behind closed doors, and Zack was waiting in his car for the right moment to just walk in and save his little sister or "hermanita" as he'd learned to call her. "Yeah baby, Daddy's in the hospital, we'll go with Uncle Zacky to see him okay," Alex lowered his still clenched fist and held his other out to Nevaeh but she refused and ran to her room.

"Why don't you and Nevaeh come stay with Megan and I for a few days it'd be good for the two of you," glaring at Alex, Zack walked up to help Nevaeh pack a few things. "That assfuck is going down once I get my family back, has he hit her before?" Rage in his eyes Matt turned to Jimmy who with sadness in his eyes nodded. "Quite a few times Shads, but she fights him back making it worse." Running up to the bedrooms Matt threw his arms around his daughter who smiled slightly as if she knew he was there.

"Alright, we have to get to the hospital, everyone will be there," reluctantly letting go of his daughter, the brother were now at the hospital looking over Matt's pale almost gray body, a breathing tube down his throat, heart monitor showing a slow beat and low vitals.

"This is the last time I let my family see me like this, when do I go back in my body and make it right?" Tracing his 'Leana' tattoo, Jimmy blinked up at Matt, "After you hear what they all have to say then we get you better, Avenged comes back, and your gorgeous family is yours again." With a smile, Matt nodded and sat waiting for everyone to arrive.

A few minutes later, he saw Genesis, Nevaeh, and Zack make their way into the room, his daughter ran over to the bedside looking at his somewhat lifeless body. "Daddy, please wake up I know I don't know you that well but, I would like to and I miss you just like Mommy does."

Biting his lip, Matt looked over at her as she sat on Genesis' lap. Zack came to the bed next, "C'mon Shads, you have to wake up, we can get everything back together and have fun like we used too, you have a beautiful daughter who deserves a father." Wiping his eyes Matt, took a deep breath seeing Brian, Beth, Johnny, Shelby, and Megan walk in.

Brian hugged and kissed Genesis and Nevaeh, then it was his turn; "Matt.. oh my god, please wake up if not for any of us for that little girl over there, she needs you as we all do but growing up with 3 Uncles does not substitute a father. Genesis needs you too, hell I need you."

Johnny stood behind Brian then made his way to the side, "Hey man.. it's been a while.. I just.." Johnny did what the other two men wanted so badly to do, he broke down and couldn't finish what he wanted to say.

Finally, Genesis got up and walked over to the bed, she took Matt's cold hand in her warm one and kissed it. "Hey baby.. it's me Genesis, I know things between us aren't as perfect as they used to be but, when not if when you wake up I'm going to get you back to the Matt you were, and we'll be a family again." With a heavy stream of tears falling down her cheeks, Genesis leaned over and placed a gentle kiss to Matt's chapped lips.

"Can I go.." Seeing Jimmy begin to fade Matt knew it was time he did this on his own, making sure to hug his best friend, Matt began to bawl again not knowing if he would be able to talk to his best friend ever again.

As Matt slowly returned to his body he heard Jimmy whisper in his ear; "I hope it's worth it, what's left behind me, I know you'll find your own way when I'm not with you tonight."
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah, I bawled my eyes out writing this one.
<3GG