Long Live

2

The next day, Vanessa called a plumber for the upstairs bathroom. Shiloh laid on her bed as her aunt came in. “They said they would be here shortly. I have never known a plumber to come directly after you call. Usually you have to wait for them to finish their other jobs.”

Shiloh smiled. “Awesome. I would really like to have my bathroom back.”

“What? Mine isn’t good enough?”

Shiloh laughed. “No your’s is great! I just like having my own.”

“So last night…”

Shiloh sighed. “I don’t know what that was. All of a sudden I just felt…sick. I have never felt like that during a Dracula movie before.”

Vanessa didn’t say anything. She knew all too well why Shiloh was feeling this way.
But she also knew that unless there was an emergency, she could not tell her. Suddenly the doorbell rang and Vanessa stood.

“That must be the plumber.” She said as she walked out of the room. “They got here really fast.”

She opened the door and the younger man smiled at her. “Are you Vanessa Shafer?”

Vanessa nodded. “Yes I am. Thank you for coming so fast.”

He nodded. “Of course. You called at a good time. Now which bathroom are you having a problem with?”

Vanessa smiled at him. “Upstairs. Please follow me.” She walked him up the stairs, and as she passed Shiloh’s room the man smiled at her. “This is my niece.”

Shiloh gave a short wave and picked up a magazine. Vanessa and the man kept walking and finally found the bathroom. “Here it is. I cannot seem to figure out what is wrong.”

The man nodded. “Well don’t you worry. I will deal with it.”

Vanessa smiled and left the man to do his job. She walked back to Shiloh’s room. “Well hopefully your bathroom will be fixed soon.”

Shiloh shrugged. “That guy is creepy.”

Two hours later, the man was still working on her bathroom. However having not known how to turn off the water and not having the correct tools, it was apparent that he did not know what he was doing.

Shiloh was strumming her guitar when Vanessa came into her room. “Pack a bag. Quickly.”

Shiloh was shocked and confused. “What? Why?”

“Just do it.”

Not asking anymore questions, she quickly took the clothes Vanessa was throwing her and shoved them into her empty backpack. Then she hurriedly packed her guitar.

Vanessa quickly ushered her down the stairs and out into the garage. She started the car and sped off, quickly driving and farther and farther from their house.

“Aunt Vanessa! What is going on?” Shiloh shouted, extremely confused at this point.

“That man was not a plumber. He definitely had no clue what he was doing. I cannot explain right now what is happening but you have to go to people who can help you.”

They pulled into the parking lot of the airport and Vanessa pulled her inside. She quickly bought her a ticket and dragged her to the gate.

“Aunt Vanessa…”

Vanessa looked at the confused teenager. “Baby I love you so much. But I have to keep you safe. You will understand everything soon.” She went into her purse and pulled out a few things. “Your ticket is going to get you into Seattle. When you get there, take a cab to Forks. Here is a bunch of cash and pay whatever you need.” She handed her a picture with an address on the back. “Go to this address. These people will help you. The Cullens…they are good people.” Then she handed her a gold locket. “This was given to you at your birth. Hopefully it will help you understand.”

Shiloh looked confused. “Are you coming with me?”

Vanessa gave her a sad smile. “No hon. I have to stay here. But I will be fine. Now please…go. And don’t let fear rule you. I love you.”

Shiloh looked at her for a moment before being pulled into a hug. Then Vanessa pushed her towards her gate and she was soon on the plane, ready to take off.

As the plane sped off the ground, Vanessa watched and silently prayed that everything went well. She knew this was the beginning of a very bad occurrence.

On the plane, Shiloh looked out at the blue sky and wondered what was happening. She settled back in her seat and sighed. Only time would tell.