Stumbling Fast.

Tres.

“Don’t touch my stuff.” Alaina snapped as we unloaded our individual items out of their bags, hers into her dresser, and mine into a mess on the floor on the opposite side of the room, as far away from hers as possible.

“I wasn’t planning on it.” I sighed, sick of the bickering.

“You know the Fuentes are having an after-the-party party.” She looked up at me with raised eyebrows. “Are you going to come?”

“What do you think?” I replied dejectedly. “You wouldn’t want me there anyways.” I muttered the last half, and she laughed.

“I’m going to be pretty busy on my own; I could care less what the hell you do.”

“Good to know.” I unpacked the last of my shirts, folding them on top of a pile of dresses that would surely tip over at any moment, knowing full well I should have just left it all in the bag.

“Look, I’m just trying to help.” I cocked an eyebrow at her sincerity until she continued with a sigh. “Tony told me to ask you.” She admitted.

“How did I know that?”

“After earlier, he felt bad and kept bringing it up that maybe you should come out with us tonight; I guess the guys miss you a lot more than you thought they did.”

I rolled my eyes up into my head at her bitter tone. Because it wasn’t enough that half of San Diego missed her, she had to be the object of everyone’s misery. “Going across the street is your idea of going out?”

“See, this is why no one acts like you exist anymore.” She glared at me. “Because when someone tries, you just treat them like shit.”

“If I think about it will you shut the fuck up?” I snapped, hearing Dave yell “Girls!” From the living room, as if that was really going to stop us. Alaina shook her head, pulling a lacy number out of the closet that she’d just hung up, making me question how much she really had changed.

“I call the shower.” She grinned mischievously, darting out of the room before I could even think to try to lay claim.

I sighed, glancing over as Diablo entered the room, tail going a hundred miles an hour at the sight of me as he padded over.

“What’re we going to do, boy?” He tipped his head to the side, as if he could understand me. Without another word being spoken, he nudged at my hand with his head, trying to get me to give him attention. “I guess it wouldn’t hurt to see Mikey, would it?” I bit my bottom lip in scrutiny before getting up off the floor, fighting the exhausted mode my whole body seemed to be in.

I dug my curling iron and straightener out of my bag, knowing I’d have to use both just to be able to get my curls to cooperate, before I mulled over outfit choices for the evening. Since it was at their parents it meant other elders would be there, my own parents, even if just Dave, would show up, which meant I couldn’t go baring it all.

I decided on a black polka dot dress, long sleeve to cover up at least enough of the work that covered my arms, with tights and boots to cover up anything I’d forgotten about and ward against the chilly nighttime December air that only seemed manageable when the sun was out during the day.

Alaina had yet to reappear, marking that the bathroom still had to be well over occupied, meaning I’d just have to do without unless I wanted to go to jail for taking her down in a fight.

I made sure I was completely ready before I took a deep breath, taking careful steps down the hallway and tapping my knuckles against the bathroom door. It immediately ripped open to reveal a very done up Alaina, still fussing with her appearance.

“How do I look?” She made a squeamish face. “You can be brutally honest.”

“You look gorgeous.” I rolled my eyes. “What time does the party start?”

“A half hour ago.” She smirked, coating her lips in red lipstick identical to the color I was wearing before dropping it back in her makeup bag.

I shook my head at her as she pulled on her cardigan, tugging down the hem of her dress that already hung low enough to cover everything.

In flats, she raced across the street, leaving me behind as cars also came racing past, making me wait on my side of the street for at least a full five minutes before I could cross.

I muttered to myself about whiskey as I opened the fence to the backyard, immediately finding myself immersed in what seemed like a totally different world, lights strung up and music playing at a level comfortable enough you could dance to it as well as you could talk over it without screaming.

My mother sat on the patio with the Fuentes and Dave, bundled up like she was in the middle of a snow storm. She caught sight of me and a small worn smile made its way to her face before she turned to address Mr. Fuentes.

“Is that who I think it is?” I heard someone say excitedly, and just as I moved to look up I was engulfed in a hug by a tall, lanky figure. The voice finally connected with a face as Mike pulled me out away from him, giving me a good once over. “Damn, someone grew up.” My face burned with the scrutiny.

“Looks like I’m not the only one.” I laughed as he spun me around.

“I made sure I hid a bottle of Jack.” He spoke lowly, before smirking, wiggling his eyebrows.

“And that is why you’re my best friend.” I glanced around at the crowded yard, trying to mentally prepare myself.

“Even after four years?” Mike tipped his head to the side, a curious expression playing out. I guess I deserved that one.

“Yes, even after four years.” I bit my lip, having to tip my head up to see his face.

“Okay, okay, I won’t give you shit. You been good? Using protection?” I shoved at his chest.

“Of all the things to fucking ask.”

“Well it’s important!” He chuckled as I shook my head. “No boyfriend still?”

“I don’t do boyfriends.” I smirked, feeling in my element for the first time since I’d gotten home. “Alaina isn’t too glad to see me.” I spotted her in Tony’s lap, telling stories I was sure I would have loved to hear about the college I never decided to go to.

“She’ll get over it.” He nudged me. “She always did before.” I nodded slowly, noticing Gabi in the corner, sucking down something out of a SOLO cup and eyeing Mike strangely. My feet moved out from under me, and before I knew it I was in front of her, taking it out of her hands.

“What is this?”

“Punch.” She was slightly unsteady on her feet already. “H-Hey Mike.” She slurred, trying to puff up her hair more with her fingers, and tugged the strapless top she was wearing up higher. He nodded her way, slipping the cup out of my hands and sniffing it.

“That is definitely not punch.” He murmured. “Thank you.” He smirked, before taking a sip of it.

“Why don’t you go check on Ma?”

“She’s fine.” Gabi rolled her eyes at me before she was pulled back into her group and I followed Mike back farther, away from the teeny boppers and towards where the guys were hanging around.

I spotted Vic before Mike did; trying to shove Mike in the way of where I was so I wasn’t seen as Vic stepped by Alaina.

“What the fuck?” Mike almost spilled his drink on himself before whipping around, looking at his brother who was merely feet away as I tried to hide myself behind his large figure. “Look, just-” Mike paused, rethinking what he was about to say. “No, you know what; I’m not being the nice guy this time.” He held up his hands. “Who left again, Adriana?” He raised his eyebrows at me, and I stared down the grass beneath my boots, I guess I deserved that too.

“I did.” I muttered, glancing back at the group as we neared them, still trying to force Mike in front of me until he knocked into some party go-er, most likely a relative that I’d never met before, causing the guy to spill his drink and swear colorfully, bringing everyone’s attention to the two of us.

Unluckily, Vic decided to whip around after Mike had already moved away from me, apologizing to the guy. Four years of nightmares and preparation couldn’t even compare to the feeling when his dark eyes burned through mine, so much being said silently, but all not nearly enough.

As his eyes dropped to the ground, I slid the newest cup out of Mike’s hands, downing it. “Where’d you say you hid the Jack again?” I asked, a large smirk spreading out over his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Last week was way too long.
So I decided you guys deserved an update.(:
I really doubt any of you who read this read my John story, or were reading my Austin Gibbs one, but just in case.
I took down Gibbs, I just don't have it in me to write it right now, John and Austin's were simple stories, and now I want harder topics to write about and darker issues.
I'm still writing John, and that'll probably be updated within the next two days or so.
Additionally, I still have Gibbs saved and everything, so if the chance arises that I decide to put it back out there, I will definitely do so.

Anyways, back to Victor.
I know they're kind of old to be partying with their parents, but I mean, people have family parties like that sometimes, si? No? Fuck it, it's my story you have no say.
I've realized my chapters are so much shorter than what I used to write, which would be like eight pages, so I'm going to try harder on making them a bit longer.

Predictions? Critiscm? Think you have Adriana figured out yet?
Vic is in the picture now, so things are going to start getting interesting.
Be sure to let me know. I love hearing from you guys(:

So much love for:
rosepreciado.
zillyboo
mechanical bride.

y
little bear
(Love your icon by the way, my other story has Ash Stymest in it, damn sex god he is.)

Party