Stumbling Fast.

Quatro.

I rubbed my face, opening my eyes to too bright of a room before quickly shutting them again, letting out a small groan.

An arm tightened around my waist, and I barely turned my head before coming blatantly nose to nose with the youngest of the Fuentes brothers, Mike’s shirtless form wrapped around mine.

I took a deep breath, not sure if I wanted to know the answer, and crossed my fingers looking down. I was still fully dressed, boots even still tied to my feet, and I let go a sigh of relief. Mike started to stir, and I thought out an escape plan, taking in the room I was in.

The upstairs game room, or what had been the game room before the guys emptied it out, now it was their parents to do whatever with, seemingly it had became Mr. Fuentes’ office.

I slowly slid out of Mike’s embrace, my head throbbing at the thought of moving alone, it was raging as I got up off the floor, straightening out my dress that had ridden up in my sleep.

I tiptoed my way through the hall to the stairs, holding my head and attempting to comb my fingers through my hair, now matted and curled, which made it nearly impossible to.

I stumbled down the steps, clutching the side rail for dear life, knowing I'd crumple into a ball on the floor without it.

The night before was slowly starting to come back to me, flashes of rhythmic music, whiskey, and Mike's body moving against my own to the beat.

As I hopped off the last step, the strong aroma of coffee hit my nostrils.

"Thank fuckin' god." I grumbled, making my way towards the kitchen.

"Have fun last night?" I jumped, the hair on the back of my neck and forearms standing straight up at the unpredicted intrusion. Vic's voice was low, but just the sickly sweet sound of it made me nauseous, the first time I'd heard it in what seemed like so long. He held a coffee cup in his hands, pushing it back and forth on top of the ancient cherry wood table.

"I-I guess you could c-call it that." I stuttered, staring down the floor as a chill ran through me, causing me to rub my arm that I'd crossed over my chest for warmth.

Footsteps padded out behind me, and I turned just as a still shirtless Mike appeared, worsening the skeptical look on Vic’s face. As if it wasn’t enough, he not only murmured a half asleep ‘morning’, but paused to place a chaste kiss against my cheek. I fidgeted, curling my toes into the bottoms of my boots and raising a hand to my mouth self consciously, Vic’s narrowed eyes staring me down.

“I see you haven’t changed.” Vic spoke calmly, lifting his coffee cup up to take a sip as Mike clambered around in the kitchen, my feet still glued to the spot from when I’d first noticed Vic.

“W-We…W-W-We.” I paused, taking a small breath to slow my words, hoping it’d help. “We didn’t do anything last night.”

“Right, because we never did anything either, right?” He winked, coffee cup still in midair, and I stared incredulously at him.

“Bro, honestly.” Mike leaned against the entry to the kitchen, arms folded against his chest. “I think I’d be bragging if I got some.”

“That’s true.” I gestured at Mike, instantly wishing I hadn’t agreed as Vic kicked his chair back, the wooden legs screeching against the floor, and set his cup on the counter.

“I’m going to the apartment to get ready.” He pulled out the keys to his scooter, pointing them in Mike’s direction. “You need to be at the studio by noon.” Vic walked past me quickly, a rush of his scent making me dizzy. When he reached the front door he stopped, nodding his head towards me. “It was nice uh, nice seeing you, Ri.” With that he pushed it open before I could respond, and was what I was sure was well out of reach by the time I’d even processed him leaving.

“Don’t let him get to you.” Mike shook his head, rolling his eyes as he sat down.

“Saying that is almost an invitation for me to let him.” I tried to make a joke, but Mike merely shrugged. “I think I should probably head on home. ..” I trailed off, knocking the heels of my boots together. He stood up to his full height, towering over me with arms open, and I latched my own around his waist, allowing him to rock me back and forth.

“Hey, I better see your ass more often, okay?” He let go of me, a tattooed finger pointed at my face. “No being a stranger.”

“Alright, alright.” I laughed. “Have fun today, Mikey.”

“Yeah, fun.” He scoffed as I let myself out, shutting the door gently behind me, and set off across the street.

Stepping into my house, it was almost as if no one even lived in it anymore, considering the entire front rooms were silent. I furrowed my brow, before realization struck that Gabi was on her last week before break. The idea of school with a hangover brought back multiple memories of my own senior year, and high school experience, a blur similar to the night before, but all with quite a different ending. No chance she’d miss, knowing it would affect her perfect attendance and chance to get into a more prestigious school than Alaina.

Diablo danced around my feet as I kicked off my boots, and I let him out, steadying myself against the back door frame as exhaustion over came most of me. Diablo came racing back in the door when I opened it, clutching my aching head once more, and followed me as I stumbled towards the bedroom I was forced to share.

As my hand turned the doorknob I could hear murmuring coming from inside, opening the door and leaning against the frame with an amused look on my face as Alaina and Tony were both redressing as quickly as possible and she attempted to open the window for him that was far too tall for either of us to reach. Unaware of their audience until I finally stifled a laugh and Alaina’s head whipped in my direction, eyes narrowing.

“Well thank fuck it’s just you, come help me.” Tony was still in the process of fixing his pants, and I sighed, striding over with exaggerated steps. “Any day now.” She scolded, hands resting on her hips.

“Patience, my dear.” I smirked, jumping up and slamming my hand against it, causing it to fly open.

“Que fue eso?” I heard my mother shriek, and Alaina and I exchanged terrified looks as she rushed Tony out the window.

“Nothing ma.” She was rattling off in Spanish as Alaina and Tony were in a tight lip lock. “Will you two hurry the fuck up before she comes in here?” I snapped in a hushed tone and Alaina threw me another glare before Tony was gone and she raced down the hall, muttering to our mother that I was just a clumsy fuck, as if I couldn’t translate for myself.

Realizing the bed was no longer a safe option and my mother would kill me if I slept on the couch, since you couldn’t sit any other way on it other than as if you had a stick up your ass. I grabbed a pair of sleep shorts and a tank top, changing in the bathroom already half asleep before grabbing extra blankets from the linen closet and crashing the minute I was in a ball under them on the den floor. Diablo came in, tiny feet digging nails deep into the wooden floor for traction as he raced over, sounding like nails on a chalkboard, nudging me before simply curling up as tiny as possible against my chest.

“Adriana?” I heard a small voice and opened one eye, slightly pissed for the constant disturbances.

“Can I help you?” I glared up at Alaina, and Diablo let out a low growl, still in the confines of sleep.

“I just…I wanted to thank you.” She tottered on her feet, clothing and hair still astray. “You didn’t have to help; you could have let me get caught.” She bit her lip, and I placed a hand on Diablo’s head to stop him from the threatening noises he was making.

“Well, you’re welcome.” I mumbled, rubbing my face to try to force myself to stay conscious.

“It’s crazy how ma still has those rules, I mean, we turned twenty-two last month so.” She sat down; toying with the feathered ends to one of the throws I had on top of me.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, I’m five.” I let out a drowsy laugh.

“Oh right, I forgot, you count down.” She laughed as well.

“Al?”

“Hm?” She gave me a curious look, brows furrowed.

“Go take a shower, you fucking reek and I don’t enjoy the smell of Tony’s baby batter.” I buried my face in my pillow, letting out a disgusted groan, tired snickers falling from my lips.

“Really? Because I was about to start bottling it and selling it.” I could hear the smirk in her voice.

“You’re disgusting.” I muttered, causing her to laugh some more as she got up.

“Oh yeah, and Ri?”

“Hmmm?” I lifted my head, eyes half closed.

“Don’t think this means I’m not going to stop being a bitch. We share a face after all.”

“I didn’t expect any different.” She nodded, the floor creaking as she left, and I snuggled back into my blankets and Diablo, letting exhaustion overcome me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another pre-written chapter.
There's only one left, I believe, and then it's all currently-written things.
So it should be spicy, and that is when the chapters start becoming much longer, it was just getting this out of the way.

Everyone was freaking out because I guess Vic made a point that him and Mike aren't the only Fuentes.
I knew there was another brother, but I guess he has a sister too or something.
I know nothing about them so let's just pretend they don't exist, I don't need to make things anymore complicated than they already are here.

For the love of Vic's awkward chest hair, I love all of you, I really wasn't expecting more readers and everything, and I don't think you guys know just how appreciative I am of all of you.
make me a rival
rosepreciado.
victorvincentfuentes
zillyboo
mechanical bride.

y
little bear

I really do apologies for the slow pace and lack of lengthy chapters so far.
But trust me I'm just building it all up, it's going to get interesting very soon.
Please share your thoughts.(: