Status: COMPLETED.

Leave the Pieces

"Damn, Take A Joke."

HAYLEY

Hayley sat in the waiting room, looking down at her bloody hands. The events kept playing over and over in her head and she wished it would stop. She needed it to stop. "Do you think she'll be okay?" She asked Sam. He looked down at her from his position on the seat next to her and smiled slightly.

"It's Dylan. She'll pull through this." Hayley nodded, slightly comforted by his words. Dylan was a fighter. She'd be okay.

"I can't even imagine what Paul is going though right now," she whispered. Sam's jaw set, and anger blazed in his eyes.

"He needs to get his anger in check." Hayley nodded slowly, not trusting her voice. She didn't even know why he was so mad. She and Dylan were just goofing off.

"I'm gonna go clean up," she murmured. Sam nodded, and Hayley walked to the bathroom. She washed her hands and then looked at her reflection. She had smeared blood on her face from where she wiped away some tears. She quickly scrubbed the blood away, and then smelled the air, noticing the sweet scent of a vampire.

She quickly rushed out of the bathroom and into the arms of Esme. "I'm so sorry," she cried. Esme patted her hair down, trying to calm her down.

"It wasn't your fault," Esme whispered. Hayley looked up into her eyes, and knew that if Esme could cry, she would. She looked at the Cullens and Hales.

Emmett looked torn between screaming out in anger and screaming out in pain.

Rosalie just looked plain pissed.

Jasper looked like he was gonna have a conniption with the smell of blood in the air.

Alice looked like she was trying to get a clear view of the future, but wasn't succeeding.

Edward was standing by Bella, who was sitting down with a tear stained face.

Hayley looked around again. Carlisle, Jessa, and Ella were missing. She shot Edward a confused glance. "Carlisle's trying to help the surgeons." Edward said. Hayley gasped.

"Surgeons?! It's that bad?" She asked. Edward nodded.

"She's going into surgery right now." Hayley felt her heart beat speed up.

"What about Jessa and Ella?" She asked. Edward sighed loudly, telling Hayley she wasn't going to be happy with the answers.

"Jessa disappeared. Ella told her what happened, and she vanished. Ella is at the house waiting to see if Jessa will come back, " Edward explained. Hayley felt a slight pang of guilt. She couldn't even imagine what Jessa was going though. Yes, she loved Dylan like a sister, and there was no denying that bond that the two shared, but Jessa's blood actually runs through Dylan's veins.

*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

They sat there for about three hours, wondering what was going on, and hoping that she would make it through. Carlisle came out into the waiting room, his outfit smeared with the blood, and smiled a relieved smile at them. Hayley's took a deep breath, the first real breath she'd taken in hours and smiled over at Esme. "She's going to be okay." The relief and happiness that spread throughout the room was indescribable. Hayley wrapped Esme up in a hug, knowing she needed it. Esme's cold arms wrapped around her.

"I'm so thankful she's alright," Hayley breathed.

"Me too," Esme whispered back. "Me too." Hayley felt a hand on her arm, and looked into Bella's blood shot brown eyes. Bella lightly jerked her head towards the bathroom. Hayley nodded, and the two walked into the bathroom. Bella leaned against one of the stalls while Hayley sat down on the counter.

"What exactly happened? Edward wont tell me anything," Bella asked. Hayley sighed.

"Dylan and I were messing around, and being really loud. It got Paul upset because he thought we were hurt. We ignored him, and I guess it pushed him over the edge. He picked her up, and took her outside. I don't think he meant to, but he tossed her at a tree a lot harder than he should've. He started screaming at her, and you could see the shock and fear on her face. He grabbed her by the arms and lifted her up and started shaking her. She tried to apologize, but it was too late," Hayley sighed, not really wanting to talk about the next part. "Paul started shaking and phased. The sound of her skin ripping from his claws, and the screams tearing out of her throat," she flinched slightly at the memory, "Paul ran off after realizing what he did, and Dylan was just..lying there. She wasn't moving, and I wasn't even sure she was breathing at first.

"I walked over to her, and about a minute later she woke up. She just stared up at me, and then got worried cause she thought the blood was mine. I told her she needed to stay awake, and I even had to slap her a few times to keep her awake. When she finally noticed that it was her, she started freaking. We even started yelling at each other," Hayley chucked lightly. "I remember I yelled at her, and she's like, 'Don't yell at me, I'm injured!' I would've cracked up if the situation would've been different, but yeah. That's it."

Bella's face was slightly paler, and she nodded. "Thank you. So what's the story? I doubt you told the doctors that she was attacked by her werewolf boyfriend?" Bella asked. Hayley snorted.

"That's exactly what we said. Sam and I actually have to stay for a week in the Insane Asylum," she joked. Bella gave her a look, and Hayley rolled her baby blues. "Damn, take a joke, God knows we need something to laugh at right now. We told them it was a bear attack." Bella nodded, and the two of them walked out of the bathroom. Carlisle was holding a clip board.

"Hayley, I put you as one of her next of kin, so they think you're one of her sisters. I assume you want to stay the entire night?" Hayley nodded.

"I promised her my beautiful face would be the first face she will see when she wake up," she stared proudly. Carlisle smiled.

"Alright, I'll move her to a bigger room so we can fit a cot in there for you." With that he swiftly walked away.

*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

Hayley was grasping Dylan's hand lightly with her own. She was seated in a chair with her arms resting on Dylan's bed. She yawned. "Take a nap, sweetheart."

"Jesus Christ!" Hayley swore, grasping her chest, and turning around sharply. "Jesus, Esme. You scared the crap out of me. Make some noise next time," Hayley laughed slightly. Esme smiled.

"I'm sorry, Hayley. You should take a nap. You've had a rough day," she said in her sweet as honey motherly voice. Hayley nodded, and laid her head down on the bed, and feel asleep quickly.

DYLAN

Beep. Beep.

I could hear the obnoxious beeping of my alarm clock. 'God, that thing wakes me up at the most annoying times.' I tried to lift my arms, but couldn't. If felt like my muscles were jello. I tried to open my mouth, but my jaw was locked. What the fuck?

Beep. Beep.

'There it goes again. Wait a mother fucking second. I broke that alarm clock!' I knew I recognized the beeping, but just couldn't place it. I felt weight on my stomach, and was finally able to open my eyes. I shut them quickly and groaned loudly when a bright light blinded me. The weight was immediately removed, and I heard a couple loud bangs and a voice saying, 'mother fucker!" I knew that voice anywhere.

Hayley.

"Dylan...Dyls, you awake?" I heard her whisper. I decided to amuse the both of us.

"I'm not sure. Is there a banana playing the banjo next to you?"

"Actually yes. His name is Bob. Ha ha, get it? Bob. Dylan. Holy shit, I crack myself up." I snorted and opened one eye to see her grinning happily down at me.

"At least you crack someone up," I joked. I opened my other eye and Hayley and I just looked at each other. "You were right," I whispered.

"About what?" She whispered back.

"You're beautiful face is the first face I see." Both of our eyes filled with tears, and I hugged her as tightly as I could without hurting myself further. I pulled back, and took a good look at her. "You look exhausted," I commented. She grinned tiredly at me.

"I am exhausted." I moved over on the other side of the bed. I looked at my bed and realized that I got one big ass bed.

"There's enough room, and it's surprisingly comfortable." She glanced at the bed for a second and then shrugged, climbing into the bed with me. I turned my head to I could face her, and we smiled at each other. "You know, Hayley, you're the best friend I've ever had," I said honestly. Her smile widened.

"And you're the best friend I've ever had, Dylan." I turned my head and closed my eyes. I stayed awake until I heard Hayley's breathing even out, and then fell into a dreamless sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope everyone likes it.

Comment? Message? Subscribe? Thanks.

Peace, love, skittles!