Status: COMPLETED.

Leave the Pieces

Pregnant

The next day, I was sitting up in bed, flipping through the channels with Hayley asleep next to me. I groaned slightly. "Why is there nothing on?" I asked myself.

"Because it's five o'clock in the morning." I jumped slightly.

"Fuck, Sam, don't sneak up on me like that. You're lucky I didn't chuck this remote at your face," I growled playfully. He chuckled, and took the chair next to my bed. "How is he?" I asked. He sighed, making my heart drop.

"He's never felt so guilty in his life," he whispered. I felt my eyes tear up, but then sighed.

"Is he still mad?"

"Only at himself." I leaned back, turning off the TV.

"Would you do me a favor?" I asked. He tilted his head. "Tell him I love him, and nothing can change that," I whispered. He nodded, and looked at the closed door for a minute before leaning over to kiss my forehead and stood up, walking out the door quickly. I stared after him for a couple seconds confused before Emmett walked in the door. I smiled brightly. "Hi, Teddy Bear," I chirped. He chuckled, and took the spot Sam was just in. I saw him crinkle his nose slightly, and giggled. "Sam was just in here," I explained. He nodded, and smiled down at me.

"Hey, Tinker Bell." I looked into his eyes and saw they were black.

"Emmett, go hunt," I said sternly. He shook his head.

"Nope," he said.

"Why not?" I asked. He sighed, and grabbed my hand as tightly.

"Because bad things seem to happen to you when I leave," he whispered. I leaned up off the pillows, and slid off the bed carefully. "Dylan, what are-"

"Hush," I ordered, cutting Emmett off. He closed his mouth, but held his arms out in case I fell or something. I stood up in front of me, and slid into his lap. He wrapped his arms around me protectively, and I snuggled into his chest, gripping his shirt with my left hand since my right one had the IV in it. I closed my eyes, and took a deep breath. My eyes shot open a couple seconds later when I felt him shaking slightly. "Emmett? What's wrong?" I asked, looking up at him.

"Do you have any idea how worried I was yesterday? Getting a call from Sam saying that you were in the hospital. It took a little bit for it to really hit us. That he phased too close to you. It never really hit me that you could be hurt by him since you're a half vampire now, but, God, I was wrong," he whispered, and his voice cracked at the end.

"Em, I'm strong. It's going to take a lot more than an angry werewolf to do me in," I said.

"Angry werewolf? Where?" Hayley said, sitting up quickly, and looking around with half-lidded eyes.

"Hayley," I laughed. She looked my way. "Go back to sleep." She nodded, and fell back down. "God, she's a freak," I muttered.

"Heard that, bitch," Hayley mumbled from her position on the bed. I laughed slightly, and felt Emmett chuckle.

"So, where is everyone?" I asked.

"Carlisle's working, Esme's talking to him about when you should be released, Edward's watching Bella sleep-"

"Creeper," I muttered playfully. Emmett laughed, and continued.

"Rosalie and Alice are in France shopping for you," I rolled my eyes, "Jasper is hunting, Ella's at the house waiting on Jessa, and I have no clue where Jessa is," he finished.

"What do you mean you have no clue where Jessa is?" I asked.

"Ella told her what happened yesterday, and she took off. No one knows where she is," he explained. I reached over, hissing slightly when I felt my stitches pull, and grabbed my phone off the table by the bed. I slid the phone open, and sent a quick text to Jessa.

Jessa, where are you? I want to see you. I pressed send, and sighed, sliding the phone back. I sat the phone in my lap, and leaned my head against Emmett. I heard a knock on my door and looked over to see my doctor.

"Miss Cullen, it's good to see you up. How are you feeling?" He asked.

"I'm alright, thank you," I said politely. He nodded, and then glanced at some files and then at my stomach so quickly I barely caught it.

"There's something I would like to discuss with you," he said, and then glanced at Emmett. "Privately," he added. I looked at Emmett.

"Could you go tell dad that I want out of here as soon as possible?" I asked. He nodded, picking me up, and placing me beside Hayley on the bed. He smiled at the doctor, and walked out the door, shutting it quietly behind him. I listened for his footsteps to disappear, and when they did, I smiled up at the doctor. "What is it, you want to discuss?" I asked. He sighed, taking a spot on the side of the bed.

"I'm just going to get straight to the point. Miss Cullen, have you been sexually active?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yes."

"When was the last time you had your menstrual cycle?" I shook my head.

"I honestly don't remember," I said.

"Miss Cullen, did you suspect you were pregnant?" He asked. I nodded. He sighed, and looked at the files again. "Well, Miss Cullen, you are exactly two months pregnant," he said. I froze.

Holy fucking hell.

I was pregnant. With a fucking battle coming up!

"You were very lucky, Miss Cullen. The bear attack caused no harm to the fetus," he said, and I felt tears spring to my eyes. A smile wormed it's way across my face, and I placed my hand on my stomach.

"So, it's okay?" I asked. He nodded.

"Yes, the fetus is fine," he promised. The tears trailed their way down my face and I laughed slightly.

"Oh my God," I breathed. I heard Hayley mumble something next to me, and she sat up.

"Dylan? What's wrong?" She asked, seeing the tears streaking down my face.

"Hayley, I'm...I'm pregnant," I said. Her eyes widened.

"Holy shit," she breathed.

"I know," I said.

"I'll leave you alone so everything can soak in," the doctor said, walking out the door.

"Wait!" I called after him.

"Yes?" He asked, sticking his head back in the door.

"I want to tell my family on my own time, so please, do not let my father see that file," I begged. The doctor smiled and nodded.

"Of course, Miss Cullen," he said, and walked away. I leaned back, wiping the tears off my face.

"Dyls, how are you going to tell everyone?" Hayley asked, placing her head on my stomach. I sighed, and started playing with her hair.

"I don't know, Hayls. I don't know."
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, so it has finally been revealed if she was pregnant or not. And yes, Paul will be in the next chapter. Comment? Message? Subscribe? Peace, love, skittles!