Status: COMPLETED.

Leave the Pieces

Making up.

I sat on my bed, reading Dead And Gone by Charlaine Harris. It was an amazing book, and I loved the Sookie Stackhouse series. The scratches on my chest and neck healed faster than I expected, but there still a couple scars. I felt my phone vibrate, and opened up my phone to see a text message from Hayley.

Dude, you need to get here, like yesterday!

I stared at the screen, confused for a minute.

What's wrong?

Just get your ass here!

I closed my phone, and got dressed quickly. I ran down the steps and was immediately stopped by Rosalie, who was the only one home at the time. "Whoa, what's the rush?" She asked.

"Hayley needs me," I rushed. She raised a perfect eyebrow.

"If you're going to see that boy-"

"Rose!" I shouted. "Hayley fucking needs me!" I bolted out the door, knowing that she'd probably be in shock since I never yelled at her before, and hopped in my car. I stomped on the gas pedal, my tires squealing in protest, and floored it to the Res.

I pulled into the Parker's driveway, and ran to the door. As I was about to knock, the door opened and Hayley was standing there with the a tear stained, distressed looking face. "Hayley, what's wrong?" I asked, pulling her into a hug. She wrapped her arms around me.

"I'm pregnant!" She wailed, and started to sob. I froze.

"What? I didn't think that was possible," I muttered to myself.

"I didn't either. I thought that because Embry and I were both shifters that I couldn't-" she gulped, cutting herself off.

"I can't believe we're both pregnant," I said. She sniffed, and wiped under her eyes.

"I know, I can't believe it either. Oh, guess who called earlier," she said.

"Who?"

"Jordan."

"Jordan Anderson? Damn, I haven't talked to that fucker in a while," I laughed. Hayley chuckled, the spark coming back into her blue eyes.

"I told her that we could hang out today. Is that cool with you? Emerald could come too," she said. I shrugged.

"Cool with me, but there's something I need to do first."

"Talk to Paul?" Hayley guessed. I nodded. "He's probably by the cliffs." I smiled at her, and pulled her into a hug.

"You know we're gonna make it through this, right?" I asked. She nodded into my shoulder.

"I know. Now, go find my brother and bring him out of this depressive state," she ordered, pushing me away. I laughed, and hopped into my car, driving to First Beach.

I pulled up to the cliffs, and saw him standing there in only a pair of shorts, staring down at the water crashing into the rocks. I quietly climbed up until I was behind him. "Paul?" I asked quietly. He whipped around, and started at me for a few minutes. Neither one of us saying anything. He opened his mouth to say something, but then closed it. He did this a few more times and then he sighed, turning around to stare back at the water. I walked forward until I was standing beside him. "I'm not mad at you. I know that it's hard to control, and I'm sorry I pushed you to that point," I apologized. He turned to me, intensity blazing in his eyes.

"Don't you dare apologize for my fucking mistake. I'm the one that should be sorry. I... I hurt you. It's never gonna leave my head. I'm always gonna be replaying that in my mind. How scared you looked," he trailed off, whispering the last part, and I finally noticed the tears that were threatening to fall from his gorgeous eyes.

"I love you, Paul Parker," I murmured, leaning up to press my lips softly against his. He seemed taken aback at first, trying to pull away, but I kept a firm grip on his arms. He finally sighed against my lips, and pressed his body against mine. He pulled away for a second, and looked into my eyes.

"I love you, too, Dylan Harris Cullen," he muttered against my lips. I grinned, and pressed myself against him.

"I missed you," I breathed, molding my mouth against his. He mumbled something, but I didn't really hear it. We were in a heated make out session when I felt my phone vibrate wildly in my back pocket. I grumbled something incoherent, and pulled it out. "Hello?" I answered, slightly pissed that someone was interrupting mine and Paul's reunion.

"Bitch, where you be?" Hayley's voice flooded through the phone. I rolled my eyes.

"The cliffs," I said slowly. I heard some silence.

"Oh...that's right. I kind of forgot about that. Sorry, Dyls." I sighed, rubbing my face slightly.

"When did you invite Jordan and Emerald over again?" I asked.

"Uh...five thirty." I pulled my phone away from ear and looked at the time. Three o'clock. Plenty of time to catch up with Paul.

"Alright, I'll see you at five then," I said.

"Okay, bye!" She hung up the phone.

"Was that Hayley?" Paul asked. I nodded. "She seems...off lately. Even for her," he said. I bit the inside of my cheek.

"Maybe she was just worried about you or something," I tried. He shrugged, but didn't seem completely satisfied with the answer. I smirked at him, and pushed him lightly into a tree, and then flushed myself against him. "So, we have two hours until I have to go meet Hayley, so," I pressed my mouth to his neck. "What are we gonna do until then?"

*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

We were laying on the beach, our limbs a tangled mess. I laid my head on his bare chest, feeling the waves caressing my legs and sighed. "What's wrong, baby?" Paul asked, looking down at me. I smiled, and leaned up to press my lips to his jaw.

"I'm just happy that we're together again," I whispered. His hold around me tightened.

"I am too." We laid like that for about forty minutes, enjoying the silence. I looked down at my phone and saw I only had about fifteen more minutes before I had to be back at Hayley's. I groaned, and pulled myself up into sitting position. "Where are you going?" He asked when I stood up.

"I have to go meet with your sister, remember?" I replied, bending down to gather up my clothes. When I straightened up, I felt hot arms circle my waist, and turn me around. Paul stared into my eyes for a couple seconds before bending down and slowly kissing the scars that were on my upper chest. He kept whispering about how sorry he was. I let him get out everything he kept bottled up, not interrupting him. "Babe...stop apologizing," I ordered lightly, pulling his face up slightly so I could look him in the eyes.

"But-"

"No!" I said forcefully. "Stop. Blaming. Yourself. Do you understand me?" He looked at me for a minute. Searching my face and then nodded slowly.

"Okay," he whispered. I pressed my lips to his.

"Good. Now, get out of my way so I can get dressed," I said playfully, pushing him down onto the sand. He laughed and just laid there, watching me get dressed with a protective look in his eyes. I plopped down in the sand, sliding on my ankle boots. I stood up and then spun around in a complete circle looking for my jacket.

"Baby, what are you looking for?" I heard Paul ask.

"My jacket," I replied.

"You mean this jacket?" I turned slowly to see him holding my jacket in his large hands.

Pauly boo, give me my jacket please," I cooed playfully walking towards him. A grin slowly started to form across his face. When I was in arms reach, one of his arms shot out, wrapping tightly around my waist, and pulling me down on top of him. I let out a squeak and toppled down on top of him.

"What are you gonna do for it?" He whispered in my ear huskily, making my entire body shiver.

"I have to go, but I promise, I'll do something for you later," I said. He handed me my jacket, and helped me stand up.

"You better," he threatened, getting dressed himself.

"Are you heading to the house?" I asked. He nodded. "Come on, we'll go together." I held out my hand, and he laced his fingers with mine, walking towards my car.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, only a couple more chapters, and then this story will be coming to an end, but don't worry! There shall be one more installment.

Comment? Message? Subscribe? Peace, love, skittles!