Status: COMPLETED.

Leave the Pieces

Miami

I sighed loudly as we waited for everyone to get to the place the fight was going to take place at. I shoved my hands into my jacket pocket. It was colder than I thought it was going to be. I heard movement next to me, and look over to see Hayley walking towards me. “The pack is on their way,” she said. I nodded. I was happy to be able to see Paul one more time before shit hit the fan with this fight. I figured we were gonna win, but who knew how many casualties me might have. Hopefully, we wouldn’t have any; on our side at least.

“Is everything okay, Tinker Bell?” I turned towards the voice and saw Emmett staring down at me. I nodded.

“Yeah, everything’s okay, Teddy Bear,” I murmured softly. He wrapped one of his muscular arms around me and gave me a light squeeze.

“We’re all gonna be fine, Tink. Stop worrying your pretty little head.” How the hell could everything be okay when Hayley and I were both fucking pregnant and were about to fight in what was possibly the biggest battle we were ever gonna fight in? I looked around for Edward, and then sighed quietly in relief when I didn’t spot him.

“Come on, Dyls, let’s go wait for the pack,” Hayley said, pulling on my arm slightly. I nodded, and we started walking towards where the boys would enter through. “So, I had my first bout of morning sickness this morning,” Hayley said bitterly.

“I think my baby is mutated,” I said casually. Hayley gave me a strange look.

“Why in the hell would you think that?” She asked.

“I got to thinking; the doctor told me that I was about two months pregnant. When that condom broke, it was only about a month ago. This baby is growing faster than I think is normal,” I said, and then laughed slightly. “Of course it’s gonna grow faster than usual. It’s going to be one-third vampire, one-third werewolf, and one-third human.”

“Shit, I never thought of that. Fuck, who knows what my kids gonna be like. Both its parents are werewolves. I’m the first female shifter in history. How the fuck is this gonna effect my child?” She asked, looking at me. I shook my head.

“I don’t know, but I promise, Hayls. I’m going to be with you through the entire thing,” I promised. She nodded.

“Same for me. Whatever our children are gonna be like, we’ll face it together,” Hayley agreed.

“Damn straight,” I grunted. I looked towards the tree line when I heard the first howl. The pack was almost there. “I’ll be right back,” I muttered to Hayley. She nodded, and I jogged back over to the Cullens. “Alice?” I asked. She looked over at me. “Can you see my future?” I asked. She shook her head.

“No, but that is probably because of your future with Paul. Now that you two have made up, your future is black. I can’t see a thing,” she said, and then tilted her head. “Why, is something wrong?” She asked. I shook my head.

“Nah, just curious,” I said, and grinned. She bought it, and smiled brightly back. “So, Edward is staying with Bella, right?” I asked. She nodded.

“Yes, and I think Jacob is about to come down to help us out here. He and Seth are switching,” she said. I nodded again. So I had my thoughts to myself. The pack emerged from the trees a couple seconds later, and Hayley walked over to me.

“Apparently, the newborns should be here any minute,” she said.

“How much you wanna bet that Nick and Val are leading the entire thing beside Victoria?” I smirked.

“I completely agree with it, so I ain’t bettin’ shit.”

“Chicken?”

“No, smart.” I snorted at that comment.

“Hey, Tweetle Dee and Tweetle Dumb. Get your heads back in the game,” Emmett laughed.

“Shut up, Em,” I called back to him. I felt a cold nose nudge my head, and I looked over to see deep brown, almost black, eyes looking at me. I smiled, and buried my face in the grey fur. “Hey, Paul,” I breathed into the fur. I heard a rumble, and took that as a hi. “Before this battle starts, I just want you to know that I love you so much, Paul.” I looked straight into his eyes when I said this. He nudged my cheek a little, and licked my face. I took that as an ‘I love you, too’ in Paul speak.

“Dylan!” I heard Hayley yell. I looked over at her and I saw her looking at the tree line.

“What’s wrong, Hayley?” I asked, worried.

“Guess who’s leading,” she said. My face lost all emotion. Nick and Val. “The two leading are mine and Dylan’s,” Hayley shouted, making sure everyone could hear. I walked up next to her, and cracked my knuckles.

“We have some unfinished business,” I added, looking over at Hayley with a smirk. She smirked back and we stood next to each other, awaiting the arrival of the newborns.

As we waited, I thought back to the conversation Jessa and I had the day before.

Dylan, they’re alive,” she whispered. I looked at her in confusion.

“Who?” I asked.

“Mom and dad,” she said in the same tone. I sighed.

“Jessa, they were killed. They aren’t alive,” I said soothingly.

“Dylan, I am telling you! Mom and dad are still alive,” she said, looking me dead in the eyes.


As much as I would love to see my biological parents again, I loved Esme and Carlisle so much, and would always consider them my rightful parents. Speaking of Carlisle and Esme, I looked over at them to see them looking at Hayley and me worriedly. I elbowed Hayley in the side, and barely tilted my head in their direction. She looked around me, and grinned. We both waved at the same time. The two made their way over to us. “Would you two please be careful?” Esme asked. Hayley and I grinned.

“We’re always careful, mom,” I said.

“Yeah, it’s like you don’t even know us anymore,” Hayley added. The two chuckled, and then walked back towards their positions.

About a minute later, Emmett was the one to first hear the sound of them approaching. Another minute later, and the battle began.

Like Hayley said, Nick and Val were in the lead, their red eyes gleaming. I heard a growl next to me and saw Hayley’s white wolf body next to me. She turned her blue eyes towards me, and I easily the smile that was in her eyes. We both wanted to kick their asses and now, we had our chance. We wouldn’t let them get away this time. I heard the sound of boulders hitting each other, and knew that it finally began. I took off towards Nick and barreled into him, knocking us both into a few trees. He tried to kick me in the stomach, but I easily blocked, and landed a punch in his face. He flew backwards, and hit another tree and I used that to think about what just happened.

He almost kicked me in my stomach. That could’ve killed my damn kid. I really didn’t this through too well. Maybe I should’ve stayed out of this fight. Before I could comprehend what had happened, I was flying back into the clearing. I rammed into something, and took whatever it was to the ground with me. I looked over to see Emmett right next to me. “Sorry, Em,” I said, and got back up, taking off after Nick again. I let a snarl rip from my throat, and ran into him again. He landed a solid punch in my face, and I nailed him the stomach with my foot.

We kept doing that for a couple minutes. Throwing each other into trees and smashing each other’s faces into the ground. You know, what all the best friends do. “Alright, Dylan, let’s fucking finish this! I’m tired of playing these fucking games with you!” He shouted. I hadn’t realized we were playing games. Was he taking it easy on me? Ah, fuck. He flew at me, and I lifted my leg, slamming it into the side of his head.

“I don’t know, Nick. I’m kinda having fun,” I said, pouting slightly. I heard him growl, and knew I pissed him off. This might not end well.

HAYLEY

Hayley circled the blond vampire, Val, like a tiger stalking its prey. Val let out a loud screech and launched herself at Hayley. She easily side stepped the blond, and latched her jaws around the leech’s leg, giving a sharp pull. The sound was like glass breaking, and was like music to Hayley’s ears. Val let out a ear piercing scream, and fell to the ground.

Hayley knew it was time to finish her off. She bit clean across the leech’s neck, and tossed her head into the fire that she previously made, along with her leg. She started ripping pieces of Val’s body, and tossing them in. When she was done, she sat there, looking at the fire for a little bit. She decided it was time to go help Dylan.

DYLAN

I had blood streaming out of my mouth and down the side of my head. I knew I had some cracked ribs, but those would heal easily. They always did. I stood straighter, not wanting to give Nick the satisfaction of him knowing he hurt me. “Aw, look at little Dylan. Trying to be brave,” Nick taunted.

“You idiot, I’m older than you,” I retaliated. He froze for a second, and then shook his head.

“Whatever, minor details,” he said. “I’m going to enjoy killing you.”

“I’m gonna enjoy watching your lame ass try,” I laughed. He ran at me again, but I quickly dodged, and got a good grip on his head. At this point, everything that I was doing was pure instinct. I didn’t want to kill Nick. Well, I did, but I didn’t, ya know?

I gave a sharp twist, and his head came off. I stood there in shock. I was holding my ex best friend’s head in my hands, while his body was on the ground next to me. So, I did the first thing any half vampire in my situation would’ve done.

I let out a terrified scream, and tossed the head at the fire that was about five feet from me. I looked down at the body at my feet, and then feel to my knees. I had just killed someone. Oh my God, I killed someone. I felt the tears start leaking out my eyes. I started ripping off his limbs while I thought. It’s not like I haven’t done this before, but I didn’t know those people. I knew him. I knew his darkest secrets and he knew mine.

As I threw the last limb in, I started sobbing. I put my hands in my hand, and then screamed. Loudly. I’m pretty sure everyone in the clearing could hear that one. I started sobbing louder than before and put my knees up to my chest. I felt a hand on my shoulder, and looked up into Hayley’s blue eyes.

“I gotta get out of here, Hayls,” I whimpered.

“Alright, Dyls. Wherever you wanna go, I’m with you one hundred percent,” she said. “Should we pack?” She asked. I shook my head, and wiped at my eyes.

“No, I have enough money in my bank account to get us two tickets to wherever it is we’re going, and get us some new clothes and probably an apartment,” I said.

“Damn, how much money you got?” She asked. I sniffed.

“A lot. Now, let’s go before people start looking for us,” I said knowing that the battle was pretty much over. She helped me up, and I winced when the sudden movement jostled my ribs.

We ran to La Push, retrieving her car and then we were gonna run to the Cullen house and get my car. When we got there, Emerald was waiting. “Where are you two going?” She asked.

“Don’t tell anyone you saw us, Em,” I said.

“You two are leaving, aren’t you?” She asked. Hayley and I looked at each other, and then nodded. “Please, take me with you. I can’t stand to see Jake still pining over fucking Bella,” Emerald said, tears welling up in her eyes.

“What? He’s still after her? Even though he imprinted on you?” Hayley asked. She nodded, the tears finally leaking out of her eyes.

“Alright, you can come,” I said, hopping into the passenger seat of Hayley’s car. Emerald grinned.

“Should I pack?” She asked. We shook our heads.

“We’ll get everything when we get there,” I said. She climbed over me to get into the back, and Hayley started her car, and drove to Forks. We got to the Cullen house and I got into my car, and drove behind Hayley. We were both going way over the speed limit to get to the airport.

We got there, and parked our cars. We went to the front desk and asked where we could go that had three tickets available.

“Miami, Florida,” he said. Hayley, Emerald, and I looked at each other with smirks.

“I’ve always wanted to go to Miami,” Emerald said.

“Miami it is,” I said, slamming my credit card on the counter. The man got us our tickets and we explained that we wanted our cars there too. He explained that they would have to load them on a truck, and I asked him if he could make the arrangements, and he said yes. I gave him my credit card again, and about thirty minutes later, we were waiting at our gate for our flight.

“I can’t believe we’re doing this,” Hayley whispered.

“I know me either,” I said.

“I’m glad,” Emerald said. “I don’t know how much more I could take seeing him still wanting her.”

“We are so sorry he did that to you,” Hayley and I said in unison. An hour later, we were boarding our flight.

Six hours later, we were lying out on the beach. I looked over at Hayley, who was laying down on my right, and then Emerald, who was on my left. “To Miami,” I said, lifting my drink up. They followed.

“To Miami!”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the last chapter of Leave The Peices. Next Tuesday will the first chapter of The Last Stand, the next and last story of this series. Comment? Message? Subscribe? Thanks. Peace, love, skittles!