Status: COMPLETED.

Leave the Pieces

Old Friends

“How can someone so small, eat so much?” I asked Hayley, who was stuffing a piece of pizza into her mouth. She looked up at me and shrugged.

“I guess it’s a shape-shifter thing, I mean you’ve seen the boys eat.” She said. We looked at each other, and shivered. When the boys eat, it’s scary

“Okay, I get what you’re saying; the boys are bottomless pits, so I guess that makes you a bottomless pit, too.” I said.

When we left the mall, we both smelled some vampires coming our way. “Do you think we can take them?” Hayley asked.

I snorted. “Of course we can.” Everything was silent. A blond vampire blew past us, making Hayley phase and chase after it. I stood there, waiting for the other one to jump out. I heard some rustling in the trees.

I looked around the woods. “Hello?” I called out. I heard someone run up behind me, but had no time to turn around. Something slammed into my back, sending me soaring into the trees in front of me. I cried out when a branch pierced my thigh. I pulled it out, and looked up at the person crouch over me. I gasped as I looked up at…. “Nick.” I breathed.

He grinned maniacally down at me, his red eyes gleaming. “Hey, friend, miss me?”

HAYLEY

Hayley ran after the blond leech, her paws thumping each time they hit the ground as she tried to catch up to the fast blond. Hayley lunged, hitting the leech’s back with her front paws, knocking her to the ground on her stomach. The leech flipped over, kicking her legs into Hayley’s side. She yelped falling to the ground. She quickly got back up, and tore the leech’s arm off. The leech shrieked in pain, and continued running. Hayley followed, but screeched to a stop when the leech crossed the border. Hayley was only allowed to cross in human form, seeing as she was Dylan’s best friend and got special treatment, which she rubbed in Paul’s face every chance she got.

She let out an ear piercing howl, which was matched with a scream.

DYLAN

I echoed Hayley’s howl with a scream as Nick threw me into another tree. I stood up, wincing at the pain in my thigh, and glared at Nick. “What the fuck happened to you? What happened to my friend?” I yelled at him.

He glared back at me, and took a couple steps in my direction. “You see, about four months after you left a redhead came to us and offered us immortal life. We couldn’t refuse. After Val and I were changed, Laurent, Victoria, and James became like our family.” He said, circling me. “Then your family decided to kill James!” He spat in my face, dragging me up by my hair, making me yelp. “And your dog family killed Laurent! Victoria has her own way of revenge.” He said, barring his teeth at me. “And Val and I have ours.” He growled and lunged for my throat.

I gasped, and slammed the side of my leg into his stomach, sending him flying into a tree. I grabbed onto Hayley as she soared towards me. She helped me get a running start, and then ran side by side. When we reached La Push beach, and saw all the guys messing around. Hayley and I almost reached them, but collapsed from exhaustion. I felt Paul’s hot, strong arms wrap around me.

“What the fuck happened?” He asked, pressing his hand to the wound on my thigh.

“Vampires, new borns I think.” Hayley gasped out. My phone beeped and I looked down to see a text from Emmett.

We need you home, we have a slight problem.

I sighed, and text back.

Yeah, there’s a slight problem here, too. I’ll see you soon.

“Hayley, could you please take me home?” I asked. She nodded, standing up. She held out her hand, and helped me up. I told Paul bye, and that I would text him tomorrow. Hayley and I climbed into her car.

“You know them, don’t you?” She asked when we got out of hearing range from the guys.

I nodded. “Yeah, do you remember Nick and Val, the two friends I told you about?” Her eyes widened.

“That was Nick and Val?” She asked. I nodded. “Oh my God, Dylan, I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to rip her arm off.” She said quickly.

I stared at her, and then laughed. “You ripped Val’s arm off?” I asked

She nodded. “It was self defense. She had it coming.” She said. I laughed, and then sighed when we pulled up to the Cullen’s house. “You ready?” She asked.

“No, but let’s go anyway.” I said and painfully got out of the car. Hayley was instantly by my side, and put one of my arms around her shoulders and she wrapped one of her arms around my waist to keep me up. When we got to the door, Esme was instantly by our side.

“What happened? Are you girls alright?” She asked. Hayley may be a werewolf, but Esme loved her like a daughter anyway.

“We’re fine, mom, but I definitely have something have something to tell all of you.” I said. Esme helped Hayley and I sit down on the couch, and got us huge bags of ice. Hayley pressed hers to her stomach and side. I pressed mine to my back and thigh. Everyone walked down the steps, but stopped when they saw Hayley and me.

“Did you two fall down the steps again?” Emmett asked.

“Not quite.” I said weakly.

Edward stared at us, his eyes widening. “Oh my God, are you okay, Dylan?” He asked, looking at me. I nodded. Then, he grinned over at Hayley. “Nice job, Hayley.” He said. Hayley grinned back.

“Thank you; I do enjoy ripping vampire’s arms off.” She joked.

“Okay, what happened?” Alice asked, hating to feel out of the loop. Hayley and I explained what happened. When we finished, Hayley looked at me.

“I’m hungry, what about you?” She asked. I shrugged.

“Yeah, I guess I’m hungry.” I said. Esme smiled at the both of us, and stood up.

“I’ll go make some dinner for you both.” She said, and ran into the kitchen.

“I will need to take a look at your leg, sweetheart.” Carlisle said.

I smiled. “Okay, just let me change into some shorts.” I said, and limped my way up the steps. I stopped and looked back. “Oh, Jessa, you said you had something to say, right?” I asked, looking at Jessa who was sitting by Ella.

She smiled up at me. “Oh, I just wanted to say that I’m a werewolf.” She said like it was nothing. I nodded, and continued up the steps before it hit me. I spun around, falling on my butt.

What?!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment, message, subscribe. Thanks.