Status: COMPLETED.

Leave the Pieces

"Don't Yell At Me, I'm Injured!"

Hayley and I stared down the long isle of pregnancy test. I bit my lip looking at the different brands. How the hell do you know which ones are better?

"Here you go, honey." I snapped my gaze up to a very pregnant woman, holding out a box with her left hand, while holding a toddler on her right hip with her right hand. I took the box.

"Thank you," I said, smiling.

"No problem, hon. How old are you anyway?" She asked. I coughed slightly.

"Uh...sixteen..." She smiled.

"You're a lot older than I was honey," she said. Her face became serious when Hayley walked over to us. "You two are going to make great moms. I can tell," she said, winked, and then waddled away. Hayley and I exchanged weird looks and she grabbed one of the same boxes the woman gave me, and we bought them.

"I think we should take them in about two weeks," Hayley said. I nodded.

"I agree. But, where should we hide them? My family will find them easily," I said.

"We can hide them in my bathroom. No one goes snooping in there," Hayley stated.

"Okay, good."

When we got the Hayley's house, no one was home. "They all must be at Sam's," I said. We traveled up the steps to Hayley's room and she put the pregnancy test under the sink.

"You wanna head over there?" She asked. I nodded. We drove to Sam's house, and knocked before opening the door.

"Yo, anyone home?" I shouted.

"You don't have to yell, Dylan." I screamed at how close Emerald was, and she screamed because I screamed.

"Jesus Christ, Emerald! Are you trying to give me a fucking heart attack?!" I shouted, looking at her with wide eyes. She was clutching her chest, and her eyes were also wide.

"No, but God, did you have to scream like bloody fucking murder?" She shouted back. We both looked at each other and then started laughing. "Your face was priceless!" She laughed. Our laughter finally died down, and I noticed Hayley wasn't with us anymore.

"Hayley Poo!" I yelled.

"In the kitchen, Half-breed!" She yelled back. Emerald and I walked into the kitchen and saw Hayley stuffing her face. I gave her a look, and sat down beside her, taking some of her food. "Bitch, get your own!" She shouted, trying to take back a piece of bacon. I stuck one of them in my mouth, and held her off with my left hand, my right one outstretched with the rest of the bacon.

"You eat too much as it is," I said, pushing her back. She jumped at me, sending us both crashing to the ground with loud thuds. I guess our screaming and yelling attracted the attention of everyone in the house because the next thing I knew people were surrounding us.

"What the hell are you both doing? We thought you two were hurt!" Paul said, anger visible in his eyes. Hayley and I stared at him for a couple seconds before we started wrestling on the ground again.

"You damn half-breed, give me my fucking bacon!"

"You stupid shifter, your fat ass as had enough!" We went at it for a couple minutes, playfully of course, but I don't think anyone else got that memo. The next thing I knew, Hayley was being ripped off of me, and I was thrown over someones shoulder harshly. I gasped in slight pain when I hit a hot shoulder. I was taken outside, and thrown against a tree, the force of my body hitting it made it snap. I groaned, and then gasped again when hot hands curled around the top of my arms, lifting me up about a foot off the ground.

"What the fuck were you two doing?! I was worried that something was actually happening to you two! All of us were!" Paul just kept screaming at me. I remembered the last time he screamed at me like that, and it was when we I had my car accident, so those thoughts were brought back to the surface making everything so much worse in my head. And I was in pain. My back was killing me from the damn tree, and I was pretty sure that my arms were gonna bruise at the grip he had on them. "Are you fucking listening to me?!" He shook me forcefully, making my teeth chatter. I opened my mouth to speak, but nothing came out. I was scared. I knew he was just angry, and wouldn't mean to hurt me, but he also had anger problems, and his wolf form was tied in with his emotions.

"Paul! Calm the fuck down!" Hayley yelled from behind Embry. Why was she behind him?

"Paul, you need to calm down," Sam ordered in his deep voice. Was I missing something?

That's when I noticed. He was shaking. And bad.

"Paul, I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-" I was cut off by him exploding, sending me into darkness.

*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

When I came to, there was an odd pressure on my chest and shoulder. I looked down and saw a hand? I looked up the person's arm, and saw Hayley's face. "Hayley?" I asked. My voice sounded off. She looked at me with a tear stained face.

"Oh thank God, Dylan, you need to stay awake, okay, sweetheart?" She asked, wiping at her face. There was blood smeared where her hand just was.

"Hayley, you're bleeding," I pointed out. She shook her head, and her shoulders started to shake lightly.

"No, I'm not honey, but I don't want you worrying about that right now, okay?" I nodded, and looked around. The forest surrounding the Uley household looked like a bomb hit it.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Hey, didn't I tell you to not worry about this right now?" Hayley asked. I nodded, and closed my eyes. I was so tired. A slap in my face brought me back. "I told you to stay awake!" Hayley yelled.

"Sorry, sorry," I mumbled.

"Just keep looking at me, okay?" She said. I nodded, and just stared at her. She really was my best friend. I would die for her. Over and over again.

"Hayley, I got the car." I looked up to see Sam. He looked down at me with a worried and pained expression.

"Alright, help me get her up," Hayley said, lifting the upper part of my body up. When she did, I noticed something red. I blinked. Oh my God. The blood came from me.

I had five deep, gashes across my right shoulder and chest area. The first one started at the base of my neck, and then the fifth one was at the top of my breast. My breath came out in short gaps. "Holy shit," I gasped out. "Hayley." I looked at her with wide eyes.

"Jesus, I was hoping you wouldn't notice yet. You're gonna be alright. We're taking you to Forks hospital right now," she said calmly.

"How can I be alright when I'm gonna fucking bleed to death?!" I was freaking out. Hayley rolled her pretty blue eyes.

"If you would shut the fuck up, the blood wouldn't flow as fast," she snapped.

"Don't yell at me, I'm injured!" I yelled. And then gasped. The pain finally hit me. Hayley removed some of the cloth covering the wound, making me scream out in pain.

"Shit, Sam, it won't stop bleeding!" She said in a panicked voice. I heard Sam press down on the gas pedal, making us speed forward. I closed my eyes. About a second later, my head snapped to the side. "What did I say about staying awake?!" Hayley yelled at me.

"Stop yelling!" I yelled back.

"Then stay the fuck awake!" She yelled back. I looked at her, and noticed she was covered in blood.

"Am I really bleeding that much?" I asked in a small voice. Her face softened, and she licked her lips.

"Yeah, honey, you're really bleeding that much." I nodded, and bit my lip from the pulsing pain in my chest. We finally got the the hospital, Sam picked me up, making sure the cloth was still stopping the blood flow, and carried me into the emergency wing. Hayley ran past us and started yelling. "I need help! My friend was attacked by a bear!" Sam walked in with me, and the nurses started running around trying to get everything prepared. I was placed on a gurney, and wheeled down a couple of hallways. I made sure that Hayley and Sam were still right beside me.

"I'm sorry, but you two can't go past here," one of the nurses said.

"No, no I need them," I pleaded.

"I'm sorry Miss Cullen," the same nurse said. I looked back at Hayley with scared eyes.

"Don't leave me, please," I begged. I saw her eyes start to water, and she bent over to kiss my forehead.

"Dylan, I'm going to be right here, okay? I'm not going to leave because I want to make sure that my beautiful face is the first face you see when you wake up," she said, making me laugh slightly. She smiled tearfully. "You're gonna be okay." I was wheeled away from her after that.

One of the nurses peeled off the cloth, making me scream since the fabric got stuck on my skin from the blood. I looked down and saw again how bad the gashes were. Pieces of skin was literally missing, and other pieces of skin was just hanging there. A mask was placed over my face, my eyes dropped.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this isn't what everyone probably expected, but I have plans for it. Comment? Message? Subscribe? Thanks.