Love at First Tweet

There's Something I Need To Tell You

It was Christmas day, not always such a wonderful time for Abi. Her house wasn't full of joy and laughter and all the sweet things Hallmark advertises about Christmas, so she didn't see the harm in checking her accounts on all her favorite websites before spending another damned holiday with her family.

When she logged onto Twitter, mostly just to wish Will Noon a very merry Christmas, she realized he beat her to it.

"Merry Christmas, Abi," it read, followed by something she most definitely had not expected. "There's something I need to tell you."

She responded immediately, but just couldn't type out the words fast enough and ended up having to go back and correct multiple spelling errors. She was beyond nervous - what if he told her he never wanted to talk to her again? Was she scaring him? Abi's heart pounded with hope that she was wrong.

Just a few moments after she sent her response, there was a knock on her door. Abi stumbled to the door, focusing only on what that message could have meant. She wasn't even sure she'd pay attention to whoever it was long enough to know why they were knocking. After all, it was probably just a neighbor or something asking for a cup of sugar for their cookies.

It most certainly was not.

"Hey, Abi, I hope I don't seem like a stalker showing up like this, but...I mean, your friend gave me your address, so...well, I told her what I had to tell you , and...well...I mean," the guy stuttered. Abi stood frozen in place for a moment, trying to take in what was happening - and failing. After all, Will Noon was standing before her!

The first thing she felt after the shock wore of was self-consciousness. She was still in her pajamas, straight out of bed!

"Uh...hi, wow, um," Abi said, searching for the right words. She shut up when she saw him looking her up and down. Damn, she thought, he's going to think I'm crazy.

"Wow, I never thought someone could look so beautiful in a pair of PJ's," Will breathed with a half-smile. Abi's heart pounded a hundred times harder than it had when she was worried about what it was that he had to say. She was worried that she might have a heart attack.

"Oh, thank you," she choked out.

"Listen, I, uh...about that thing I have to tell you...um...this isn't the right time or place. Abi, what are you doing today?"

Abi snorted. "Nothing of interest."

"Do you, maybe, want to go out to eat...with me?" And Abi thought her heart had been pounding before! Will Noon just asked her out on a date! A Christmas date!

"Sure, I'd love to! Let me just get dressed and everything," Abi replied, excitedly. He grinned.

"I'll, uh, just wait in my car..." he said, not wanting to invite himself in. Abi wasn't so sure about inviting him in, but she gave in and took him by the hand.

"You can come inside, Will," she said. He walked in and sat down as Abi went up to get ready.

-----

Abi laughed hysterically - again. Will had been making her laugh all day. She was sure this would be the best Christmas so far. "That's great, Will, but you still haven't told me whatever it was you sent me a message about."

His grin faded and he cleared his throat, staring down at his plate of food. He sighed and cleared his throat again. "Right, uh..."

"Just say it, whatever it is," Abi whispered. Will sighed yet again.

"Abi, I..." he began, but his voice broke. He put his head in his hands and stayed quiet for a brief moment, then looked back up at Abi. "I think I love you."

Of all the things he could have said, that was the last thing Abi thought would have come out of his mouth. She sat still for a moment, in complete shock, staring at Will. She took a breath, clearing away the shock, which left her with a heart pounding so loudly she was sure they could hear it on the opposite side of the restaurant.

Abi would not wait any longer. Staring at his lips, she impulsively leaned forward, but slightly - catching herself. Will barely noticed her pause as he closed the space between them, brushed his lips gently against hers, and kissed her.

I was wrong. This has been the best Christmas ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Merry Christmas, Abi.<3