Status: Not as Active as before, but I'll try to write it lasfjsdlfjd

Jokes, Cons, and Romantic Intentions

07

Slowly, a blush crept up my cheeks. I gripped my drink, took a long sip, and stared back at Cameron. He was already staring back at me with a concentrated look. I suddenly felt nervous again, but I said nothing and just stared into his eyes rather than his face.

I just realized this but his eyes......they're so pretty.....

“You have googly eyes.” Cameron noted.

I wanted to protest but I didn't say anything. I just kept staring into his blue-green eyes. Finally, I looked away.

“D-Did it suddenly get c-cold in here?” I murmured, suddenly shaking a little. Oh god. There it was. I was getting super nervous now, being alone with a boy.

Suddenly Cameron kicked my foot.

“Hey!” I snapped, kicking his foot back. He responded by kicking me again. “Stop!” I frowned and kicked, only to feel air. I peered under the table to see Cameron's legs farther back. He gave me a smirk.

“You fail!”

“Shut up!” I kicked again and missed.

He laughed and kicked my foot. I swung my foot and he caught it between his legs.

“Dude! Let go!” I tried tugging my foot away, but he had it in a tight lock. Cameron grinned again and in a swift motion, reached down and snatched my shoe off again. He released my shoe-less foot. “Give my shoe back!” I cried reaching over the table. I swiped and missed. He held his hand out instead. “What?”

“Figure it out and I'll give your shoe back.” He smirked.

I stared his hand and back at him. “I don't know,” I admitted. “Give!”

“It's not that hard to figure out.” He waved his hand for a bit before resting it on the table again. I stared at it harder.

“What? Do you want me to give you something?”

“Nope.”

“Seriously, I give up. What?” Cameron's hand then took mine. He squeezed it tightly for a bit, rubbing his fingers against mine. My breaths suddenly became quick and shallow. Then – he pulled my arm, and I heard a crack in my shoulder. “Ack!” I nearly fell back in surprised and Cameron started laughing.

“I got you again!” he mused, placing my shoe in my hand.

Ugh. This guy was such a jokester. But for a second....he was actually holding my hand....and enjoying it.

I looked at Cameron again and saw that he was looking at the door, his eyebrows raised.

“Eric?” he said suddenly.

I turned around and saw Cameron's friend, Eric Jones walk into Starbucks along with two girls. I recognized one of the girls as Eric's girlfriend, Cassadee Darren.

“Sup Cameron?” The two exchanged a handshake. “What are you doing here?”

“Hanging out with Hayden.” He shrugged, motioning his head towards me.

I gave him a timid smile. “Hey Eric.”

“Hey Hayden. You know my girlfriend, Cassadee. Oh! And this is my sister, Tammy.” Tammy and Cassadee both said their “Hi's” and joined us at our table.

“So, what are you doing here?” Cameron asked.

“I came for some smoothies actually. Tammy wanted some coffee.”

“Plus we're getting some Subway.” Cassadee chimed in.

“Sounds yummy,” Cameron sighed. “Why didn't we decide to get Subway?” He frowned, looking straight at me.

“Um....you didn't have enough money?” I replied quietly.

“Oh right.”

“So.....” Tammy started. “Are you two going out?” She pointed her fingers at both, Cameron and I, and raised an eyebrow.

“What? N-No!” I sputtered. “He's just a friend!”

“What?” Cameron put an arm around me and pressed his face against mine. “Yeah....we're totally dating.” he said it in a sly, sarcastic, kind of way. Then he gave her his infamous smirk.

“Nah. They're not going out.” Eric said. “He just broke up with Jaz - “

“Don't say her name!” He cried. “You're gonna make me think of her ugly face.”

“That's mean.” Tammy frowned.

“Messy breakup.” Eric mouthed.

“I hate that name.” He grumbled under his breath.

Cameron's arm was still around me. I tried to pry his arm off my shoulder. It wouldn't budge. “Get off.” I whined.

He didn't say anything, but gave me a look full of amusement.

“Seriously....” I managed to get his arm off my shoulder and moved to another chair. Sometimes Cameron was just so assertive. He jumped in the chair next to mine. I jumped to another and he followed, until I saw sitting next to the window.

“Can't run forever.” He chuckled. He went back over to the seat next to mine and patted my old seat. I got up and went over to the chair behind him. He pulled my chair towards his. I moved my chair slightly away again and he pulled it back to him. He bent over and scooped up my shoe.......again.

“Hey!” I leaped up from my chair and jumped in an attempt to get my shoe. Having the advantage of being tall, he held it above his head again.

“You are such a short person!”

“This is the third time you've stolen my shoe!” I snapped, earning giggles from the girls.

I jumped up against his chest, starting him, and successfully getting my shoe back. I moved to a chair a table away. Cameron stood up, walked over to me and actually lifted me from up the ground.

“Cameron, what are you - ?” I couldn't help but laugh this time.

He carried me all the way back to the table and plopped me down on my seat. Eric and the girls were watching this, entertained.

“I give up trying to move away from you.” I said. “You're so presistant.”

He gave me a grin and a wink. “Thanks.” He looked over at his phone. “Crap! My dad's outside to pick me up. I gotta go.”

“Oh.” I frowned, I was actually sad that our time together was over.

“Do you need a ride?” He offered.

I sat there, stunned, just staring blankly at him. How awkward would it be if I just sit in the backseat with Cameron and his.....dad? I gulped and replied, “No thanks. My dad's actually picking me up in ten minutes.” I was actually telling the truth right there.

He shrugged. “If you say so then; bye guys.” He went out the door, leaving me alone with Eric and the girls.

I didn't actually know Eric or Cassadee that well. After all, they were just Cameron's friends. I sat stiff in my seat.

“Hey.” said Cassadee.

“Hi...”

“You and Cameron aren't dating, right?”

“No. Of course not. He just broke up with his girlfriend. He's just a friend.”

“Really? Because I think he likes you.” Tammy broke the ice.

“What? No.” My heart started pounding in my chest.

“You're oblivious to these kinds of things, aren't you?” Cassadee questioned.

“Uh....I guess?”

“Well, it's pretty obvious.” Tammy chuckled. “He even carried you all the way back to the table! People just don't do that.”

“Uh correction.” said Eric. “He does that to everyone.”

“I still think he likes you.” Tammy said with a shrug. Cassadee nodded.

I just sat there thinking. Cameron liking me? Is that even possible? I thought of all the things we've done today. He called me pretty, he stole my shoe, played footsie with me under the table, held my hand for a bit, carried me.

Cameron was a natural flirt and outgoing as heck. It was hard to tell if he liked someone, but still.....it could be me? Right?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys. I wanna ask you a question. Do you think Cameron could have a crush on Hayden? Or is he just a big flirt? Thank you! Feedback is appreciated greatly.