Cross Your Fingers

The Next 20 Minutes

She knew it was wrong but Izy had already started whatever Stephen and her were, so she might as well keep going. Right? She tried to convince she had already cheated stopping wouldn’t make that fact go away. It was hard to think about anything right now though. Her and Stephen were the only people in the Godsey’s house right now and they were currently in her bedroom. She had called John earlier that day but he had something to do, and being with Stephen had caused it to slip her mind.

She started to come to her senses though as his lips moved from her own and to her neck. She started to gently push him away. “Stephen stop,” she said even though honestly she didn’t want to.

“What is it?” he asked her.

“John is still my boyfriend,” she pointed out. “I can’t risk you giving me a hickey. It wouldn’t exactly be something I can explain to him.”

“Then why don’t you break up with him?”

“I don’t know,” she told him. There was something about John that she couldn’t let go of.

“Well obviously you don’t love him,” he stated. “If you did love him this wouldn’t be happening right now.”

“Who said anything about love? I’m in high school I don’t even want to think about love until awhile after I graduate.” To avoid looking at him she looked around her room and her eyes landed on her clock. “Justin is going to be home soon,” she said quietly.

“I should probably go then,” he said while heading towards her bedroom door, but he froze when they heard Justin’s voice.

“Yo Izy I’m home,” he called out from downstairs. Stephen turned around and looked at Izy.

“What should I do?” he asked her.

She paused before she answered. “Go out the window,” she said.

“You're joking right?”

“I wish I was but if you don’t we will have to explain why you’re here to Justin. Besides I have that convenient and cliché tree right outside my window. It’s basically as if whoever put that tree there wanted me to sneak boys out of my room.”

“I can’t believe I’m actually going to sneak out your bedroom window,” he said in disbelief.

“I can’t believe it either,” she agreed letting a quiet laugh slip out. She stopped him and quickly kissed him before watching him climb out of her window, but the back of her mind lingered on the many possible ways this could all go wrong.
Shortly after Stephen had left Justin entered her room. “Hey Izy what’s up?” he asked her.

“Not much what do you want?” she asked him back.

“I’m just seeing what’s going on with my sister. Who has been too busy hanging around with her boyfriend to spend time with her very own brother,” he said.

“Yeah I can see your really torn up about it,” she pointed out. “Why don’t you just tell me what you want already?”

“Fine, as you know mom and dad are going to be away next week,” he told her and she nodded her head in acknowledgement. “And you are going to help me throw a party.” He looked at her hopefully hoping she will agree.

“So let be honest about this you don’t want help throwing the party. You just want to have your party and me to clean up your mess when it’s over.”

“That hurts Izy,” he replied pretending to mean it.

“You know what they say the truth hurts.”

“Just please help out Izy,” he begged her. “Me and Stephen will help you and I’m sure you can convince John to help also.”

She paused looking at her brother before rolling her eyes and responding. “Fine, but if we get caught you are taking the fall.”

Monday morning Izy walked into the school and the first thing she saw was a big sign. It was big, bright and the opposite of subtle. The curvy glitter glue letters brought her eyes to the center where it said “PROM.” John saw her observing the sign and walked up to her.

“Not thinking about leaving me for an older man that can take you to prom are you?” he joked.

“As long as he has a nice car,” she teased him. He pretended to be offended and the face he made caused her to giggle. “Or on second thought you are the one and only John Gomez and for me that’s more important than a car and prom.” He smiled at her and put his arm around her shoulders as the two of them started to walk down the hall.

“Do you want to do something this weekend?” he asked her.

“Actually Justin is throwing a party. That means I’ll have to be there which means you have to be there,” she told him.

“I was kind of hoping we could do something alone,” he sounded a little disappointed.

“Well let’s hang out tonight,” she said. If she didn’t already feel guilty enough about Stephen being around John made it all seem so much worse.
♠ ♠ ♠
eh I just really wanted to update for my lovely reader, subscribers and commenters. So this isn't the most interesting one but I have some drama planned for this, just you wait. Also I feel like John should be in it more so the next one will focus on him. (YAY!) Thank you to lolianedra for commenting (again) which makes me REALLY happy. I hope everyone sticks with this because I really excited to write what I have planned. So please comment and subscribe also check out the song I pick the story title from (I actually wasn't thinking about Cross your fingers by The Summer Set which would be the obvious song choice) I was listening to Do It Again (You're Not Making Me Want To Touch You) by You, Me and Everyone We Know you should check it out because they are one of my favorite bands. Sorry for the extremely long authors not but this is all for now. Hopefully I will be able to update soon!