Cross Your Fingers

Oh the Way

Izy laid in John’s arms feeling quite content and about as comfortable as someone could be while lying in the backseat of a car. His phone going off interrupted their moment. He looked annoyed while he answered.

“What?” he answered.

Izy was just barely able to hear Stephen on the other end. “Where are you? Not only did you skip school but band practice was supposed to start half an hour ago.”

“Sorry bro I just forgot I’ll be right there,” John said before hanging up. “So how do you feel about meeting the band right now?” he asked Izy.

"That sounds great,” she answered smiling before pecking him on the lips and awkwardly trying to get her clothes back on in the car. He did the same and the two of them moved to the front and headed to John and Stephen’s house. She tried to fix her hair on the ride by running her fingers through it, but it was a worthless cause. He let himself and Izy in to his house and led her to their basement where the band was already waiting looking slightly pissed off.

“It’s about time you got here,” Stephen said when he saw the couple walk in.

Before the two of them could make up and excuse Jess cut in. She took in Izy’s hair, the general disheveled look of the two of them and the grin on John’s face when all of a sudden it just clicked. “Oh my god you two just had sex,” she blurted out.

Izy turned bright red as heat rushed to her cheeks. Stephen just stared at her with a look that she couldn’t quite read, so instead she turned to the two guys in the room that she didn’t know. “And on that note, I’m Izy,” she introduced herself.

“Yeah we’ve heard a lot about you especially today,” one of them spoke up and more heat rose in her cheeks. “I’m JF by the way,” he told her. Then the other guy introduced himself as Weston.

Izy took a seat as she listened to the band play. Stephen kept his eyes on her throughout the whole practice but she refused to look back. Instead she kept her eyes glued on John noticing how cute he looked while he was playing guitar. She couldn’t stop the smile that spread on her face.

She stood up when they had finished playing and soon after John was there with his arm around her. “Don’t tell me you two are going to be one of those couples now?” Jess asked. After their lack of answer she clarified her question. “You know those couples where after they’ve done it are always together and just have to be touching each other. That are so caught up in there own lovely world they don’t noticed the world around them.”

“You’ve been holding that in for awhile haven’t you?” John asked jokingly.

“Well you’ve been taking my girl away from me Johnny,” she joked right back.

“Don’t worry Jess I haven’t forgotten our secret love,” Izy joined in. “Besides we still need to go shopping for the party my brother is throwing.” The mention of a party caught the rest of the bands attention.

“A party?” JF the singer asked.

“Yeah it’s a true story and now that we’ve met you two better be there,” she said pointing at him and Weston. “I should probably go now though but Jess, John and Stephen all know where I live so one of them can fill you in. “

“I’ll give you a ride home,” Stephen offered.

“That’s ok you don’t have to do that. I can always just walk,” Izy told him. She didn’t really want to be around Stephen right now. At least not until she would be able to tell him it was over, but right now she thought she would probably give up her resolve the second she was alone with the older Gomez.

“I’ll walk with you,” John volunteered.

“Guys relax Jess has got this,” Jess cut in talking about herself in the third person and dangling her car keys in the air.

“Yeah thanks for the offer though John I’ll see you tomorrow,” Izy said goodbye to the rest of the band and kissed John before heading out with Jess.

Once the two of them were settled in the car Jess spoke up. “So you and John took things to the next level. How did that happen? And I ask this wanting the least possible details about the actual sex and when I say least possible I mean none at all.”

Izy started by telling her friend how John had suggested they skip school and told her about the lake. “I don’t know but in the moment I just really wanted him, it just felt right,” Izy finished.

“Let me start by saying I’m never riding in the backseat of Stephen’s car again. I’m permanently calling shotgun from now on,” Jess said scrunching up her nose.

“Too bad the rules of shotgun calling just don’t work that way. You might just have to fight Justin for shotgun,”

“Eh I can take him,” Jess replied before saying goodbye to Izy before the younger girl got out of the car.

The next day Izy tried her best to avoid Stephen but that was only able to last until lunch. The usual group was there and somehow prom came up. Justin came and sat down seeming happier than he usually was.

“Justin you have a really big stupid smile going on it scares me,” Izy spoke up.

“Well sister I have a date to prom with Rose.” Rose Williams was his idea of the perfect girl she was hot and he would probably be getting lucky on prom night and as of right now that was good enough for him.

“You already have a date I don’t even have an idea about who I’m going to go with. How have I fallen behind on the whole prom thing,” Jess spoke while she tried to think of who to ask. “I know,” she blurted out. “Izy you are going to prom with me. You’re my best friend so obviously you need to be there.”

Stephen saw his chance to get Izy as his prom date. “Jess why don’t you take John and I could take Izy then both of them could go,” he said.

“That’s a great idea! Isn’t this exciting, Izy? Prom is going to be so much fun and we can start looking for dresses when we go shopping today.”

“Oh yeah that sounds great,” Izy responded faking enthusiasm. She didn’t like the idea of going to prom with Stephen anymore she couldn’t trust herself around him even though she wished she was able to. “Well what do you think?” she turned to face her boyfriend as she asked him.

“It will be fun,” he assured her. He saw the hesitation in her eyes but he didn’t understand or question it. He believed Izy and that she would tell him if something was really bothering her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of filler but still. I took an AP Stats test today and it killed my soul. There will probably be one more chapter and then prom! get excited the will be prom time shenanigans. Thank you to lolianedra and xoshaynasamixo for commenting :D and everyone else who reads this and subscribes you are all awesome so click this to see a picture of last call for camden I like it.