Cross Your Fingers

Kiss You Goodnight

John and Izy were interrupted by a knock on the door. “Times up,” John let out a groan as his lips were separated from Izy’s and she smiled. “I’m going to open this door now. Gomez I want your hands and pants up.” Justin spoke up again.

“Why do I need my hands up? That’s weird Justin.” The two of them could hear Stephen on the other side of the door with Justin.

“Not you Stephen, the Gomez that is in a closet with my sister,” Justin corrected him.

“Right I knew that.”

“Sure you did.” Then Justin opened the door and was relieved when he saw Izy in John were not doing anything that would have been awkward for him to see. Stephen didn’t leave Izy and John alone for the rest of the night except for short periods of time when he would get a drink. Eventually Justin rejoined them and they decided to call it a night. Izy got to the car before them and stood in front of the driver’s door holding her hand out to Stephen.

“What do you think you're doing?” he asked her.

“I’m going to drive us home I’m not putting my life into your hands when your drunk.”

“You don’t even have your license,” he pointed out.

“But I’m a good driver and just think about how bad you would feel if I died and it was all your fault.”

“Fine,” he gave up and handed her the keys. “So Stephen I’m guessing you’re spending the night, but what about you John?”

“No John is going home,” Stephen answered before John could.

“Aw come on why do I have to go home if you don’t,” John asked.

“Because you aren’t drunk and the point of staying over of the Godsey’s is so mom doesn’t see that I’m drunk.” Stephen said.

“Is that all I am too you Stephen,” Justin said pretending to be hurt.

“Stephen just let him stay he is my new best friend after all,” Izy tried to help John out. She did like him and she wanted to spend more time with him.

“No take John home I’ve made up my mind,” Stephen said.

“Fine,” Izy said before starting the car and heading to the Gomez’s house feeling disappointed. It was quiet and the car and nobody really felt like breaking the silence. Izy finally got to the Gomez’s house, but she didn’t want to say goodbye to John when both of their brothers were watching. “John do you have that paper that I need,” Izy said.

“What paper?” he asked confused.

“That math paper that I never got,” she said turning around to look at him and hoped he would catch on.

“Oh that paper. Yeah I do why don’t you come inside and I’ll give it to you?”

“Ok,” she was thankful for an excuse to be alone with John even if it would just be for a short time. “I’ll be back soon,” she told Justin and Stephen and then she and John left. They walked up to the house together while Stephen and Justin waited in the car confused. They stayed quiet until they were inside and the door was shut.

“So what now?” John asked.

“Well tonight you told me you liked me and I like you too John,” she said and a blushed crept onto her cheeks.

“So do you want to go out some time,” he asked. He seemed a little nervous and Izy thought he was really cute.

“Yes. Let’s just not tell everyone right away.”

“Why?” his face changed from a look of happiness to confusion.

“It’s just that there are steps. First interest is made known. Then you start spending more time with the other person to test to see if you are going to work without the pressure of people knowing you are a couple. Once you decide that you are compatible you tell close family and friends and then once you do that you can become Facebook official,” she explained.

“Did you put a lot of thought into this?”

“No not really but you just shouldn’t have to announce to everyone that you are dating someone right away. People shouldn’t need to know as long as your happy and I think you could make me happy.” She smiled at him and he smiled back.

“So you’ll go out with me?”

“Yes I will,” she answered and then reached up to kiss him. “Well I should probably go now I don’t want to leave them out there for too long.”

“Oh yeah bye.” She kissed him one more time before opening the door and heading back to the car.

“What was that all about?” Justin asked her when she was back in the car.

“Nothing I just needed to get a paper for my math class,” she lied. She turned onto their street and saw her house up ahead. She was ready to call it a night. She parked the car and led the boys into the house dropping the keys on the table in the front room for Stephen to get in the morning.

“Night boys,” she said about to head upstairs.

"Wait Izy stay up and watch a movie with us,” Stephen stopped her.

“Fine,” she said letting out a sigh. “I’ll be right back down. She went into her room and grabbed her favorite pair of sweat pants and changed into them before going back downstairs. Before she got to the stairs she ran into Stephen.

“Hey Izy do you remember the last time we went to a party together?”

“We both agreed that it never happened. Let’s not talk about it now, Justin is downstairs waiting.”

“But Izy…”

“Stephen your drunk. Come on let’s go downstairs,” she said and held her hand out to him.
The two of them walked downstairs together and to the family room where Justin was already waiting for them with a movie picked out. Justin sat in the only chair in the room leaving the couch for Stephen and Izy. Stephen sat down first and Izy sat down next to him. Part way into the movie he put his arm around her and she let her self lean on him. Before the movie was over she fell asleep on Stephen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay I have one subscriber. Whoever you are you're awesome. I'm pretty excited for this story a have a few ideas. :) Comment and subscribe please it makes me really happy when people do that. I really hope people like this or will like this. Also if you have a picture I could use for the layout that would be awesome or if you wanted to help me out with the layout that would be cool