Cross Your Fingers

Don't You Forget About Me

After sitting for a while in her room Izy just needed to get out of the house. She decided to walk over to see John and walked downstairs. As she was about to call him to tell him she opened the door to see Stephen. He was standing in the doorway with a target bag in his hand. “Izy I wanted to talk to you,” he said.

“Sorry I was just leaving,” she said trying to get past him, but he stayed in the doorway.

“I came here to apologize and I brought some peace offerings.” He reached into the bag and pulled out a container of sour patch kids, which are her favorite candy. “And I know how much you love 80s movies,” he said as he pulled out The Breakfast Club on DVD.

“Fine I forgive you, but only because I don’t already have The Breakfast Club. Come on in you have to watch it with me now.”

Stephen didn’t hesitate to follow Izy into her house. He knew this would work. If he was going to have any chance to get Izy from John he would have to get her back as a friend first. He sat down on the couch and waited while she put the movie in and started. Once she did she sat down on the opposite end of the couch.

“You know you don’t have to sit so far away I’m not going to attack you,” he said.

“That’s what I thought earlier and look how that ended up,” she pointed out.

“I didn’t attack you.”

“That’s what you think but my mouth was violated.”

“Izy you kissed me back. You’re not mad that I kissed you you’re mad that you liked it.”

“That’s enough talking,” she said as "Don’t You Forget About Me" died out and the screen changed to a shot of Shermer High School. “Unless you want me to change my mind about forgiving you I don’t want to hear another word until this is over.” He pretended to zip his lips and remained silent for the rest of the movie. By the time the end credits had started to roll they had moved closer together. She looked up at Stephen from where her head was rested on his shoulder. “So who would you be in The Breakfast Club?” she asked him.

“I’m not sure, but if you were Molly Ringwald I would definitely want to be Judd Nelson,” he said and gently pushed some of her hair behind her ear. She tried to hide how that comment had made her feel. She felt a little awkward and a little flattered. It was hard to completely forget the way she used to feel about Stephen.

“Well I’m not sure I like to think that I’m neither Molly Ringwald or Ally Sheedy. I do know that Justin would totally be Emilio Estevez.”

“Yeah you’re right about that and John would be Anthony Michael Hall.”

“Well Brian was always my favorite.”

“You liar. What girl doesn’t have a thing for bad boys?”

“Well apparently this girl,” she said.

“We both know that’s a lie you just don’t want to admit it.”

“Maybe you should leave now it’s pretty late,” she said. She didn’t like where this was going. If Stephen stayed he might try something again and she might give in, and it actually was pretty late.

“Fine I’ll see you later then,” he said. He didn’t want to get her mad at him again so soon after getting her to forgive him. He left with out protest thinking about how he could get Izy to realize that she should be with him.

Izy wanted to be mad at him. It would make it easier for her if she could just hate him. She just couldn’t though they had been friends for so long and she might of tried to make herself belive that she didn’t feel anything for him after last year but those feelings didn’t completely go away. Just because she still had feeling for Stephen though that didn’t change the way she felt about John. She loved being around him and he would never hurt her like Stephen had. She couldn’t even hate him for that though. Stephen didn’t try to hurt her he thought acting like it never happened was what she wanted. “Ugh why does this have to be so complicated,” she said aloud to herself in frustration.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay another update I really like writing this story. :) I'd like to thank x_o!? and lolianedra for commenting because getting comments make me really happy. subscribers also make me really happy so if you're a subscriber you're awesome. Please comment and subscribe. :D