Status: Typing for Kaitlyn to read before bed! :] <3

Make a Wish

What's in a Name?

Emalina Willow Shootingstar.

Oh, how she wished someone would know her name well enough to whisper it into her ear, with tenderness, love, desire, and affection. A tear splashed its way down her cheek before erupting into a burst of blinding light--the way fairy tears fell.

Tonight, she had no time for crying.

She was on a special quest to Saint Mary's hospital to visit an older teenage girl, who had "accidentally" fallen down the stairs after a heated fight with her mother. Her job tonight involved the strongest of her powers--giving her the idea and strength to seek her private, safe haven somewhere far away, erasing the most painful memories in the girl's mind, and giving her the desire to make and pursue her own dreams and goals. Emalina hated to admit it, but the girl needed love more than she did. The broken girl would soon fall in love, but Emalina might never fall in love--a thought that disgusted her.

She fluttered past hurried doctors, exhausted nurses, gloomy-faced waiting rooms, and heavily fumed closets and into the girl's room.

This girl was beautiful. Her autumn-sun tinted hair splayed out across her pillow and her creamy skin was smooth and unblemished. She was sleeping, but from the look of her slightly knitted eyebrows, her dreams were nowhere near peaceful. Emalina took a few more minutes to gaze at her, then lifted her wand.

"To this girl, give strength to move far away from this life, rid her of her past pains, and let her recognize her purpose." The wand showered light onto the girl's face and hair, making a quiet "shh" sound in its movement. Emalina lowered her wand, kissed the comatose girl, and flew out the cracked hospital window into the night.