Status: Typing for Kaitlyn to read before bed! :] <3

Make a Wish

Paint the Sky

The girl was gone. When had she left? Emalina wondered sleepily. The fairy's sleep had been so intense that she must have slept for days. She silently patted herself on the back for remembering to insert the tracking device. The only thing she had to do now was find the missing girl.

Emalina quietly flew to the familiar cracked window. She peered out, looking for a subtle flash of fuschia in the city below her. After several minutes of searching, she spotted the colors. Now was her chance. She zoned in on her target before slipping out the window and zooming down into the cold night outside.

The girl was headed northeast, probably to the favorite meadow of the fairies. It took several hours for a human to find, but only a few minutes to travel for a fairy. The fairy encouraged the girl to go faster, never following too far behind. Streaks of dawn scattered across the night sky, making the fairy nervous of being discovered.

The sun was almost completely up before the girl settled on a vacant, preferred spot in the predicted meadow. Emalina kept to herself while her girl searched for ways to build shelter and find food for herself. The fairy wanted to help, but knew she couldn't interfere in these tasks. Instead, she lay on her back and gazed at the last glimpses of the stars.

Before she could stop herself, she began imagining her perfect lover. She wanted a soulmate. One with the same voice in her imagination. Handsome and intelligent. Musically gifted. Strong. Soft touch. Her tears splashed into light against the long, green grass. She buried herself in the midst of the blades and cried until her body quivered uncontrollably. How could an imperfect mortal be destined to find love, but a beautiful, mystical, talented fairy's romantic destiny be unknown? It wasn't fair. Life as a fairy wasn't easy for her anymore. She wanted out. She didn't want to go on any more quests. She didn't want to find anyone else to help. She wanted to leave this girl here and make her find her own way. If an imperfect mortal could be loved unconditionally, then so could a one hundred percent perfect girl. So as the sunrise painted the sky, Emalina set off to find love.