Status: Typing for Kaitlyn to read before bed! :] <3

Make a Wish

Comfortably Numb

Two years passed, and not once did she find love. Not even someone to like or feel infatuation. There was nothing. She was beginning to feel like that stupid mortal girl . . . imperfect.

Come to think of it, she hadn't seen that girl at all since the day she left, even with the constant streaks of light breaking through the forest and temporarily staining the sky. Not even a glimpse of the fiery hair or the piercing green eyes. It seemed a little strange, but Emalina felt an intense longing to check on the girl. She was only curious.

Emalina journeyed through the forest until she spied the young girl's cozy cottage--the girl's most prized possession. The fairy scampered to a window and snuck a peek inside the warmly lit house.

The girl was alone. She had no partner, no significant other. She provided for herself and answered to no one else. She made her own decisions and felt confident about them. Even though she was alone, she knew she was safe.

To Emalina, all of this was peculiar. The girl who lived all alone was . . . happy?! She even wore a smile to prove it. Her clothes were colorful, her hair was neat, and her eyes shone. All the signs of happiness and confidence in a young lady. She knew she needed to please no one but herself.

So Emalina lowered her head so the mortal girl could not see the tears of a much dimmer brightness crawl down her cheeks.