Status: I'll post when I have time...not making too many promises.

Crazier

Chapter 2 - Dinner and a Farm Boy (Part 1)

Granddaddy and I got my three bags into the guest room, while Granny went to the kitchen to finish dinner.

“So Granddaddy how’s the farm been?” I asked him on our way down stairs to the kitchen.

“It’s been good Annie. I got three new horses since ya last been o’er and ten new cows.”

“Wow, do you have anyone helping you Granddaddy? That’s a lot of animals to keep up with on top of the garden.”

He just laughed at my question,

“O’ course I do Annie. I found a good lad to help me out in the summers while my usual boys are away. You’ll get to meet him at supper. He’s about your age actually. He’s Ole Man Habig’s grandson.”

“Ole Man Habig the one that lives down by the creek?”

“Yep that’s the one. His grandson was lookin’ for some work and you know Habig doesn’t let family work his land says it’s cheatin’.”

“That sounds like Habig,” I said with a laugh as we entered the kitchen surrounding ourselves in the wonderful smell of Granny’s chicken n’ dumplings.

Granny’s kitchen is painted comforting crème color that will never chip. (Granddaddy would never allow it he knows how much Granny loves the kitchen) It’s actually a rather large kitchen because the space also holds Granny’s hand-made wooden 7 place table her daddy made for her with matching chairs, each chair then held a floral cushion that Granddaddy’s mother made. The floors were wooden and were about the same color as the table. Granny was standing at her new stainless steel stove Granddaddy bought her for her birthday.

“It smells great Granny!” I exclaimed walking closer to watch her cook.

“Well thank you darlin’. Joe, go tell Jasper supper’s ready.” Granny told him as he came up to kiss her check trying to get a taste.

He walked out to the back porch, opened the door and leaning out calling,

“Come in here boy!”

Not five minutes later a boy who looked to be only a year older than me ran through the door. He was quite handsome with tan skin and dark brown hair that hung just above his sky blue eyes. His faint freckles that you don’t notice at first glance just seemed to make him different and more attractive than all the guys back at home. He looked to be about 8 inches taller than me of course I’m only 5’5 so everyone I see tends to be a lot taller than me. He wore a white t-shirt damp with sweat and sticking to his tan muscular frame as well as torn and faded dark wash jeans with dark brown cowboy boots.

His dark brown hair was sticking to his sweaty face and noticing me and now my parents he lifts the bottom of his white t-shirt wiping the sweat from his face to be more presentable and I got a glimpse of his toned stomach.

“Annie this is Jasper Habig.” My grandfather introduced, “Jasper this is my granddaughter Anneliese.”

So this is Jasper Habig. Not bad not bad at all.

“Hello Anneliese nice to meet you miss.” Jasper said taking a few steps closer and extending his hand.

“It’s nice to meet you too Jasper, but please call me Annie.” I told him placing my small hand into his much larger rougher one.

“Will do, Annie.” He said with bright smile that lit up his face letting go of my hand. I smiled in return only to have mine leave my face when my mother spoke up.

“Oh and who is this father.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is so late and I can't promise that I will be posting really soon everything is starting to get really busy. But I'll try! :)
Hope you liked it!
And please tell me what you think!!! :)
- Kat
Ps. Check out this awesome banner by ShakeTramp
http://s325.photobucket.com/albums/k374/Fight-for-you/MIbba%20Banners/?action=view&current=Crazier.jpg