Status: I'll post when I have time...not making too many promises.

Crazier

Chapter 4 - Horseback Riding and Relationships (Part 1)

Granddaddy's pasture was huge around 65 acres of land that included the small pond at the end of the mountain stream. We started making our way towards the pond at a slow trot. It was quiet at first neither one of us wanting to break the peaceful silence. For now we were content to just ride enjoying the nature and the presence of another without having to fill the space with mindless chatter. However as we grew nearer to the small pond I slowly began to feel the weight of the silence bearing down on me.

I looked over at Jasper and noticed that he seemed a bit stiff in the saddle. He probably felt the silence too. Just as I was looking away he glanced towards me. I’m not going to lie it was kind of awkward, the sudden eye contact so I smiled hoping get rid of some of the awkwardness in the air. He smiled back and I realized that I really like his smile; it just fits his face making him all the more charming. I found myself imagining what it would be like to be the cause of that smile, or to kiss his seemingly perfect lips. I felt the heat rising to my cheeks at what I was thinking and turned away so I was not caught by the boy controlling my thoughts.

When the heat had finally left my face we had found ourselves at the pond. The pond was fairly big and probably about 20 feet deep at its center; it could really be considered a small lake. Half of it was surrounded by trees which led back into the forest and up the mountain. The first rock structures of the mountain sat just off the pond near the trees. On one of the stronger trees, near the deeper areas of the lake my uncle had tied a Tarzan swing that we used to spend all day swinging off of into the deep blue waters of the lake. I felt a smile form on my face as I remembered having the best times swinging off that swing with my cousins when we were little; it was the best thing about the lake.

Looking over at Jasper I found him looking at me. I gave him a questioning look tilting my head to the side, my body language asking without words why he had been looking at me. He merely smiled and turned back to the lake in response, which caused my gaze to not leave him. The way the sunlight hit off the water illuminating his face made me long to see him turn back to me with that beautiful smile on his face. To see his eyes gleaming in happiness at being here . . . with me. I shook my head clearing it of those thoughts before looking back at the swing and deciding that I wanted to go for a few swings before heading back in. I dismounted and tied Red off to the posts we had set up here for when we rode the horses out to the lake.

“Where are you going Annie?” Jasper asked after noticing I had dismounted.

“I’m going to go off the Tarzan swing a few times it’s been forever and it used to be so much fun. Do you want to come?”

He nodded and dismounted tying up EJ before following me up to the Tarzan swing. When we reached the swing I turned to Jasper as I began taking off my boot and gesturing for him to do the same.

“Have you ever been off the Tarzan swing?”

He shook his head no and I promise my face turned into one of shock.

“Oh my gosh you have never jumped off the Tarzan swing! How have you survived the summers?

He chuckled at my behavior before telling me, “Granddad has a lake so we went and swam and fished we wanted a swing but Granddad’s pond isn’t deep enough.”

“Well in that case you have to go first.” I told him giving him a shove towards the rope, “Go on its super fun!”

And with those words Jasper grabbed the rope and leapt off the edge of the hill swinging out over the water before letting go and landing with a big splash towards the middle of the lake. I saw his head resurface with that wonderful smile of his on his face as he wiped the excess water away from his eyes. I quickly grabbed the rope before leaping off as well and landing right next to Jasper the water from my splash soaking him once again. I rose from the water laughing to find Jasper look at me like did you really just do that before he began laughing right along with me. We swam over to the main rock structure and Jasper lifted himself onto the rock before helping me to reach it.

I laid down on the rock letting the setting sun begin to dry me. I turned to Jasper to find him laying right beside me with an arm behind his head looking at me. His white t-shirt now soaking wet was sticking to his sun-tanned skin revealing the well toned muscles beneath the shirt. His dark hair still dripping wet was hanging over his eyes and I found myself tempted to push the hair away from his face. He must have felt me looking at him because he turned to face me a smile on his face and his eyes gleaming.

I smiled back, “So did you enjoy your first time off the Tarzan swing?”

He laughed at my question and as I listened to the warm melody I told myself that I had to hear his laugh again.

“Yes I did.” He told me his smile present in his voice. “It was quite the adventure.” He claimed with a smirk on his face winking at me.

His wink causing the heat to yet again rise to my cheeks as I turn away trying not to look like an idiot. A silence grew between us as I tried to calm my flaming cheeks. My cheeks finally began to calm down and I turned back to Jasper only to find him staring at me.

“What are you staring at?” I asked suddenly very self conscious.

“You,” he replied with confidence, “You’re very beautiful you know.”

I felt my cheeks erupt in flames at his words as I tilted my head away from him yet again.

“Thanks.” I meekly replied my face still turned away from him.

I then felt his calloused hand on my chin turning my face towards him.

“You’re welcome Annie,” he all but whispered as his hand slowly brushed my cheek before falling into his lap.

I wasn’t sure my face was able to get any redder until his hand glided across my face and I felt his rough and yet smooth hand on my skin and the tingling sensation his touch left behind. I felt my hand subconsciously move to touch where his hand had touched my cheek. A smile found its way onto my face as I looked up at him to find him smiling at me in return.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so so so so so so so so so so sorry I havent posted. It's been like a year and I really don't have too many excuses for not posting but thanks for sticking with me. I hope you like the chapter! Please let me know what you think.
-Kat