Pride to Shame, All to Blame

This started out as a middle-of-math-class doodle that blossomed into what could become a series.

I'd been a Naruto fan for a while (okay, it had been two weeks with three manga chapters, sue me), and I was doodling little made-up Naruto characters in my sketchpad (this was last school year, back when my teachers didn't care if I got an F), and one of my characters ended up with ivory skin, blue eyes, and long electric blue hair. She looked like a person you'd label the freak, the loner, the one who probably didn't have friends. She looked standoffish, I mean. I decided (being the Einstein I was) to give her a rival, who'd be the perfect popular cliché girl. One thing led to another, and soon they weren't Naruto characters at all; I'd created enough characters to have my own little series going.

But when I tried to write an original fiction, the Naruto characters that Kishimoto-senpai had created began to creep into the plotline. I saved the finished product, and almost a full year later, have unburied it for all to read. It's a little more polished, but I'm proud to present book one of what will hopefully be a series. Please enjoy my story, "Pride to Shame {All to Blame}"

-Blood