Status: Active. Will update as much as I can. Comment/Subscribe.

Home Run

8

Zacky’s POV

The heat radiating off my bed sheets onto my body caused me to not want to get out of bed, but the sun was telling me a different story. I could see the sunlight seeping through my windows causing my sleep to me interrupted. I rolled over and looking at my clock, seeing 9:37. This is probably the earliest I have wakened up in the morning, ever. I’m the kind of person who sleeps until noon or 1:00 p.m. and have the whole day wasted because of me sleeping. I guess today is going to be a different day for me.

I push my covers off of me and get out of bed. After stretching, I throw on a t-shirt and some sweat pants over my boxers, and headed down the kitchen. The first thing that was on my mind when I entered the kitchen was getting the coffee started. I turned of the coffee pot, and the smell coming out of it made me want to speed up the process so I could have my coffee.

While it was brewing, I went to the pantry to see if I could find something decent for breakfast. I saw a box of cereal sitting on the top shelf, so I grabbed and opened it. It looked stale as hell, but I still decided to try it. It was as hard as a fucking rock. I threw the box into the trash can and went over to the fridge to see if I would have better luck finding food. I open the fridge door, and the first thing that I saw were the eggs. I looked over on the counter and saw some bread. Well, I guess I’m having eggs and toast.

I took two eggs, butter, and a pan out and started preparing my breakfast. I put the bread in the toaster and waited for that to finish. When that was done, I put my food on a plate and set it on the table before filling my coffee cup with the most delicious beverage ever, well, besides beer, of course. I sat down at the table and dug into my food. It felt like I haven’t eaten in years, but Stacie was over last night, and we had this really big dinner and ate ice cream while watching movies.

After eating, I put my plate and cup into the sick and went into the living room to watch some TV. I turned it on to ESPN where baseball game highlights were being shown. That got me thinking about Charlie. We talk to each other almost every day about all kinds of shit like how our days are going, and what we plan on doing. I think that she is an awesome person, and I’m glad that I talked to her at the baseball game. She’s easy to talk to, has a great personality, and I feel like I can tell her things that I can’t tell Stacie. That’s saying something because she’s my girlfriend.

My cell phone rang next to me, and Matt came up on the caller id.

“Hey dude, what’s up?”

“Nothing much, man. Are you doing anything today?”

“Not that I know of, why?”

“I’m having a barbeque, and you’re coming.”

“Okay, what time?”

“I would say around six. You still talk to Charlie right?”

“Yeah, why?”

“Invite her and her brother, let her meet the girls.”

“Alright, I’ll text her later. I just need to tell Stacie.”

“Do you really need to invite her?”

“You know that if I don’t invite her, she’s going to find out about it a chew me a new asshole.”

“You’re right. Okay, she can come, but she can’t be a bitch.”

“She’s not always a bitch.”

“Then you must be blind.”

“Shut up, Matt. I gotta call her. See ya at six.

“Alright, bye man.”

I hung up with Matt and called Stacie.

“Hey baby, what’s up?”

“Matt’s having a barbeque, and I want you to come.”

“But I wanted to do other things with you today.”

“Well, you should have called me before Matt called. We could do the things you wanted to do tomorrow.”

“Whatever. What time?”

“I’ll pick you up at six.”

“Okay, I’ll see you then. Love you.”

“Love you too.”

I hung up and went back to watching TV. Until about 3:00 p.m. I watched TV, played video games, played a little guitar, and had lunch. I think it was the right time to text Charlie and ask her.

I was a little nervous because I didn’t know what she was going to say. What happens if she doesn’t want to go? I would feel fucking stupid for asking her and get a no for an answer. If she came, I think we all would have a blast. The only thing I’m worried about is Stacie. Stacie can be, as I said before, a bitch, and I don’t want Stacie to ruin Charlie’s time with all of us.

I opened my cell phone and went under my contacts. I scrolled down to Charlie’s name and pressed new text message. I asked her if she was doing anything and if not, if she wanted to come to the cookout. She replied and said she would love to. I told her to be at Matt’s house at six. That was easier than I thought.

It was around 5:30 when I thought it was a good time to pick Stacie up. I drove the fifteen minute drive to her house and saw her standing outside already, waiting for me. When I pulled into the driveway, she got into the car and kissed my cheek before I pulled out of the driveway to head to Matt’s house.

“Is there anyone other than the guys and girls going to be there?” Stacie asked.

“Yeah, there’s going to be one other girl and her brother. The guys and I met her when we went to the baseball game.” I told her.

“Is she some like groupie or whore?”

“No, even though she’s a fan. She said something about the game, and since I was sitting next to her, I asked her what was going on.”

“You talked to the bitch?”

“She’s not a bitch, Stacie. She’s pretty cool.”

“You’re not supposed to be saying that about other women, Zachary. You’re only supposed to say that about me.”

“Well, I’m not going to lie about someone.”

“Just shut up.”

The rest of the car ride to Matt’s house was silent expect the music I had to put on because the silence was just irritating me to no end. I pulled to the side of the road in front of Matt’s house, and we both got out of the car. Stacie was still not saying a word to me, so she walked in front of me to the backyard. When we got to the back, the rest of the guys were already there, but Charlie and Keegan hadn’t shown up yet.

“What’s up Zee-Man?” Brian shouted across the yard.

“Would you stop calling me that? That name is fucking ridiculous.” I said while laughing.

“What do you want me to call you, Fatty?” Brian laughed and hi-fived Jimmy, who was sitting next to him.

“Zacky-Poo is not fat. He’s perfect for me.” Stacie said.

“That’s good to know.” Johnny said.

He said something under his breath, but I didn’t catch it.

The doorbell rang, and Val went to get the door.

“Do you think that’s Charlie and Keegan?” Matt asked.

“Well, I told her to be here by six, so it would be.” I told him.

Val came back and with her were Charlie and Keegan. We all said hi and let Charlie go with the girls while Keegan stayed with us manly men. We talked and got to know each other more until Stacie came back over to us and sat down on my lap with a pout on her face.

“What’s the matter?” I asked her, pushing hair behind her ear.

“They’re being mean to me.” She pouted.

“How so?” I asked again.

“Charlie, the bitch, said she didn’t like me.”

“What made her say that?”

“I told her I didn’t like her.”

“Well, you shouldn’t have said that.”

She huffed, turned forward, and leaned against by chest. Matt called for the girls and told them it was time to eat. I saw Charlie sitting at the picnic table by herself, and I thought since I invited her, I should sit with her. She told me, in so many words, that my girlfriend is a bitch. A lot of people have been thinking that.

Stacie came barging down the patio steps, demanding why I was sitting next to Charlie. She was very pissed off when I told her that I was the one that invited her, and she pulled me off the bench and took me away from Charlie. Her face was so sad when I turned around and looked at her. Stacie had no right to pull me away from her. If Stacie was a dude, I would have probably smacked her so hard; she wouldn’t know what hit her.

I saw Matt comforting her; that should be me not him. At this very moment, I’m having second thoughts about my relationship. Today was the first day I realized that Stacie really is a bitch, and she doesn’t fit in at all with this group. Charlie and Keegan fit perfectly in our group, having me think that if Charlie hangs out with us more, then it would cause Stacie to go away. I have to think about this more some other time.

We all got our food and sat down to eat. Charlie wasn’t looking at me at all during dinner. It made me sad to think that I made her sad. Today was supposed to be a good day for both of us, hanging out and getting to know each other, but it’s starting to turn out to be the worst day.

After we all ate, we headed for the pool. Stacie hates getting wet, so when Brian splashed her, I thought it was the funniest thing in the world. Jimmy wanted to play chicken, and as I thought about it, Charlie would have to be my partner because there is not way in hell Stacie is getting into this water.

When it was our turn, to be honest, I felt a little awkward. I didn’t know if she would feel comfortable doing this, so that caused me to feel uncomfortable. I got over that feeling when she told me to do whatever I had to do to get her on my shoulders. When she got up there, it felt natural. I felt that she should be the only one on my shoulders, and no one else.

When she hugged me, I didn’t want to let her go. She fit just right in my arms; she was the right height, right size, everything was right. When I hug Stacie, it’s not this perfect. She is just a little bit shorter than me, so my arms don’t go where they are supposed to, and when she wears high heels, she taller than I am, and I can’t have that. The guy is always supposed to be taller than the girl, always.

I know that I like Charlie a lot, but could we ever be more than friends? Can we get past this stage of not just being regular friends and being best friends? If this is going to happen, I have to do something about Stacie, but I’ve been with her for over a year. It would feel like I wasted a whole year with her. I couldn’t see getting married to her, so maybe the sooner I break up with her, the better. If I wait too long, I might not break up with her and end up marrying her anyway.

I have a lot to think about.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's chapter eight, Zacky's chapter.

Comment please.

I hope you like it.

Thanks.