Status: Active. Will update as much as I can. Comment/Subscribe.

Home Run

9

Charlie’s POV

I heard my cell phone vibrate on my nightstand next to my bed. I looked at my clock and saw that it was a little after midnight.

“Who is fucking calling me at this time of night?” I mumbled to myself as I answered my phone.

“This better be fucking important to be calling me this late.” I said, not even looking at the caller id.

“I’m sorry for calling you, Charlie, but this is important.” I heard Brian on the other end.

That woke me up more. None of the guys, except Zacky, usually call me unless they ask me to do something with them or ask me a question, so this call must be really important if Brian’s calling me this late at night.

“What’s the problem?” I asked sitting up.

“All of us were over at Matt’s house, just hanging out and what not, and we got to the topic of girlfriends. We all started talking about them, and Zacky said something about Stacie that didn’t sit with any of us by the looks we were giving each other, and Matt said something about it. Zacky got mad, and we all got into a screaming match, and then Zacky ran out of the house, slamming the door behind him.” Brian told me.

“What did he say?” I asked, afraid of what the answer was going to be.

“He said that he couldn’t get any better than Stacie. He said that no other woman would put up with his shit. He said that he’s afraid of being single, so he just stays with her.”

I can’t believe Zacky would say that. Anyone is better than Stacie, and any girl would love to have Zacky as a boyfriend. He’s good-looking, sweet, nice, and treats a girl how they love to be treated. Stacie doesn’t deserve Zacky being her boyfriend. She needs to find someone just a rude and selfish as her. Zacky is definitely not the right guy for her.

“So, why are you calling me at this hour and telling me about all this?” I asked him.

“All of us think that you should go talk to him. We know he’s not going to listen to us because of what we said to him, so we think he would listen to his girl best friend and put some sense in that brain of his.” Brian said.

I thought about it for a moment. If I go and talk to him, what if he doesn’t listen to me and gets mad at me? I wouldn’t be able to handle Zacky being mad at me. I like having him in my life, and I don’t know if I would like him out of it. Even though I like him a lot, I would rather have him as a friend than nothing at all.

“Okay Brian, I’ll go talk to him.” I sighed.

“Great, we will love you forever for doing this. He goes to the beach when he’s like this, so just go there, and he should be sitting right by the water.” Brain said before hanging up on me.

I plopped my head back on my pillow and just stared at the ceiling. I couldn’t believe I was doing this. Why couldn’t Gena do this? She dated Zacky in the past, so she should know what goes on in that brain of his. I have only known him for a short amount of time. I don’t know him that well.

I pulled the covers off of me and got out of bed. I put on a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie before going into the bathroom to fix my hair. I put it into a high ponytail and walk downstairs towards the front door. I put on my black flip flops before heading out to my car. I got in and pulled out of the driveway to go to the beach.

I have never been out this late before, and it was starting to freak me out. When I looked out the window, I would see prostitutes walking down the street, looking for a trick. I shivered, thinking how nasty those girls were, and continued driving. I pulled into the parking lot of the beach and got out of the car. I walked down the sand path to the beach and saw a silhouette of a person sitting right by the shore line.

It had to be Zacky.

As I was walking towards Zacky, I just watched his actions. Sometimes, he would just stare into space. He would throw a rock that he found while digging in the sand in the ocean. He would push his feet into the sand to bury them. To me, it looked like he wanted to be alone, but my heart ruled out my brain, and I walked over to him and sat down next to him. We sat in silence, both of us staring out into the ocean.

“Let me guess, Brain called you and told you to come talk to me.” Zacky said, breaking the silence.

“Yeah, he did.” I whispered.

“Why the fuck would he do that? He knows, as well as the rest of the guys, that when I come to the beach, I want to be alone. I don’t want to talk about any of this. I just want to think by myself.”

I just let him talk about all his feelings. I know it’s not good to hold your feelings in, so he, by doing this, is helping him get everything off his chest. I could see Zacky doing something that he would regret if all this was bottled up inside of him, and I don’t want that happening to him.

“Do you like Stacie?” He asked, stopping his rambling.

“What?” I asked, not expecting him to ask me that.

“Do you like Stacie, and I want the truth?” He asked again.

I thought about what I was going to say before saying it.

“To be honest with you, I don’t. She’s rude and selfish, and she only cares about herself. I also think she uses you. If she has a job, why would she need money from you when she has her own money? Do you honestly think she has a job, or did she lie to you? If she has lied to you about that, what else has he lied about?” I told him with all honesty.

As I said all this, he never looked at me, just stared at the ocean like he has been doing all night. I think that he doesn’t like being told when something is wrong. He just wants to live life where everything is good, but that’s never going to happen.

“That’s what the guys basically said.” He told me, finally turning to look at me.

His eyes weren’t the bright green color they always are. Now they’re a dark green with sadness in them. I hate seeing him like this. It breaks my heart.

“Zacky, you need someone better, someone that deserves what you want to give to her, someone who appreciates you.” I whispered to him.

“Nobody wants me. I’m a fucking rock star. All the girls think I’m a cheater when I’m on tour, and that I’m a huge dick to women when I’m not.”

“Then you have to prove to those women that you aren’t like that. Just be who you are.”

“What do you think of me, Charlie?” He asked me.

“Do you really want me to tell you?” I asked back.

“Yeah, and again, I want honesty.”

“Zacky, I think you’re a great guy. You’re sweet, nice, funny, good-looking, and so many other things. You put everyone before yourself, and that’s the best thing and worst thing about you. You put yourself after good people, but not the good ones. You’re too nice in certain situations. When you’re with your friends, you’re yourself, but when Stacie’s added to the mix, it all changes. It would be different if everyone liked her, but they don’t. Everyone thinks she’s a bitch, even me.”

“She wasn’t like that in the beginning. She actually was really nice and got along with everybody, but when being a rock star’s girlfriend got to her head, everything changed. When we go on tour, when fans ask me for autographs and pictures, she doesn’t let me do that. I love when fans come up to me, it shows that people actually like us and support us. She doesn’t get that.”

“You need to tell her that.”

“I have, hell, all the guys and girls have, but it doesn’t sink into her thick head.”

“Zacky, do you love her anymore?”

He stopped talking, and took a deep breath.

“There are some days I do, and other days, I don’t.”

“Do you think this relationship is at the end of its wire?”

“I think, but I would feel bad if I dumped her because she’s more into this relationship than I am.”

“Well then, it’s better to do it sooner or later.”

“You’re right; I just don’t know that right time to do it.”

“You’ll find the right time, Zacky.”

“I want to thank you for coming out here with me, and I’m sorry about what I said earlier.” He told me, pulling me into a hug.

“It’s no problem, Zacky, and I forgive you.” I told him, returning the hug.

While we were hugging, I thought about this situation with Zacky. I know he will do the right thing in the end, but I hope it’s the right decision, and not the wrong one.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is chapter nine.

Sorry it's been so long, college is starting to take over my life, haha.

Comments would be great.

Hope you like it.

Thanks.