Sequel: The Heart Stealer
Status: Complete.

I'm Finding Me Out

Epilogue

Roxxie’s POV

The ceremony had been perfect – just like a fairytale. I couldn’t have wished for anything more. I wouldn’t have minded where or when I got married, as long as it was to Matt. The reception was in a huge hall, and all the guests stood up at their seats when we entered. We took our seats at the bridal table before everyone else.

The night passed as though I were in a dream. My father said the most beautiful speech, which only caused me to cry. Matt’s Dad was so proud of him, and told him so in his speech. Everyone laughed when he said he couldn’t believe a kid with a face like Matt’s could end up with a girl as pretty as me. I blushed madly, and told Matt that he was the most handsome man I’d ever laid eyes on – which was true.

People clinked their glasses with their knives and forks to make us kiss way too many times, but we didn’t mind. We ate and had a few glasses of wine before it reached the point of the night I had been dreading since we entered the reception hall – our first dance.

I was a terrible dancer. Matt knew that better than anyone, but this only humoured him more. He laughed when he saw the look on my face when we were called onto the dance floor. Travis Clark took his place on the small stage to the side of the dance floor and started to play, as Matt took me in his arms.

I looked up at him nervously, before glancing down at my feet. He held my chin in his hand and made me look at him. “You’ll be fine,” he said with a laugh, pressing a kiss to my lips. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck, allowing him to guide me around the dance floor. Travis sung one of my favourite songs by his band, We The Kings, that suited Matt and I so well, called “You And Only You.”

At the conclusion of the song, everyone joined us on the dance floor, as the DJ took over for Travis, starting up a faster song. Everyone was already a little drunk, and some of the dance moves they were pulling were completely ridiculous. Matt and I went a bit crazy, and laughed together the whole time as we jumped around the dance floor.

Jack and Kelly were going completely mental. They’d been through a lot in the past year. Especially as Jack had been so hesitant to get into another relationship after his previous failed attempts. But they’d both pulled through and were really happy together now. They were living together in small apartment and everyone in the band loved her. Jack’s Mom was her biggest fan. Kelly had really changed Jack. You could tell in the extra-special way he smiled at her just how much he adored her. Everyone was certain they’d have a bright future together.

As for Alex and Addison, they’d been together ever since they got back together on the tour. They were stronger than ever and really, really happy. Addison was pregnant and expecting her first child with Alex in eight month’s time. The only ones that knew were Alex, Rian, Matt and I. Alex and Addison wanted to keep it quiet until after our wedding, not wanting to take our “thunder.” I was so excited for them, and so proud of my little sister and how far she’d come. Over the past year she had really matured and learnt to let go of childish things.

Everything was falling into place. Alex and Addison were happy, Jack and Kelly were just perfect together, Zack had recently started hanging out with a lovely girl named Katie and Rian finally plucked up the courage to ask Cassadee out on a real date. She said yes.

But most of all, Matt and I were finally married, and we’d gotten the happily ever after we’d always wanted.
♠ ♠ ♠
The end x