Status: Active

Maybe This Time It'll Be Happily Ever After

Maybe This Time It'll Be Happily Ever After (06)

Chapter 6
-- Drama

-Alex’s POV-

Carrie stopped talking and looked stunned. I follow her gaze and saw some guy with a chick walk in. I looked back at Carrie, but now she was just staring at her plate. Jack, always the happy one, looked apologetic, understanding what was going on. He broke the silence.
“So..” Jack said, unsure what to do next.
“I’m sorry guys, what were we talking about again?” Carrie asked.
“Oh, yeah. There was this one time..” Jack started a whole new story, knowing Carrie wasn’t in a joking mood at the moment.
I just noticed that the guy and girl that walked in were sitting behind us. I tried to listen in on their conversation.
“But Mary,” The guy said. “I love her.”
“Yeah? Well, you should have thought about that before you we—“
“Okay, okay! Jeez!” the guy said, interrupting who I assumed Mary was.
“Nick,” the girl started, raising her voice. “YOU lost Carrie [(shocker!) to Alex that is], because YOU decided she wasn’t good enough.” My head snapped to Carrie as soon as I heard her name.
Everybody was now looking at their table. Carrie suddenly stood up and everyone’s gaze shifted to her.
“I have to go” She said, her voice cracking.
“Carrie?!” the guy asked, looking surprised. But she was gone.
By now, I snapped out of my trance, stood up and walked towards the door after her, telling the guys I’d talk to them later.
“Hey! Where are you going?” Nick said, directed to me. But I left, looking for Carrie.

Almost immediately, I saw Carrie walking down the sidewalk. I quickened my pace and soon caught up with her.
“Carrie,” I said softly.
She looked up at me, quickly drying her eyes. I took a step towards her and wrapped my arms around her in a hug. Her body stiffened. Then I said “It’s okay, you know.”
She then wrapped her arms around me and cried.

-Carrie’s POV-

When I finished crying into his now tear-stained shirt, I looked up at him.
What is up with me and crying lately? What if he thinks I’m such a sook?
Unexpectedly, he put his thumb to my cheek and wiped away the last of my tears.
Wow! I didn’t expect that.
He is so sweet
*eye roll*
Tell me you don’t think he’s sweet then!
Oh, I never said he wasn’t. ;)
I instantly felt butterflies fluttering in my stomach, after my mental battle.
He took my hand and led me down the sidewalk in silence until we were at a park. We sat down at a bench and he started talking, still looking at our intertwined hands. You’d think it’d be weird, us holding hands, but it wasn’t, well not to me. It was actually quite nice.
“Carrie,” He started, sighing. “Do you want to talk about it?”
I hope he doesn’t think I’m an emotional bitch. I broke down in his house only yesterday and once again today. Well, here goes.
“Well, you see Nick was my fian...”
I told him everything. And I mean EVERYTHING. Starting from how we met, then how he called like there was no tomorrow.
“Wow.” He said. “I can’t believe it.”
I nodded.
“First off, how could he cheat on someone like you? I mean, is he sick or something?” Alex said.
I was lucky it was dark, so he couldn’t see the blush on my cheeks. I was probably as red as a tomato.
Bi-polar much
WHAT?
Well, first you’re all cry here, cry there and now you’re freaking blushing.
Haha, we are one person, remember? So you just called yourself bi-polar bitch!
Yeah? Well, you just called yourself a bitch! So humph!
Remind me to get a new conscience because you’re starting to annoy me.
Same person remember?
“You know, we have so much in common. I mean, the same thing happened to me. I once had this girlfriend who totally screwed me over..”

I learned a lot about Alex last night. Like how he used to be a man-whore, then how his then-girlfriend changed him, how she broke his heart and how he went back to his old self. I personally think it’s crazy. I mean, why do we hurt each other? How does it make anything right, right?

Alex drove me home, since I didn’t have a car. It was silent, but not an awkward kind of silence. More like a comforting one. He pulled up in my drive way, and walked me to the door, with his hands stuffed in his pockets. When we got to the door, I turned around, smiled up at him and sincerely thanked him, for being there for me. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed the top of my head. My heart was beating so fast, I thought he could hear it. Butterflies filled my stomach and I held my breath. He smiled at me, leaned down. He put his lips to my ear.
“Good night” he whispered, me barely hearing it since my head was swarming. Then he walked away.
Uh-oh. I think I fell. Hard.

-Alex’s POV-

My heart was doing somersaults in my chest and my hands were all sweaty as I walked away from Carrie. What’s happening? I don’t know. Could this be..? I shook the thought from my mind, even though I knew it was true. True that, even though we just ‘met’ a few days ago, that I fell for her.