We'll Make It

We'll Make It

There were rules to what we did. They were simple but if they were broken it could spell the end of not only our friendship but the band.

1. We are NOT in love, nor will we ever be.
2. Never speak of it.
3. No emotions.

I could sense though that Andy was not happy with these rules. Unlike me he couldn't just fuck and leave.

AS WE PICK UP THE PIECES AND WE'RE JUST FINDING OUT

As he danced next to me in the crowded dance club, I watched his skinny ass move to the bass line. Thoughts of what we might do tonight, once we got back to the hotel room.

He flipped his hair back and looked at me.

AN ONCOMING RUSH OF LUST, AN UNAVOIDABLE THREAT

I would fuck him into the mattress for sure. The only problem with this was ever time I did, we were one step closer to breaking the rules. Not me, but him. The number one rule, we are not in love.

THE CHEMICAL REACTION BETWEEN THESE TWO, ONE FALLS IN LOVE....

Well as long as he didn't confess to having any feelings then everything would be fine. He slender body moved towards me.

"Let's get out here" he whispered in my ear before taking my hand and leading me out the back door into the alley.

AND THE OTHER JUST MAKES A MOVE

He braced me up against the wall kissing me with force. I gained control of him and pulled his hips into mine.

PASSIONATE AND BREATHING HEAVY WITHOUT A CARE, TOGETHER THEY MAKE ON HELL OF A NIGHT

He looked up at me with those beautiful blue eyes. I honestly couldn't say that I didn't have any feelings for him at all. But trust me when I say they were purely lust.

LYING ON THE DANCE FLOOR KNOWING WHAT THEY'VE DONE

We'd be the exception two people can be just friends with benefits no feelings attached. And this would work as long as no one got any feelings.

LET'S GET OUT OF HERE AND TAKE THIS FURTHER HE SAID

"Mm, do you wanna go back to the hotel?" I asked before biting at his neck.

He moaned latching onto me.
"No, let's stay here" he said giggling.

Works for me.

LET'S HEAT IT UP NOW BABY

"You're so hot tonight" I said.

"Aren't I always?" He commented back with a laugh.

LET'S HEAT IT UP NOW BABY YEAH

I let my hands slide up his thin shirt. Such a nice body. Besides our hotel was just a mile away from here, we could walk.

YEAH, LET'S HEAT IT UP NOW BABY

I let my hands slip down to the top of his skinny jeans, tugging on them asking to enter.

"Mmm, not yet Ash" he said breaking our kiss, and pulling my hands back up to his waist.

LET'S TEAR THIS NIGHT UP LIKE WE KNOW WE SHOULD

"Then let's head back to the hotel" I suggested. He nodded and took my hand heading in the direction of it.

BOY, I HAVE SOMETHING I DON'T WANT TO SAY

The streets were dark, except for the occasional street light. He rested his head on my shoulder watching the few cars drive by as we walked.

BUT I'LL HAVE TO EXPLAIN IT ANYWAYS ABOUT MY TRUE INTENTIONS

I had this uneasy feeling like tonight, the rules would be broken.
"Is something wrong?" I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders.

IF YOU REMEMBER THE LAST TIME YOU FELL IN LOVE....

As far as I knew Andy had only been in love one other time, needless to say it didn't work out. Now he swore that he would never do it again, thus this lead to us.

But the look in his eyes told a different story. He stopped walking and just looked down at his feet.

YOU FELL RIGHT DOWN AND GOT BACK UP AGAIN

"I can't do this" he finally spoke.

"Why, are you not feeling good or something?"
"No, that's not it.." he said trailing off.

WE SAID THAT THIS LOVE WOULD LAST FOREVER

"So then what is it?" I asked already knowing the answer.

"I mean, just never mind" he said beginning to walk again. If he wasn't going to say I would.

AND NOW I CAN'T STAND THE SIGHT OF YOU, YOU FAKED IT!

I grabbed his hands pulling him back against the fence, kissing him.

He pushed me away.

"Ashley, no I can't"
"Why not?"
"Because I-"
"You broke the rules?" he looked like he was about to cry.

"Yes" I picked his chin up so that he was looking at me.

"It's okay, I did too"

SO I FINALLY TOLD YOU WHAT YOU WANTED TO KNOW

"Which one?" he asked with anxiety in his voice.

"The one that prevents me from saying this..."

TAKE ME BACK TO THE PLACE WHERE YOU WANT TO GO

"I love you" I said letting it roll off my tongue. His eyes lite up.

"I love you too" he said back.

MAYBE THERE'S A FUTURE FOR US JUST MAYBE JUST MAYBE!

Our lips meet again.
"So what does this mean?"
"It means let's give this a try"

LET'S MAKE BELIEVE THIS WAS ALL A DREAM

"How long?" I asked.

"Awhile now" he answered.

NEVER HAPPENED DON'T KNOW WHY I WAS SO MEAN

"And you?"
"A long time baby" he smiled.

WE'RE DESTINED TO BE SET AS ONE, WE'LL MAKE IT, WE'LL MAKE IT

I hugged him tight before taking his hand and walking off to our hotel, not as cheap on night lovers, but as the loves of each others lives.

SPEAK TO ME, SO NOW YOU SEE, THERE'S MORE THEN A GOOD CHANCE THAT WE'LL MAKE IT, WE'LL MAKE IT!
♠ ♠ ♠
Changed some of the lyrics to fit the genders.