Change

Kidnapped

I woke up, unable to move. Everything was black, and my body felt constricted by some sort of fabric, though I wasn’t quite sure what it was.

“He’s waking up,” a familiar voice said, “what do we do with him?”

Were they talking about me? My heart began to race and my body flailed, well tried to, and I began hyperventilating. I felt a blow to my stomach and tensed up.

“Knock it off,” someone else said. “Let’s just leave him here. Maybe his precious lover will find him and save the day. Or maybe he’ll just rot here.” The room was booming with laughter now. This time, there was no moving, no nothing. My blindfold became wet with tears as I heard them leave. I heard a door lock, and now I was alone.

I screamed for Ryan, but I didn’t know where he was, or where I was, or how I even got here. And I knew there was no escape.

-Ryan’s POV-

It was nearly 5, now, and I was still waiting by Brendon’s car. He had the keys, and I couldn’t really get home any other way. My mind was racing in a million directions, though. Where the fuck could he be? What was he doing? Was he hurt? What’s going on? And I started cursing myself out for not charging my cell phone last night.

I was sitting on the asphalt, leaning against his car tire, crying miserable tears. I wanted my Brendon. I wanted him here with me. He was scaring me, not showing up like this. It was too out of the ordinary. I preferred the ordinary.

It was getting dark, but I didn’t move. My ears detected the presence of someone else by their footsteps.

“Who’s there?” I asked. I didn’t care if I was about to be jumped or something because frankly, I had a feeling something bad had happened to Brendon, and if he was gone, well I wanted to be gone, too.

“Ryan?” I felt a bit of relief when I heard Patrick’s voice. He was the nice one, if I remembered things correctly. “Ryan, Brendon’s in trouble.”

He needn’t say another word. I shot up from my sulky position and looked him straight in the eye. “Where the fuck is he, Patrick?”

“Ryan, you gotta listen to me, I had nothing to do with this. I didn’t want this to happen. You see, it all started when Pete was gonna jump you guys, right? I wasn’t going to intervene because there’s really no stopping Pete once he gets an idea going. Then he started getting this idea that he should kidnap one of you and see how long you guys would last. He ended up kidnapping just Brendon though. I don’t know how or why or when or where the fuck they went, though.”

“Wh-WHAT THE FUCK?” I screamed bloody murder. “WHERE ARE YOU, BRENDON? WHERE ARE YOU?”

Patrick sighed, “Ryan, screaming like that is getting you nowhere. I think I have an idea of where he is, but you’ll have to trust me.”

“I don’t care, just take me to him, please.” I was having a mental breakdown. My worst nightmare of the day had become a reality as I continued my little hissy fit.

Patrick beckoned me over to his car, and he drove me down to some old abandoned warehouse. “Yup,” he said, “this is where the guys and I practice. We’re gonna start a band some day, you know.”

“Why the fuck would you start a band with THOSE bastards?”

He looked down, a little hurt, but I didn’t care too much. “Sorry, but come on now, this is just horrible.”

“Yeah, I know…” he said.

I got out of his car and went towards the nearest entrance. Locked. God dammit. I ran around and tried multiple doors, each one failing me. I began banging on one of them and screaming, “BRENDON? ARE YOU IN THERE? CAN YOU HEAR ME?”

I could hear a muffled response, but not much. “PATRICK? HOW DO I GET IN HERE?”

He was still standing at the car, watching me flail around like an idiot. “You know, Ryan,” he called out, “it would help if you got the keys.” They jingled between his fingers in the air.

“You know, Patrick,” I started, “it would help if you told me that first.” He only laughed.

I ran back to the door and started screaming again, “BRENDON. I’M GONNA GET YOU OUT OF THERE. DON’T WORRY!” I pushed the key into the lock and carefully turned it. When I laid my eyes on what was behind the door, I froze in horror. What happened here?
♠ ♠ ♠
You won't believe what happened there.