Change

Invitation

The next morning I woke up to a beautiful dream about him, yet I was completely empty. As my hands rubbed my eyes open, I recalled what had happened the night before – absolutely nothing. I don’t believe anyone on this earth has ever had such an awkward experience before.

I sat up in bed and let out a hopeful sigh. I was sure that today he wouldn’t even glance at me. I was too dejected to attempt messing with my appearance today, so I left my hair stay a curly mess and my face eyeliner-less. I looked the opposite of what I had yesterday – completely straight. Maybe this would help my cause for now.

I made my way to school, slowly. Once I was actually there, I hesitated to go in again, but for different reasons. I put on a brave face and walked in the building, making my way to homeroom. My seat was waiting for me, next to Brendon. He waved hello to me, but talked to Sarah. Of course. Her selfish, flirty giggles gave me hives. My body was somewhat frigid as she spoke of how much she loved him. I averted my attention out the window to my left, waiting for the bell for first period to ring.

I let out a gasp as a small tap on the shoulder scared the shit out of me in the middle of a not-so-innocent daydream. I heard his voice, but didn’t hear the words coming through his luscious lips.

“I’m sorry, what was that?”

Brendon smirked, “I’m throwing a party this weekend, my parents are going to be out of town. Wanna come?”

My eyes lit up like a little puppy’s. Of course I wanted to come. I eagerly accepted the invitation while instantly conjuring convoluted plans on how to knock the straight out of him.

The bell rang, and once again, we walked to first hour together. It was a replay of the first day. Every second was the same as before. I was not content with this. I wanted things to move quickly. The only thing my mind could focus on was getting with Brendon, and getting in his pants.

It was only Tuesday, but the second I got home, I was digging through every single corner of my room for the perfect outfit. I needed not only to look great at the party, but I needed to make even the straightest of them flail at my appearance. This was a hobby I have perfected over the years, and this time, I really needed it.

Eventually, I picked out a very special outfit I rarely wore. It was for special occasions that only led to heinous acts of sexuality. It was a vest of a rich shade of scarlet embroidered with beautiful flowered designs. Gold buttons lined the middle, along with a few short chains. Roses covered the right shoulder and fluttered down to the chest. Underneath I’d wear an ivory button up shirt with ruffles covering the cuffs and chest. Black skinny jeans and a matching red sash would finish the look.

Once I was fully satisfied with my future appearance, I hit the books. Homework never took too long in the first lessons of the year, so I finished quickly. My stomach growled a bit after I finished, so I made a quick dinner of ramen noodles. I was left with absolutely nothing to do, but it was only 5:30.

I heard my dad walk in the front door. He was home early. The scent of alcohol traveled upstairs to my room. My mind acted quickly as I jumped into bed and acted as if I had been sleeping all afternoon. My bedroom door creaked open, and the alcoholic smell of evil took shape in my room. I ignored it as hard as I could, denying his presence. He croaked unintelligible mumbles, and left while slamming my door shut. Too traumatized to even bother getting up, I stayed in bed and fell asleep quickly, waiting for tomorrow to come as quickly as possible.
♠ ♠ ♠
It came a day late, but here's chapter 3. I didn't have writer's block this time, thank god. I'd just like to take a second to thank my lovely readers and subscribers for giving me the initiative to continue this. Thanks guys! I already have some great ideas for chapter 4, so keep your eyes peeled for the next chapter.