One Last Kiss Before I Go

Welcome to Huntington Beach

I honestly can't believe how fast the time went. It honestly feels like yesterday that I got my acceptance letter and that was in March. Now it’s August and I'm leaving for California tomorrow. I framed said acceptance letter and hanged it in my trophy room, I thought it was monumental enough to go in my trophy room.

My friends decided to hold a good bye party for me and that meant hanging in my mom's restaurant and just chilling. Kathy pouted as she put down her Pepsi. "I can't believe you're leaving us."

I smirked as I took a sip of my mountain dew. "That I am. But hey, I'll be back during Christmas and whatnot."

Not only did Kathy pout, but Alissa, Chris, Josh, and pretty much everyone else pouted as well.

I guess moving away to another country was something they didn't want me to do. I figured that they'd be used to me being gone all the time, considering all the competitions and tours I do. Still, it must be hard for them. I sighed, "I promise I'll visit. Does that make you guys feel better?"

They nodded.

"You are going to have fun, Missy."

I turned around to see my father standing against the doorframe of my room. My three year old siblings, Jenna and Codey, ran into my room, caring their cats. Jenna sat on my bed and rubbed her cat, Marja's, head. "We're going to missy you sissy.."

Codey hugged my leg. "Do you have to go?"

I rubbed Codey's head and said, "Yes, I have to go. But, don't you worry. Cause I'll be back."

Codey let go of my leg and got his cat, Jet, from the floor. Jenna hugged me after Codey did and walked out of my room. My dad sighed as I finished packing. "My baby girl's all grown up and is leaving."

I looked at him. "God, I'm going away to college not Mars!"

He shrugged. "Still, it honestly seems like yesterday that I'd see you drinking out of the hose when you were three."

I made a face and said, "I don't remember that."

My mom walked in and threw a fit when she saw that I still up. "Melissa Victoria Levine, its 11:30 pm and your flight is at 3:00am! Go to sleep!"

I pouted and said, "Yes, mommy."

My parents left and I crawled into my bed. I stared at the ceiling for a bit realizing that this was my last night in my own room for awhile.

"Now landing in Hunting Beach, California. Please remain seated as we land."

I looked out the window. One of my best friends, Ryan, lives over here and said it reminded him a lot like Brisbane. Considering we both are from Brisbane, I think I was going to like it as well. From what I saw, it looked amazing.

I walked out of the terminal with my element messenger bag over my shoulder. Several people walked passed me, each content with their own thing. Then it hit me. I was in a different country and I have no clue what Zacky looks like now. I mean, the last time I saw him was like three years ago and that doesn't help much. I sat on a bench and sighed. "I am such a fucktart." Then I heard someone yell, "Missy!"

A guy around 22-23 ran towards me. I instantly recognized him as my cousin. How you may ask? He's got the same green eyes as me. Anyway, Zacky spun me around as he hugged me. "This is so no the same scrawny girl that I saw three years ago! You're an imposter!"

I laughed, "Good to see you too, Zacky."

He got my bags and put them in the back of his car. I pressed my head against the window and watch the scenery pass as he drove to his house. "So, how's Jenna and Codey?"

"They're good."

He turned onto a street after around 15 minutes of driving. It looked like he lived in a nice neighborhood. "I think the guys are over..."

I looked at him, curious. "My friends...band mates.."

I nodded. "Oh."

He pulled into his driveway and notice a dog at his neighbor's house. It honestly looked really familiar. "Hey Zacky, who lives next door?"

He looked to the house I was pointing too as he got my bags. "Uhh I forget."

I rolled my eyes and caught the keys he tossed to me. I opened the door and walked in. "It looks like Zacky has a new fuck buddy."

I made a face as I turned to the side. Four guys were sitting in the living room. Zacky closed the door as he walked in. "That's just wrong, guys. This is my cousin, Melissa or Missy for short."

I heard a couple of guys go "oh.." as I sat down. If there was one thing I hate, its being around people I don't know, a small case of social anxiety but still.

So, I played with one of the charms on my bracelet, I honestly didn't want to be the first one talking. Luckily, I wasn't. "Hey, I'm Matt," said the guy wearing sunglasses.

I cocked my head and asked, "Why exactly are you wearing sunglasses inside?"

"Because, I'm special," he replied.

Oh that just totally set him up. "In the head?"

Everyone laughed. "I'm sorry but you set yourself up for it."

Matt shrugged. "It's all good."

Another guy walked towards me and held out his hand. "I'm Johnny."

I stood up and gave him a hug. "Yay, I feel tall for once! So you get a hug!"

Johnny smirked, "Cool, I get a hug from a hot chick!"

I sat back down and another guy walked towards me, sitting down next to me. "I'm Jimmy, aka The Rev."

I pouted because I saw how tall he was. "You made me feel short..."

Zacky laughed. "Missy, you may be short but you have the Napoleon Complex."

That made me feel slightly better. I honestly didn't realize the last guy until he said, "And I'm Brian."

Ok, I will honestly say this right now: Fucking hell is he hot. He has these beautiful brown eyes, black hair that I just want to run my hand through, and this killer smile. My thoughts about everything that made Brian hot stopped when Zacky said, "Hey, there's my neighbor you were asking about. The one I couldn't remember his name."

We all looked outside the window and I instantly got up. I couldn't believe it. "No fucking way."

I heard Jimmy ask, "No fucking way what?"

But I didn't respond because I ran out the door. I stood on the porch and yelled, "RYAN FUCKING GUETTLER!"

Ryan looked at me and dropped his mail. "No way, Missy?!?!?"