One Last Kiss Before I Go

Come Back to Me

Brian's POV

We were still in the police station. Nathan was going to be sent to jail until his court date but Missy was put to see a psychologist at the station for trauma. Her Aussie friends also were here and I could see that they were pretty down. According to Zacky, they're all pretty close with one another. And seeing as Missy's the little sister of the group, they're all extremely protective of her.

"Zack Baker," asked a woman around her late forties as she walked towards us.

I noticed that she had a clipboard in her hand.

"That's me," Zacky said as he stood up.

"Well, I'm Dr. Steadman, the psychologist your cousin, Melissa, was sent to see."

"Okay...."

"Well, obviously Melissa is traumatized and will suffer from depression for some time. I can recommend a psychiatrist who could prescribe something for her."

"Alright, could I have the name of that person," Zacky asked.

Dr. Steadman nodded as she wrote the name down, "Dr. Anna Levesque. And there's something else I might recommend for your cousin."

'What?"

"Well, it says that this incident occured in her room so I would her stay in another room or with a friend. Somebody like her would not sit well being where that whole thing happened," Dr. Steadman suggested.

We all looked at Zacky who nodded. He stared at the floor, sitting down, as Dr. Steadman went to go get Missy. I knew that Zacky wanted to keep an eye on Missy for as long as he could but where could he put her. As of right now, he was re-arranging all the furniture and none of the rooms were done. Typical Zacky thing.

"Ryan, could she-"

"Dude, you know I would but I'm leaving in a couple of weeks to go back to Australia for break and these lazy asses," he said, pointing to the rest of the Aussie friends, "are stupid and won't get a hotel room."

That's when he looked at me. Zacky looked at me and simply asked, "Please?"

I knew what he meant; it was obvious. "That's fine with me."

When Missy walked out, it was just heartbreaking. There she was, that normally energy-filled girl, always smiling, and laughing, and possibly doing something stupid to injure herself.......now she was reduced to a shell of her former self. Her eyes held no emotion but sadness in them. The way she looked at us was hard. It looked like she was honestly scared of us.

Val was the first one to meet her so instantly she hugged her. Missy blinked a couple of times before she started sobbing again, breaking down.

"Missy," I called, walking into her room.

Its been a couple of days since she's moved in with me and she refuses to leave her room. Its lucky that she has her own private bathroom but still, she doesn't even come down to eat. I go in her room and find her lying in the bed, just staring at the wall.

"Missy, c'mon," I said, crawling into the bed and wrapping my arms around her.

She didn't say anything, as usual. I was seriously getting worried about her. Its as if she's lost all will to live completely.

"Missy, please snap out of it. I'm here," I said, pulling her close to me.

She just sighed, not really moving or doing anything. The only movement coming from her was her breathing. Otherwise, she did nothing. Then something happened that shocked me: she rolled over, buring her face in my shirt. Sobs soon followed as I laid there, letting her cry into my shoulder.

"I'm sorry, Brian," she whispered.

She was still upset about the whole thing. I don't blame her but I've told her countless times that I forgave her. I knew damn well that it wasn't her fault but its like drilled into her brain that it is.

"Missy, how many times do I have to tell you that its not your fault?"

"I'm still sorry, though."

Missy's been at my house for three days and until now, she had yet to do anything. No movements or anything. Now she makes some sort of movement and all I can do is really is be thankful for that. I was getting worried that she was just going to fall into a life-long depression that would require endless days of therapy and would result into suicide but no. I know that somewhere that Missy that I knowand love is somewhere deep down, just waiting to come back.

Missy's POV

I knew in my mind that Brian forgave me, that he didn't blame me, but somehow I still thought he was mad at me.....mad at what had happened. Yet through all that, being with Brian made me feel better.....made me feel like that there is hope.

"Brian," I asked with a bit of hope in my voice.

"Yeah?"

"Will you just stay with me, please?"

He chuckled a bit before he ran a hand through my hair. "Of course I will you silly girl."

I knew he was trying to make me laugh. He often would call me a silly girl whenever he was joking with me just because that I'm seventeen and still not technically an adult.

Sad thing was that it didn't work.

"Your birthday's next week."

"I know," I replied, softly, not even realizing how close my birthday was.

"What do you want to do?"

"Nothing."

"Missy-," he started.

"I really don't want anything, Brian."

"You know what I want," he asked.

"What?"

"For you to come back."

"What do you mean 'come back'? I'm right here."

"Physically," he muttered, "But you're not the same Missy that I first met. I want you come back to me."

I sighed. I wanted to be the way I was before this whole thing started but I was scared. I can't forget something like that and knowing Zacky, he probably told my parents. Actually he has to talk to my parents about that so he could have permission to send me to a psychiatrist.

The question still remained: could I return back to my old life? My answer is that I don't know but I know I have to at least try.

"Just please, come back," Brian muttered, falling asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please go to my journals and click on the "Needs Advice" link.....its about my other story, Running Wild in the Night.