One Last Kiss Before I Go

You Need to Do That

Missy's POV

"Missy, maybe its high time that you go do something you love," my dad said as I spoke to him over the phone.

I've been calling him a lot lately, just because he's a smart guy. He also knows how to make me laugh. And he's the one that got me into riding motocross. That's why I love my dad: we're just tight.

"Such as....."

"Motocross riding. I know from Zacky and from Ryan that you haven't left Brian's house unless its to take you to the studio with him. You used to always go riding and now you're not," my dad said, "You said it yourself, Missy, motocross was your favorite way to escape your problems."

I bit my lip as I thought about what he said. Just going out was my favorite way to escape everything. I could just relax and think about all the tricks I wanted to attempt or what I was going to do. Motocross was my passion and my absolute favorite thing to do.

"Maybe you're right, dad, I do need to go riding."

"Just follow your bliss, Missy. I have to go, meeting," my dad said, annoyed.

Riley Levine was not fond of business meetings. If he had his way, he wouldn't go to meetings and send a goat in his place but my mom won't let him do that. If you haven't figured out yet, my dad acts like a giant kid majority of the time.

"Alright. Tell mom, Codey, and Jenna that I say hi."

"Will do, loves Missy," he said.

"Loves."

With that we both hung up and I sat on my bed. Maybe he was right. Maybe I do need to go motocross riding. I looked at my closet and saw one of my helmets resting on my bags, just waiting to be used. I walked over to it and picked it up. My fingers ran over its smooth surface as I just bit my lip. Memories of various races and competitions flowed into my mind. It bothered me that I hadn't done anything in awhile.

Maybe it was high time that I went motocross riding.

Brian's POV

"Missy," I called as I walked into my house.

I went to Zacky's house real quick. He got a package from Missy's parents and there was something for her so I went to go pick it up. Considering he lived down the street from me and it took two minutes to get there, I figured Missy could be by herself for ten minutes so I didn't bring her with me or call one of her Aussie friends.

Besides, Ryan and the rest of them went into town. They said that they just had to buy something because something important was this weekend.

"Yeah," Missy asked, walking down the stairs.

I raised an eyebrow when I saw her motocross goggles around her neck. She just looked at me, shrugging as if it was nothing. I guess this was normal for her.

"What's that," she asked, pointing to the small box underneath my arm.

"Oh, apparently your parents sent this and it was at Zack's so I went to go get it," I said, handing it to her, "He says hi."

"My dad said hi to you as well," she said, taking it.

I watched as Missy sat down and began ripping it open. A smile was on my face as I saw a hint of curiousity in her eyes. Zacky told me what it was because he got a letter from the Levines telling him to give it to her. She looked taken back when she saw that it was a wrapped present with a card on top. "Its too early for Christmas," Missy muttered as she attempted to figure out why her family sent her a present, "Oh yeah....birthday present."

"Wait-" I interupted, sitting down next to her, "When's your birthday?"

"The 22nd of this month."

"That's this weekend."

"Oh really. That would explain my parents sending me a present."

"You do realize that the guys and I now have to throw you a party," I asked, watching her.

"Brian, I'm not a party person," Missy said, taking the card and reading it, "Aw, listen to this:

Mellie Missy!

Happy birthday; you're finally allowed to legally drink beer! Alissa and Kathy told us to send you a case of beer but I don't think that's allowed. Maybe FedEx would work.......considering that your father told us that you can FedEx horses but whatever. Codey and Jenna picked out your present and we hope you like it. Don't forget, you're supposed to come home for Chirstmas. Its very hard walking into your room expecting to see you and you're not there. Its quite depressing. I mean, there are times that Jenna walks in, calling you, and you're not there. You'd think that after a couple of months and the fact that you're usually gone for touring or competitions, we'd get used to you being gone. But we're not. We all just miss you, Missy, plain and simple. Well, tell Zacky and the rest of your friends hi for us. Loves!


And my parents and brother and sister signed it."

"That's nice."

I watched as Missy opened her present. I was curious to see what her parents had gotten her.....well actually, what her siblings had gotten her. From what she told me about Codey Zachery Levine and Jenna Dakota Levine, they're a bit estatic. Apparently, they decided to give Missy a turker for her birthday last year because it was on Thanksgiving.

She laughed when she removed the lid. "My little siblings are smart," she said, holding up a watch.

"Why?"

"I always end up breaking my watch and Codey and Jenna got me a watch that can won't break under the pressure of one of my bikes."

I shook my head as I wrapped my arm her shoulder and pulled her close to me. "We're throwing you a party and that's final."

She just shook her head and then placed it on my shoulder, sighing, "Why bother?"

"Because you're turning 18, silly," I said, kissing her forehead, "That's a big thing."

"Whatever."

"So, why are you wearing your goggles around your neck," I asked, fingering the strap.

"I talked to my dad earlier and he suggested that I go motocross riding."

"You know, I was talking about that with Zacky and he said the same thing. Everyone's been thinking that you should go out riding. I mean, I haven't seen you do that so I want to see that as well."

Missy just looked at me and sighed again, "I don't know. I've been thinking about it and I just don't know, Brian."

"Well, maybe, you just need to follow your bliss," I said, playing with her hair.

"Why the Hell does everyone keep saying that," Missy asked, annoyed, "I'm getting annoyed with hearing that saying."

"Well maybe you need to do that."
♠ ♠ ♠
Check out the post, Need Advice People, on my journals. I need a bit of help and my readers can help with that part.