One Last Kiss Before I Go

Waltz For the Moon

Missy's POV

"Damn, Missy," Ryan said as I walked into the ballroom.

Thanks to my amazing hairstylist, my hair was now up to my shoulder blades and now sported purple highlights. It was just left down with a little curl at the ends. I wore a purple dress that went to my ankles and a pair of heels. I didn't really feel like dressing up and this was enough for me.

He always came to the family parties because he knew that I hated it whenever the sons of my dad's friends hit on me. In fact, my dad hated it as well and would send one of his dogs to follow me but now mom forbid him to do that. She was scared that he would do something stupid and fall, hurting himself more. I could see her point because now my dad was a limpy person and used a cane to help him walk. It pissed him off to no end.

"What," I asked as I helped fix his tie.

Its sad, I'm a girl and I know how to tie a tie and Ryan's a guy and he doesn't know how to tie a tie.

"Good thing the rest of the Aussie Crew is here because I don't think I could have saved you by myself," he said.

"Yeah, and too bad Brian's not here either," I sighed, "He would have done the job easy."

Ryan laughed, knowing full well that Brian would probably beat the crap out of someone if he looked at me in a different way yet he still was fine with the fact that the majority of my friends were guys.

Man, I really miss him. I wonder what he's doing right now.

People stared at us as Ryan and I walked around. I don't know why but he wanted to walk around the ballroom, which made no sense considering by now he should know the whole layout of the place. He made no sense. Hell, no one's making any sense today. I mean as soon as I got home, my mom didn't want me going into my father's study and made me go straight to my room. It was weird.

Lucas, the son of one of my dad's friends, walked up to me and Ryan instantly tensed up. He pissed me off to no end and was obsessed with trying to get in my pants. "Where have you been, Melissa. Have you been hiding from me," he asked, kissing my hand.

I pulled away and made a mental note to scrub my hand for a good twenty minutes. I hated this guy as much as I hated germs and I'm a germaphobe. "I have been in the States, attending college at UCLA," I responded, calmly.

My mother also had forbid me to punch anyone.

"Really," he said, faking interesting, "Maybe you and I should catch up sometime. You know....."

"I have a boyfriend," I said, cutting him off.

"I don't think Ryan counts as a boyfriend," Lucas said, assuming that I was talking about my best friend, "We all know that he is your best friend."

Why won't anyone understand that Ryan is like a brother to me? Ryan Guettler is my best friend and will never be more than that.

"Yeah but I think I count as her boyfriend," snarled that voice that I missed so damn much.

My jaw dropped when I saw Brian walking towards us. His dark brown eyes locked with mine as I looked at him. Was I dreaming? Was Brian really here? He looked at me and said nothing as I placed my hand on his cheek. I wanted proof that he was really here.

"What are you doing here," I asked.

"Is it wrong to see my girlfriend," Brian asked, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"No but you're here in Australia. In Brisbane."

"So is the rest of the guys and Val," he said.

I looked behind him and there they were. Jimmy, Johnny, Zacky, Matt, and Val were all standing there with smiles on their faces. "Where you guys hiding in my dad's study," I asked.

That's when a smile formed on Brian's lips and I now knew why everyone was acting so weird. "My parents arranged this," I asked.

Brian nodded, smiling as I threw my arms around his neck, happy that he was here. Man, I really did miss him. He placed a finger under my chin and made me look at him. I smiled at him as he pressed his lips on mine, giving me a kiss that I missed so much.

"Told you she had a boyfriend," I heard Ryan say.

Brian pulled away and glared at Lucas, "Go away and leave my girlfriend alone."

Brian's POV

I smirked as I watched that jackass wombat walk away. Hm, funny name and it works. That's what I'm going to refer to him as now: the jackass wombat. Missy smiled and said, "You're here."

"I thought we already confirmed that," I said, holding her close to me, "And you look beautiful."

She smiled as she walked towards the rest of the group. Missy gave everyone hugs as Val and her acted like old ladies and started up on the gossip. Zacky was happy seeing his cousin in a dress. I guess she hated dresses but I thought she looked amazing.

"Let's hope that she doesn't know that Aunt Jordan taught how to do that dance," Zacky said.

"I can't do it," I admitted, "I seriously can't do it. Its to fucking hard."

"Codey and Jenna know how to do it," Zacky said.

"That makes me feel stupid," I muttered as he laughed.

I instantly started chewing on my lower lip when I saw Jordan talking to Missy. Shit she was going to tell her daughter that she had me learn that dance and yet I still don't know it. Zacky laughed as we saw a smile form on Missy's face. She walked towards me and placed her hands on her hips, "Guess what my mom just told me."

"Please no," I begged, "I failed at learning it."

"Please," Missy said, "I don't want to be stuck with some jackass."

My eyes narrowed as I said, "No one is going to touch but me, damnit!"

Zacky's POV

I watched as Missy dragged Brian onto the dance floor where the rest of the Australian side of her family was dancing. We all knew that Brian would not like having anyone touch her after what happened with Nathan. "This is amusing," Matt said, placing his arm around Val's shoulder.

"I know, he looks so confused," Johnny said.

In fact, Missy had to help him. She placed his arm on her waist and placed her hand on his shoulder, taking his other hand in her own. Brian looked out of place. I mean, there he was, wearing a black leather jacket, a white shirt underneath, faded blue jeans, and multiple belts while Missy was practically dressed up by wearing that purple dress and heels. Then there was her family who was all dressed up. Good thing Aunt Jordan said it was okay to wear whatever we wanted.

I bit my lower lip to keep myself from laughing as Brian almost tripped onto Missy. This was the third time too.

"Poor Brian," Val said.

"Yeah but Missy's helping him out," Jimmy pointed out, "And it looks like she's having fun."

Brian was about ready to walk off, frustrated, when Missy grabbed his arm. He sighed as she looked at him, giving him a pleading look. That's when Brian decided to give it one last try, at least save his girlfriend from having one of those other jackasses who was eyeing her from the other side of the room dance with her.

My jaw dropped. "He got it."

"Seriously?"

I nodded, totally impressed. I guess he did learn after all.

"That's Missy's boyfriend. I like him."

I turned around and then my jaw dropped again when I saw who it was.

"Uncle Riley?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Inspiration came from one of my favorite scenes from one of my favorite games. Click here

What Brian is wearing
What Missy is wearing
everyone else, I leave to your imagination. Speaking of Missy, I thought I should post a pic on how I picture her.

Missy Levine, portrayed by Taylor Cole.