One Last Kiss Before I Go

Welcome to the Outback

Missy’s POV

“Brian, stop it,” I groaned as he woke me up by placing kisses all over my face, “I want to sleep!”

Instead, he just laughed as I rolled over, pulling the covers over my head. I wanted to sleep, that’s all. Is that so hard to let me do? Sleep is a very important thing in life so I should at least get a chance to enjoy it. “C’mon, Missy,” Brian whined as he tugged on them, “Get up! As much as I like being in a bed with you naked, I totally want to see your hometown!”

I sighed as I threw the covers off my head and looked at him. He was sitting up, staring down at me. Part of the bed sheet covered his lower half, leaving me to stare at his bare chest. There was a smirk on Brian’s face when he saw that I was staring at his chest. Oh, this was a nice view to see first thing in the morning. “You going to get up now, silly sleepy head,” he asked.

A scoff was my response as I sat up, pulling the covers over my naked body. You can guess what we did last night. Brian just kept looking at me as I ran my hand down my face, my fingers rubbing my eyes. “Do you really want to explore Australia,” I asked, trying to get myself fully awake, “Because I think I know where would be the best option.”

“Where?”

“You’ll find out later,” I said, getting out of my bed and grabbing my clothes, “I’m going to take a shower now.”

“I’m joining you,” Brian said, following me, “A shower seems like a good idea.”

“Whatever you say, Brian.”

In the kitchen, everyone was up and eating the waffles my mom made, even the dogs were lying around on the floor eating their food. Codey sat next to Zacky which was funny because they had the same eating habits and they would take a bite of their waffle at the same time. My dad was reading the newspaper while Jenna looked at the comics. Everyone else just enjoyed breakfast while my mom poured me a cup of coffee which I added some sugar to before I sat down in my usual place next to my dad. Brian sat next to me and had Val on his other side.

“So, what are you planning to do for today,” dad asked as he stirred his coffee, “Because I don’t think you want to be in the house all day.”

“I’m thinking about Lone Pine,” I replied, dipping my bacon into the syrup, “See some of Australia’s animals.”

“Oh do they have koalas there,” Val asked, “Because I so want to hold one.”

My mom sat down on my dad’s other side as she nodded. “Yeah, it’s a sanctuary for koalas and some other animals. You can hold the koalas for a fee but we go there all the time and donate money there so they let us do that for free.”

“So you guys want to go there,” I asked as Brian stole a piece of bacon from my plate.

I glared at him and he just grinned at me. Codey just watched with wide eyes, knowing that bacon was one of my favorite foods. Jenna laughed as she said, “Brian stole Mellie’s bacon and now she’s pissy!”

“I like bacon a lot and Brian steals a piece of mine,” I replied in a dramatic voice.

“I’ll make you more bacon,” my mom said, rolling her eyes, “Sheesh, you are just like your father; the two of you are extremely protective over your bacon.”

“Bacon is plain magical,” Dad and I said at the same time, “That’s all you need to know about it.”

“Don’t hit a kangaroo,” mom said as we all walked towards the garage, “Because they are so cute and it would be illegal. I don’t want to have to bail my eldest daughter out of jail.”

I laughed as she said that and I opened the garage. We all walked inside and I headed straight for the Yukon Denali. It was the only car, aside from the Escalade, that would fit all of us but my dad was taking the Escalade. The twins were going to work with him while my mom drove the Beemer to her work. Usually, I stayed home with the twins but I got something to do today. I got to hang out with my California friends and my boyfriend, which is awesome.

“Okay, I won’t hit a kangaroo. Are pedestrians okay to hit,” I asked, jokingly.

She just laughed as the twins gave me hugs. I tugged on one of Jenna’s braids as I ruffled Codey’s hair. “Don’t throw anything out the window, alright?”

“Fine,” they mumbled.

Brian’s POV

After about thirty minutes of Missy’s driving, I now knew why Zacky was afraid to let her drive; she has temper problems. I should have expected that from last night when she almost killed the wombat but she was a very angry person when she drove. I was clutching the arm rests of the passenger seat as she muttered things under breath. Everyone else just hope that she wouldn’t get even more pissed.

We finally came to the koala place and Missy pulled so many sharp turns, I got a headache. She finally parked and I think Jimmy started thanking his lucky stars that the ride was over. Hell, I’m willing to bet that everyone was doing that deep down inside as well. Its official: my girlfriend is a scary driver.

“Where the Hell did you learn to drive,” Val asked as we all got out.

“My dad taught me how to drive,” Missy replied, now totally calm.

“I should have known,” Zacky muttered, “He’s a scary driver as well.”

Val squealed as one of the caretakers got a koala for her to hold. Matt was taking pictures as the other guys were holding the koalas or hanging around the kangaroos. Missy already had a koala in her arms and she was having the time of her life. I pulled out my camera and took a picture.

“Brian,” Missy said when she saw that I took a picture, “Not fair! I have a koala in my arms!”

“And you look so cute holding it,” I said, kissing her forehead, “What’s his name.”

“This one is Leigh and she’s such a sweetie. I want to take her back to the States when we leave.”

I just laughed when she said that. Watching her hold the koala and seeing how she reacts with her siblings, I can totally see how good she is with kids. She would make a great parent, she really would.

“Can I hold her,” I asked, placing my camera back in my jacket pocket.

“Sure,” Missy said, handing her to me and helping me hold a koala carefully.

Leigh just was totally relaxed as I now carried her. God, it was the cutest thing and one of the coolest. I’m holding a koala. Oh yeah, I’m awesome.

Out of the blue, I heard a snapping sound and I saw that Missy took a picture. I made a face at her and stuck my tongue out. “Now you take a picture of me holding a koala,” I asked as she put her camera away.

“Yeah, now I got a picture of big bad Synyster Gates holding a cute koala,” Missy replied.
♠ ♠ ♠
New part, finally, huh. Yay