One Last Kiss Before I Go

Bad Moods

I woke up the next morning. My back was hurting more than ever. I groaned as I rolled over on my stomach. It really hurt so much that I didn't want to get up. All I wanted was to lay here and hope the pain would go away really soon. Luckily, the remote for my stereo was in reach so I got it and pressed play. Green Day's Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) was playing. Yay, I didn't have only my breathing to listen to.

"Missy?"

I turned my head to see Zacky stand there. I just groaned and closed my eyes, listening to his footsteps come closer. He ran his hand through my hair.

"You okay?"

I opened my eyes to see him staring at me, completely worried. "My back really hurts," I mumbled.

"Want me to carry you downstairs? I can get you breakfast," he said.

I nodded and whined. I felt him put a pillow behind my back, trying to make it comfortable, and carry me downstairs.

He laid me on one of the couches, making sure my back was straight. "What do you want, Missy," he asked as he pulled a blanket over me.

"Whatever's easier for you to make."

Zacky smiled and leaned down to kiss my forehead. "Always thinking about others. I'll surprise you then."

I nodded as I watched him walk to the kitchen. I think I know why my back is like this and I'm honestly not happy. You know, I pretty sure that's why my back hurts.

The doorbell ran and I heard Zacky answer it. Soon there was laughter and Zacky started yelling. I yawned as the guys, minus Val and Matt, walked in. I soon saw why there was laughter. Zacky was wearing a pink apron. I raised an eyebrow as I bit my lower lip to stifle a laugh.

"I screwed up doing my laundry one time so don't start," he said.

"No, I just didn't expect to see you wearing an apron."

He rolled his eyes and walked off to the kitchen.

Jimmy sat on the other couch, Johnny sat on the lounge chair opposite him, and Brian sat on the couch I was on with my legs on his lap.

"So how is Missy," asked Johnny as he reached for the remote.

"Sore. My back is in pain," I said.

"Here you go, Missy. I made pancakes, bacon, eggs, and toast."

We all looked Zacky as he came out with a tray of food, still wearing the apron.

"Zacky, that's so much food! I'm a scrawny-ass person"

"So, care to tell us why you're in pain," asked Brian as he took a piece of bacon.

I bit my lower lip. It’s pretty sad and pathetic. I feel a bit stupid knowing that fact. I looked at everyone to see them all staring at me.

"Um.......I fell out of a tree when we went paintballing."

Zacky threw a little fit. "You should have told me! I think we should take you to the hospital."

I choked on a piece of toast.

"I.........hate............hospitals," I snarled, staring at him with my eyes wide.

"Missy, what if you really screwed something? You don't want your career to end. We should take you to the hospital," Jimmy said.

I whined. I'm fine with doctors, I just don't like hospitals.

"If we came, would you feel better," asked Brian.

I sighed, knowing I was defeated, and nodded. "Please."

We got in Brian's Escalade just because it really hurt for me to sit and I could lay on the backseat. Johnny looked at me and said, "Poor, Missy. I hope you'll be okay."

I smiled, "Thanks, Johnny."

When we got to the hospital, Brian carried me as Zacky went ahead to fill out the paperworks. There was something throughout the whole thing that was a bit awkward for me. I was still in my pajamas which were a tank top and a pair of short shorts.

"Melissa Levine?"

I looked up to see a nurse with a wheelchair in front of her. "We'll put you on this wheelchair and bring you up to the doctor, okay?"

"I want Zacky, Brian, Jimmy, and Johnny to come," I said.

She smiled and nodded. Jimmy and Johnny helped put me in the wheelchair while Brian held my hand. Zacky refused to hold my hand, fearing what would happen if pain shot up. Sadly, Brian had no clue and soon as I was in a sitting position, the pain came. I bit my lip to keep me from screaming and immediately squeezed Brian's hand, my nails piercing the skin. He groaned in pain as I made a whining noise.

"Fucking hell, Missy! That fucking hurt," he yelled.

Zacky sighed and followed, saying, "Now you know why I refused to hold her hand."

"Well, Ms. Levine, your little fall put your muscles in shock. The pain you're experiencing are muscle spasm. So I'm going to prescribe some pain relievers and I suggest no skating or riding motocross for at least two weeks."

I stared at the doctor as he wrote up the prescriptions. What the hell am I going to do for two fucking weeks? I skated practically everyday. I rode my motocross bike on weekends. Yes, I had two of my bikes sent here from Australia. One was at Zacky's and the other was at Ryan's. But that's not the point. What am I going to do. Video games, television, movies, and computers only amuse me for son long before I get bored. Great.

When we all got back to Zacky's, I started whining because I saw one of my skateboards.

"I'm going to be so mother fucking bored!"

The guys laughed at that statement. Brian sat next to me on the couch as I threw around DVDs that Zacky put out to try and get me amused. Since we got back, I've been in such a bad mood; I call it my "horrible phase." I threw a DVD case at the TV.

"Goddamnit! Can I just play video games," I asked as Zacky came back.

Jimmy laughed and said, "I have never seen Missy this mad."

Zacky snorted as he handed me the wireless controller for the PS2.

"This is Missy pissed. Trust me, you'll know when Missy's mad. Oh, Tony Hawk's American Wasteland is in."

I nodded as I waited for the menu. Brian put his arm carefully around my waist and said, "So I guess I'll have to make sure I don't do anything that gets you mad."

"So, Melissa, you doing anything," asked Nathan as I walked outside after school.

I growled in annoyance. I was still in my horrible phase and being around Nathan wasn't making things better. I wonder what would happen if I skinned him alive and buried him six feet under. Would anyone care? I think I'll be a happy person............

"Why don't you ask her boyfriend?"

I saw Brian standing there, waiting for me. He leaned against his Escalade with his arms crossed, looking at Nathan with his eyes narrowed. God, he and Zacky do the same pose. Nathan gulped as Brian took my bag from me. I hugged him and said, "Hi, Brian."

He smiled and hugged me, careful of my back.

"Hey, Missy. Whose this."

"Um, I'm Nathan."

Brian glared and sarcastically said, "Delighted. Now, leave my girl alone."

I smiled and kissed his cheek. "Bri, we have to get you to practice so let's go."

He nodded. "Alright."

We both got in his Escalade. "That’s the guy that's been stalking you," he asked as he started the engine.

I nodded and glanced in the rearview mirror to see Nathan throwing a fit. It made me smile. Brian reached for my hand and started playing with it.

"If he does something, you tell me and I'll kick his ass."

I smiled as I leaned over to kiss him. "Thanks, Brian."

He just smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Look at my journals and click the "new stories?" link please