‹ Prequel: Just One Little Kiss
Sequel: Photograph Me

Kiss Me

Toppin

I have heard some people say that after you get ‘shitfaced’ drunk, you forget everything, so it doesn’t really matter what kind of things you get into. I don’t know if it was just me or what, but I seemed to remember every single thing that happened.

I remembered every heated touch that Kaylent and I shared, every shot we took. I even remembered when he’d thrown back a shot and then kissed me, letting the liquid flow into my mouth.

Last night, the alcohol had seemed to tear down every inhibition that I had, forcing its war past every barrier.

I was ashamed of how foolish I had acted, but didn’t blame my actions on the booze. No, it was my fault. I decided to drink the alcohol in the first place.

Another regretful sigh slipped past my lips. “You alright?” Necalli asked from the driver’s seat. We were in his car at the moment, driving towards the studio.

I shrugged and he smiled lightly, reaching over and grabbed my hand. “Don’t worry about anything.” He said and I frowned.

“How can I just not worry about anything?” I asked, “Especially after what I almost let happen.” I breathed out anger starting to rise in me.

Not anger at anyone, only at myself. Kaylent may have been the one to instigate….that, but I was the one who was going to let him do o it.

“Don’t feel that way, sweetie. It’s just a mistake, a stupid little mistake, and if he tries to say anything to you, I’ll knee him where the sun doesn’t shine.” He said in a surprisingly happy voice.

I smiled a little, “No, it wasn’t his fault…it was mine….and if I hadn’t been such a foolish immature child, you would have had to take me home with you and you could have gotten together with that guy were you were …dancing with.” I said, feeling even worse than I had all night when I was puking up my guts. Necalli had been searching for a new boyfriend for a while now, and this was definitely not helping him.

Necalli shrugged, “Nah, he was hot, but not really the kind of boyfriend material I was looking for anyway….but just in case, I got his number.” The happy-go-lucky boy said, winking at me. I giggled a little, before remembering the predicament I was in.

Suddenly, I realized that I had told my mother that I would be staying out late….not that I would be out all night.

I searched desperately in my pockets of the jeans I was currently wearing before I realized that they belonged to Necalli. “Your phone is in the duffel bag by your feet as well as your clothes you were wearing yesterday. I washed them last night. “He said, “and I called your mother to let her know we were having a sleepover and I that I would talked you wherever you needed to be in the morning.”

I looked at Necalli with a look of admiration on my face. “Thank you so much Necalli!” I squealed. “I want to give you a huge hug!” I said, settling for leaning over and pressing a kiss to his cheek.

Necalli giggled, “I’ll give you one when we get to the studio.’ He said.

I nodded and settled into the chair, remaining quiet the rest of the ride.

By the time we were at the studio, my thoughts trailed away like clouds passing through a blue sky, so when I stepped out of the car and grabbed Necalli’s duffel bag, a loud squeak left my lips as a pair of arms around me.

I flushed as I looked back and saw Necalli there. He laughed playfully. “I told you that I would give you a hug later; you forgot silly.” He said, poking my nose gently.

I smiled and shrugged, “My thoughts were…else ware….” I breathed out, looking at my feet, Necalli’s arms still around me.

“Well you’d better turn that frown upside down.” Necalli said, and I nodded, smiling at him. “There we go little one.” He said, leaning forward and kissing my forehead.

I had so many older brother-like friends, Necalli, Chester-shoot!

“I need to call Chester!” I exclaimed and turned on my phone, seeing that in fact, he was freaking out like hell.

There were 34 different missed calls and almost double those in texts from the boy. I frowned, realizing it was Monday. Chester was supposed to take me to school…I dialed his number as I walked with Necalli into the building, surprised as I hear Chester’s familiar ringtone right in front of me. He was talking to Mellie, the girl I met when I first came to the modeling agency.

I knew what was coming before he even opened his mouth, but I let him vent his feelings at me. I deserved everything I had coming to me for what I did yesterday, letting myself go like that.

“What did you think you were doing!?” He began, his voice loud. “You just left me hanging, and wait a minute, you do realize that it is Monday and that your ass belongs in school now, right?” He questioned and my eyes widened. I totally forgot.

“Well….I…um….I was preoccupied.” I said quietly, unable to keep a small smile off of my face.

Not at my words, no, I didn’t think like that, but at the fact that Chester was that concerned for me. I ran forward and hugged him. “I’m sorry, I’ll never forget to tell you where I am again!” I exclaimed and he nodded.

“Good, because I had to call your mom just to find out that you stayed over your friend’s house.” He said, glancing at Necalli.

I nodded. “Yeah, some…stuff happened yesterday….I’ll talk to you after the shoot today?” I asked.

I had forgotten completely about school and so had Necalli apparently who was standing there awkwardly scratching the back of his neck. “I’m so sorry I made you miss.” He said.

It was already 10 o’clock. By the time it would take for me to go home and get ready and then actually get there it wouldn’t even matter, classes would be letting out already.

“It’s no problem. I may as well stay and work on the shoot while I’m here.” I said, and he nodded. “Well Chester, I’m really sorry.” I murmured and hugged him again. I swear, Chester gives the best hugs…other than Necalli of course. Those two… I smiled at how much like family they were to me.

As I got ready for the day’s shoot, I almost forgot about what had happened last night. Key word: almost, because just as I did, he walked in.
♠ ♠ ♠
another chapter?
yes, indeed.

btw, i have been getting almost no comments. If I'm posting this much, i'd like some love, pretty please?

read this - it's the sequel to this story so it takes place after this one ends!!! it's about necalli/new character

com/sub?