‹ Prequel: Just One Little Kiss
Sequel: Photograph Me

Kiss Me

Toppin

I was so happy ever since I started going out with Kaylent. He was the perfect gentleman always, opening doors for me and things like that.

We’ve been getting to know one another better as well, but as good as things are going, I can’t help but feel like there is something not right. It’s a sinking feeling that’s sitting in my chest, like when you’re waiting for the roller coaster to fall once you’re at the top of the biggest drop.

He makes me feel wonderful, but this other feeling inside me does the exact opposite. I was at the shoot now with Necalli in the dressing room, Kaylent not having arrived yet.

“Necalli…” I said slowly, watching the boy who slowly stood up from tying his shoe.

“What’s wrong Toppin?” he asked and I was a little taken aback. “I can tell when something’s not right.” He said, rolling his eyes a little.

“I just….something doesn’t feel right.” I said, not quite knowing how to say what I wanted to say.

“What doesn’t feel right?” He asked, his serious expression looking like he knew exactly what I was talking about.

“With Kaylent. I mean he’s great and everything, but it’s almost like everything’s too perfect with him, you know what I mean?” I asked, hoping he understood.

Necalli took in a deep breath. “Look, that’s because of what happened with Ryu. He was sweet to you and kind, and then he turned on you, so you think Kaylent will do the same thing.”

I went to protest, but he shook his head, holding up a hand. “No, even if you don’t think you think that, it’s buried inside you. You need to realize that Kaylent won’t do that to you, that he would rather die than see you harmed.” He said and wrapped his arms around me in a friendly hug. “It’ll all be alright so don’t worry about it.”

I nodded. “Yeah, I’m just being silly.” I giggled and after changing, went back out to see that Kaylent was there.

“You ready to head over my parent’s place for dinner after the shoot?” He asked, standing close to me.

I froze. I completely forgot that it was today. “Oh my gosh, I have to go home and find something to wear and I have to-“ My voice was cut off by his lips.

“Don’t worry so much, you’re fine.” He whispered, smiling at me before taking my hand and pulling me towards the table that was set up in the shoot, seeing Griffin come back in the room then and waiting for him to tell us what to do.

A little while later…

I bit my lip and held Kaylent’s hand. He’s already met my mother but I have yet to meet his family and I wanted to make a good impression.

Kaylent rang the doorbell, smiling at my nervousness. “You’ll be fine.” He whispered in my ear as I saw who I assumed to be his mother opening the door.

“Hello, you must be Toppin,” she said, using that motherly voice.

I blushed, “and you must be Mrs. Flavos.” I murmured, smiling.

“Come on in dear.” She said, turning to Kaylent and smiling.

I sat in the living room properly, feeling a little awkward, not wanting to say anything to mess this up. “So, I hear you’re a model as well Toppin, how did you get into modeling?” Kaylent’s father asked me, sitting down beside his mother once she brought in glasses of water and some cheese and crackers for us all.

“I didn’t really apply for a job or anything. I was late for school and one of Kaylent’s photographers sort of picked me up.” I shrugged, smiling a little.

“Well that’s great.” Mrs. Flavos said before a ding went off in the kitchen, “oh, I’ll check the pasta.” She murmured before walking into the next room.

“Toppin,” Mr. Flavos said and I looked to him, “relax, you’re family.”

I smiled, because with those words, I felt like I really could be a part of this family. “Alright.” I whispered, unable to help from glancing at Kaylent, my smile growing when his hand squeezed mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
three chapters left.

expect at least one more update tonight.

com/sub?