‹ Prequel: Leave the Pieces

The Last Stand

Marry Me?

As Paul was leading me to the limo, Hayley and Embry were already talking to the limo driver explaining what was going on, and I pulled out my phone. I hit call for the first name on my recent calls. Emmett.

Dylan? Is everything okay?” Was the first thing that I heard.

“Yeah, everything’s fine,” I said in a slightly panicky voice. “Well, except for the fact that my water broke. “

What?!” Emmett yelled. “Which hospital are you going to?

“The one in Forks,” I answered, and then winced when a contraction hit. I groaned loudly.

We’ll meet you there,” he said quickly and then I heard a dial tone. I slipped my phone into Paul’s outstretched hand. He must of left his at his house. I closed my eyes. Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out.

Okay, that calmed me slightly. The contraction passed, and I let out a sigh of relief. I let out a whimper as another contraction ripped through me. I felt someone running their fingers through my hair, and looked up. Through watery eyes I could see bright blue eyes staring down at me. I leaned my head on Hayley’s chest, letting the normal rhythm of her heart beat calm me down. I don’t know why, but heart beats always made me calm.

I took a deep breath, and laced my fingers with Hayley’s. “You’re doing great, Dyls,” I heard her murmur. I let out a strangled laugh.

“Yeah, this is great. Hayls, I’m about to panic,” I said.

I was about to become a mother. Holy shit. I wasn’t even seventeen years old yet, and I’m going to raise a child. My breathing hitched, and Hayley tightened her grip on my hand.

“Dylan, you are going to be a great mother. Everyone, the Cullens and the pack, will help you. You will not go through this alone-” She suddenly cut herself off, and I felt her shift slightly behind me. “Holy shit,” she whispered.

“You’re water broke, didn’t it?” I whispered.

“Yeah,” she said back in a high pitched voice.

“I told you we would have our children on the same day,” I said in a panicky laugh. She laughed along with me, until we both let painful groans escape our mouths.

“Hayley? Baby, did yours-?” Poor Embry could barely form a complete sentence. She nodded quickly.

“Yeah, Em. My water broke too,” she said. I saw Paul and Embry look at each other with sheer panic and fear on their faces. Paul faced me, and grabbed both of my hands.

“Baby, I was hoping to do this later tonight, but,” he got down on one knee in the limo. I froze. Oh my God. “Dylan, I love you so much.” Oh my God. “I want to spend the rest of my life with you.” Oh my God! “Dylan Ashley Harris Cullen, will you marry me?” He pulled out a little black ring box, and opened the lid. I stared at the ring. It was simple, and beautiful. Yes. A million times yes! He stared at me, worry starting to cloud his eyes. “Dylan?” I shook my head.

“I didn’t say it out loud?” I asked, confused. Hadn’t I said yes? He shook his head, the worry slowly starting to dim from his features. I smiled widely, tears streaming down my face. “Yes! God, yes!” I said, pressing my mouth forcefully to his. He pulled away first, and we smiled brightly at each other. He took the promise ring he had gotten months before off my left ring finger, and replaced it with the engagement ring.

I stared at the ring, and a sob escaped my lips, and pressed my lips to his again. I-” I pressed my lips against his left cheek. “Love-” His right cheek. “You-” Forehead. “Paul-” Left side of his mouth. “Parker.” Full on tongue action. I pulled away, and pressed my hand against my stomach as another contraction ripped through.

“Dyls, we’ll actually be sisters now,” Hayley choked out. I laughed through the haze of pain and tears.

I felt like it was all a big blur after that. I remember the limo screeching to a stop outside of the hospital.

I remember being lifted into a pair of hot arms.

I remember a nurse talking to me, and me answering.

I remember gripping Paul’s hand tightly as I screamed from the pain of child labor.

Then nothing.

Image

I woke up to sounds of very light cries and shushing sounds. I groaned lowly and opened my eyes, taking in the white walls and sterile hospital smell. “Look who’s finally awake,” I heard a deep voice say from next to me. I looked over to see Paul holding a pink blanket. Holy shit, my… our daughter was in that pink blanket. “Wanna see your momma?” He asked, looking down at her. He gently laid the precious bundle in my arms, and I looked into the most beautiful face I’d ever seen.

She’s beautiful,” I muttered, stroking the baby’s cheek with the back of my index finger softly.

“Just like her mom,” Paul whispered, pressing his lips to the top of my head. I looked down at my daughter, and her name was instantly at the top of my head.

“Babe, I know what to name her,” I whispered. He looked at me expectantly. “Emalie Hope. Emalie, in honor of Emmett and Rosalie, and Hope is pretty obvious,” I said, grinning. He smiled.

“I love it,” he said, staring at her. Our Emalie. A sudden thought came to me.

“How’s Hayley?” I rushed out. He chuckled.

“She’s fine, I actually saw Embry about an hour ago. The labor went fine, and so is their daughter. I’m an father and uncle at the same time,” he laughed softly. I smiled. I looked towards the door when a nurse in purple scrubs walked in.

“Hi, Miss Cullen,” she said softly, noticing the sleeping baby in my arms. “You have some people here that want to see you.” I nodded, telling her that I was up for visitors. “Alright, I’ll send them in two at a time.” She left and literally two seconds later, Emmett and Rosalie were rushing into the room.

“Oh my God,” Rosalie murmured, seeing Emalie in my arms. Paul slid off the bed, giving Rosalie room, and I watched in pride as he and Emmett shook hands with smiles on their faces. “What’s her name?” She asked, softly stroking Emalie’s face like I had earlier. I smiled.

“Her name is Emalie, in honor of her Godfather Emmett and Godmother Rosalie,” I said softly. “That is, if you both agree,” I added.

“Yes,” they said in unison, staring at me with wide eyes. I noticed Rosalie couldn’t take her eyes off Emalie, so I held her out slightly.

“Do you want to hold her?” I asked. She looked at me for a second before shifting her gaze back on her Goddaughter. “Don’t worry, you won’t hurt her,” I assured her, knowing what Rosalie was worried about. “Let her grip your finger, and you’ll know what I’m talking about.” Rosalie lifted her from my grasp, and slipped her slim finger into Emalie’s clutches. When Emalie gripped on, Rosalie’s eyebrows shot up.

“Oh my,” she said.

“Yeah, being one third werewolf, one third vampire, and one third human makes her stronger than the average human baby,” I said. The door to my room opened again, and a nurse smiled apologetically at me.

“Miss Cullen, your father is requesting that you and a Miss Parker be in the same room.”

“I would actually enjoy that,” I said. She nodded, and looked around.

“I’ll move her in here since your room is larger,” she said, and slipped through the closing door.

About five minutes later, Hayley was brought in, holding her own pink bundle in arms. She was moved next to me, and I got a good look at her daughter. “Dyls, meet your niece, Olivia Grace,” she said.

“Hayls, meet your niece, Emalie Hope,” I said.

“She’s beautiful,” we said in unison. Within the next three hours, everyone from the Cullens and the pack, besides Bella and Edward, had been in to see us. Alice squealed softly at the engagement ring on my finger, and was already planning the wedding in her head. Jessa sat by me, just staring at her niece.

“Just think, Jessa,” I had said. “You and Hayley are the only one’s related to her by blood. Well, besides me and Paul obviously.” Jessa laughed quietly.

“She’s so beautiful, Dylan,” she muttered. Then, Emalie’s eyes opened. Jessa and I gasped loudly, gaining the attention of everyone else in the room.

“She has my eyes,” I squealed excitedly. After another tiring hour, everyone left, leaving Hayley, Embry, Paul, and I alone with our kids.

“Paul, dude, what are we gonna do when they want to start dating?”

Image

A couple days later, after the doctors said that Emalie and Olivia were healthy enough to go home, we were on our way to the Uley house. Carlisle and Esme both agreed that having two human, or slightly human, babies around Bella’s vulnerable state at the time would be potentially dangerous. Hayley and I were sitting in the back holding our daughters. I pulled Emalie closer to me subconsciously, and looked down. Jesus, she already looked a month old. I looked over at Olivia and noticed the same thing.

“I think we should get dad to look them over when this whole Bella situation is done and over with,” Hayley muttered lowly so only I could hear. I nodded my agreement.

When we pulled up, we saw everyone standing outside, including Emerald, who looked really nervous about something. When we got out of the car, she was instantly by mine and Hayley’s side. “Everything okay, Em?” I asked, looking at her with a concerned expression.

“Um, I-” Her voice cracked.

“Paul, take Emalie, and take her inside,” I ordered, leaving him no room to argue. He nodded, taking her from my arms. I noticed Hayley to the same to Embry with Olivia. “Emerald, what’s going on?” I asked, not noticing that everyone was listening.

“Um, I’m-” She took a deep breath.

“I’m pregnant.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope everyone likes. Comment? Message? Subscribe? Thanks. Peace, love, skittles!