‹ Prequel: Leave the Pieces

The Last Stand

Wedding.

“I’m getting married today,” I breathed, looking at myself in the mirror that was attached to the vanity in my room. I was sitting in a white, silky robe and my hair was pulled into a low ponytail. I was waiting for Hayley, Alice, and Rosalie to come up to the room and help me get ready.

I jumped when there was a knock on the door. “Come in,” I called out, my voice shaking slightly. Hayley walked in wearing the dress I picked out for her. It was purple and black, and the black part was lace and only at the top of the long dress. Alice and Rosalie followed, Alice wearing the purple brides maid dress and Rosalie was wearing a beautiful blue off the shoulder knee length dress that hugged her curves tightly. Her hair was pulled to the side in an intricate side ponytail with the ends in tight curls. Alice’s hair was done how it usually was styled, and Hayley’s was done in French twist, just like the rest of my brides maids hair was going to be.

“You ready?” Alice asked, walking behind me. I let out a breath and nodded.

“Yeah…yeah, I’m ready.”

*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

When I was done, I looked in the mirror. My hair, headpiece, earrings, and make-up looked amazing. The veil was attached to the top of my bun, and dragged the ground. My dress honestly looked better on me this time around than it did when I first tried it on. “Alright, lift up your dress so I can slip on your heels,” Rosalie ordered softly. I glanced down to see her slip on the shoes.

“Thanks,” I said, and I noticed how monotone my voice sounded. Hayley looked at me.

“Dyls, calm down. I know you’re nervous, but you need to have a bit more emotion during your vows,” she joked at the end. I glanced at her.

“I- I know, but I’m terrified that he’s going to get cold feet or something,” I rambled.

“Dylan, you’re his imprint. You’re both stuck with each other from now until you die,” Rosalie added. I took a deep breath and bounced up and down slightly. She was right. I know she was right. “You know I’m right.” I gave her an unimpressed look.

“I know, I know.” I closed my eyes and let out a huge sigh. “Alright,” I said, opening up my eyes. “I’m ready.”

“Then let’s go,” Hayley smiled, holding open my bedroom door. Alice and Rosalie went out first and then I followed. When I got to the bottom of the steps, I saw Carlisle and Esme waiting with my other bride’s maids, Emerald, Bella, and Jessa were waiting.

“You look beautiful,” Carlisle said, pulling me into a hug. I hugged him back.

“Thank you, dad.” Esme was looking at me in a way that made me think that if she could cry, she would.

“I’ll go take my seat and let everyone know that it’s about to start.” She made her way out to the backyard where there was a beautiful set-up. Rosalie squeezed my hand in silent comfort, and picked up Emalie to take her to the backyard. Everyone lined up, Jessa in front, then Bella, Emerald, Alice, and then Hayley. Carlisle and I were behind them all.

“You ready?” He asked me. I took a deep breath and nodded.

“I’m ready.” My bride’s maids took off down the aisle, Carlisle and I following. When I saw Paul standing at end of the aisle, all my fears vanished just like in a corny romance movie. I suddenly knew that everything was going to work out just fine. I saw Embry, his best man, playfully push him and silly grin spread across Paul’s face, lighting up his dark features. I felt a bright smile take over my face when my hazel eyes met his dark brown ones.

With every step I took I had memories flashing before my eyes. The day Paul and I first met, our first kiss, the first “I love you’s”, our first time making love, our first fight, the first time seeing him after three months, his smile when he held Emalie in his arms for the first time, and so much more.

When I reached the end of the aisle, Carlisle shook hands with Paul, and then kissed my cheek lightly. “I love you,” he whispered. I smiled tearfully up at him.

“I love you, too, dad.” He sat down next to Esme, and took Emalie from Rose and placed her on his lap. Paul held out his hand and I grasped it tightly, taking one step up onto the platform. “Hi,” I said quietly.

“Hi,” he said back, the grin never leaving his face. I grinned back, and then we both faced the pastor.

*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

The ceremony was honestly a blur to me. I remember slipping on the rings, saying the “I do’s” and our first kiss as husband and wife.

We were now dancing on the makeshift dance floor in the middle of the living room. “So,” Paul said casually, spinning me around before pulling me closer. “How does it feel to be married, Mrs. Parker?” I smirked up at him, pressing myself closer to him.

“It feels wonderful, Mr. Parker.”

If I could have everyone’s attention please,” Alice spoke into a microphone. “It is now time for the bride to share a dance with her father.” I smiled brightly over at Carlisle and made my way over to him. He grabbed me around my waist and lifted me up on to the top of his feet. I laughed, and wrapped my arms around him as the music started playing.

Look at the two of you dancing that way
Lost in the moment and each others face
So much in love your alone in this place
Like there's nobody else in the world
I was enough for her not long ago
I was her number one
She told me so
And she still means the world to me
Just so you know
So be careful when you hold my girl
Time changes everything
Life must go on
And I'm not gonna stand in your way

But I loved her first and I held her first
And a place in my heart will always be hers
From the first breath she breathed
When she first smiled at me
I knew the love of a father runs deep
And I prayed that she'd find you someday
But it still hard to give her away
I loved her first

How could that beautiful women with you
Be the same freckle face kid that I knew
The one that I read all those fairy tales to
And tucked into bed all those nights
And I knew the first time I saw you with her
It was only a matter of time

But I loved her first and I held her first
And a place in my heart will always be hers
From the first breath she breathed
When she first smiled at me
I knew the love of a father runs deep
And I prayed that she'd find you someday
But its still hard to give her away
I loved her first

From the first breath she breathed
When she first smiled at me
I knew the love of a father runs deep
Someday you might know what I'm going through
When a miracle smiles up at you
I loved her first


Everyone started clapping, and Carlisle kissed my forehead tenderly. Paul took me back into his arms and we danced to a few more songs, holding Emalie in between us for a couple of them before she was taken by her god parents, and then came time to cut the cake. Paul and I had already agreed to not shove the cake in each other’s faces.

Should’ve known we’d go back on that.

The second his shoved the cake across my cheek and mouth, I knew it was on. I narrowed my eyes playfully at him, and then shoved the cake into his face, and hopefully, up his nose. We both laughed at each other, barely hearing the laughter of others around us.

Everyone partied for a little bit longer before it was time to put Emalie, Olivia, and Nessie down for bed. Rosalie and Emmett took Emalie from me while Paul went home to pack for our honeymoon that we were leaving for the next day. I was up in my room packing, freshly showered and changed. I was just putting in my item into the suitcase when hot arms circled my waist. I looked down and saw the metallic wedding band resting on his left ring finger and let out a content sigh.

“Hello, my darling wife,” Paul muttered into my ear.

“Hello, my wonderful husband,” I said back, turning in his arms to press my lips to his.

“Are you excited for tomorrow?” He asked, picking me up and laying me on my bed before crawling into the bed and placing the covers over us. We had already decided to wait for the honeymoon and not the first night like most couples.

“Of course I am. Who wouldn’t be excited for a week in Hawaii?” We settled down under the covers and I placed my head over his heart, letting the sound of his heartbeat lull me into slumber. “Just think,” I mumbled. “When we get back, it’s going to be Hayley and Embry’s turn.” He stilled for a moment.

“Fuck, you’re right.”

___________________________________

Hayley's Maid of Honor Dress

Bride's Maids' Dresses
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this took me way too long to get out, but I was having so much trouble writing this chapter. It didn't want to be written at all. I'm probably going to re-write it sometime in the future, because I am just not happy with this chapter at all.

Anyway, there aren't going to be many more chapters of this story left. I'm thinking five more at the most.

Comment? Message? Subscribe? Thanks. Peace, love, skittles.