‹ Prequel: Brand New Start
Sequel: Beautiful Remains

An Unbreakable Bond

Dean -Point of View-

I sat the couch, the tears never ceasing. The others left, all except for Geoff. He didn't say anything; whether from waiting for me to say something or not knowing what to say, I don't know. I brought my knees to my chest and rested my head on my knees, wrapping my arms around my shins.

"Is there anything I can do?" Geoff asked softly, his Irish accent surrounding the air around us. I turned my head to look at him. I thought for a moment, then realized I wasn't crying.

"Just talk. I don't care about what," I said, not taking my gaze off of him. "You're voice is soothing. And it just might help me get to sleep." He smiled warmly at me and he began to talk. I noticed he was carefully avoiding the topic of him and Shaun, which I was thankful for. I found myself laying down on the couch, just listening to the sooting voice of the only friend I knew would always be there for me, no matter what mistakes I make.

As he started on about another topic, I found my eyes begin to fall. And the last thing that went through my head was, Can I ever make it back up to Chase?

Dreamworld

I awoke with the sound of people yelling at each other over what show to watch. I opened my eyes and saw everyone laughing, except for Fred and Michael, who were currently fighting over the remote. I smiled and sat up.

I inhaled, and smelled the fresh smell of coffee and eggs. I heard Greg and Angel whispering with Chase in the kitchen. I got up and walked into the kitchen, only to be greeted by a passionate kiss from Chase.

When we pulled away, I looked at him with a confused look on my face. "You're not mad at me anymore..." I said, smiling warmly down at my husband. Chase raised an eyebrow and chuckled.

"Why would I be mad at you? You've done nothing wrong lately, baby," he replied. "But hey, it's time to wake up."

Real World


I awoke at the sounds of people laughing. I looked around to see Geoff, Shaun, Hunter, and Jackson. Geoff and Shaun were as far away from each other as possible. Which I thought was odd.

"Morning, sweetcheeks!" Hunter said, smiling at me. I gave a light smile, but I knew it didn't reach my eyes one bit. I wasn't feeling up for smiling all too much. Which, again, I found odd.

"Morning, Hunter," I said, inhaling deep through my nose. I then looked around again, noticing no one else was here. I didn't smell the aromas of coffee brewing or food being cooked. I didn't hear Fred and Chase cracking jokes in the kitchen .... Chase.... I felt the tears spring up in my eyes and got up.

I ran upstairs and towards our room. I walked in slowly and noticed that the house was unnervingly empty. I walked over to the dresser and then the closet, noticing most of Chase's belongings were gone. I fell to my knees, the realization hit me harder than anything. Chase was gone, and he wasn't coming back. And he planned to get divorced -- which meant I only had two weeks to make him realize I was sorry ... that I fucked up big time. That I wanted him back.

I heard someone bang the front door. Rushed footsteps came up the stairs and down the hall towards the bedroom. I looked up and saw Greg hovering over me with a very angered expression across his face. I knew what he saw -- a pitiful excuse for a man ... Chase's husband ... and his adopted father.

"Do you fucking know the pain you're causing Chase right now?" he asked, so calm that I was afraid to speak. I gulped as I continued to stare up at him.

"No, I don't," I admitted, looking down at the ground as the tears started pouring over.

"He feels like you don't even give a shit about him. That everything that's happened in the last few years was all some joke," Greg spat. The tears turned to sobs. It wasn't a joke, I loved Chase more than anything else in the world. "I hope you have a good plan on getting him back, because if not, I won't be afraid to come and kill you." At that, he turned and walked out of the bedroom, closing the door behind him.